Start by marking “Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless

(Hopeless #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  243,330 ratings  ·  20,447 reviews
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something
Published December 19th 2012 (first published December 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hopeless, please sign up.
zubi (My Obsession) You should definitely read it I have read all of colleen hoovers books. She has a way of getting to you heart without you realising. This book is…moreYou should definitely read it I have read all of colleen hoovers books. She has a way of getting to you heart without you realising. This book is amazing. I would also like to recommend slammed by colleen hoover that is the book which got me to start reading and fall in love with it. Everbody has diffrent tastes but i would suggest you give this book a go as well as slammed.
WARNING!! Her book are an emotional rollercoster especially these two (you might need tissues if your an emotional person).!!(less)
Izabela I am not the kind of person, who enjoys all the romances, I usually find them very cheesy/unrealistic. However, "Hopeless" wasn't one one them. The…moreI am not the kind of person, who enjoys all the romances, I usually find them very cheesy/unrealistic. However, "Hopeless" wasn't one one them. The beginning of the book was awful, I have to admit, after first chapter I was like "No way am I gonna like it", because of the main character, but then, a lot of things happened, a lot of facts were released and it really pushed me to read it, I couldn't stop.

I don't spoil things, so the only thing I want to say about this book is that it isn't just about teenage love. It's like the tip of the iceberg. (less)

·  243,330 ratings  ·  20,447 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Potential casting for Holder by Colleen ^^^

EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Hopeless utterly blew me away. It was the kind of book that makes me want to stand on a rooftop and shout how amazing it is to the whole world! Beautiful, heart-wrenching and uplifting.

5++ stars!! One of best books of 2012!

Colleen Hoover’s writing is absorbing, captivating, and flows so smoothly you barely feel the pages slipping by.

After just reading the prologue, I. Was. Hooked. and I just knew that I had to put my lifBOOK!!!!!
Emily May
Aug 10, 2013 rated it did not like it

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

When I started this experiment with the New Adult genre, I knew I was going to have to face a lot of things that I wouldn't like. This genre has become known, during it's short lifetime, for its sexism, its slut-shaming, its poor writing, its eyeroll worthy characters and its creepy
Navessa
When I started to read this book there were over 43k ratings and the average was 4.57. I was understandably nervous, because in the past such high ratings usually mean that I’m the one person on the planet who’s going to HATE it. Not only did I hate this book (all 70 pages that I managed to read) and all of its horrible stereotypes and cheesy scenes, but I was really troubled by it.

You see, I’ve been noticing a disturbing trend in YA/NA books lately and this is probably the best example of it I
Dd
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

Breathless...

Speechless...

Helpless...

Flawless...

........HOPELESS!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Hello Readers!!

After Slammed and Point of Retreat,Colleen Hoover presents us with Hopeless.And I swear this is something you won't be forgetting a/>
Debra
5 ENDLESS STARS!!!!

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favourite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Hope is what comes in the dark of the night
Hope is what whispers 'It will all be alright.'
Hope can blaze like a fire in the heart
Hope can reach across worlds set apart

Hope when lost can bring a world to the ground
Hope when forgotten can be silence amongst sound
Hope if not rea
Katerina
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Not everyone gets a happily every after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope.”

Before I started reading Hopeless, I thought I was ready for everything. The tissues and the chocolate ice-cream were nearby, and the only thing missing was a steel in case I needed to draw an iratze over my heart. It turns out, I was not ready. I was not ready for a book I hated as much as I loved it.

I hated it because it forced me to witness a pain so raw, so deep that felt like I was punc
Christine Riccio
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVED THIS BOOK. the only reason it's not 5 stars is because it made me really sad at parts but it was wonderful <3 I have a booktalk filmed and i'll be posting it eventually =)
Lola
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a story!

I’m stunned. Did I really read what I just read? Did the author really create such an impressive plot? While I didn’t know who Colleen Hoover truly was before picking one of her works up (so glad I chose Hopeless!), now I do know; she’s a brilliant contemporary romance author.

This is such a heartbreaking story. Yet, it does contain some beautiful moments of joy, swoony love and real honesty. That’s what I preferred the most actually; how honest the main character was with us. She isn't that kind of
Christy
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-audio
5+ stars!

I’m not sure how to put into words how much I loved this book! One of the best I’ve read this year! It was such a beautiful story- once I started this one, there was no hope for sleep... I couldn’t put it down! It had some twists and turns I did not expect! I love all Colleen Hoover’s books, her writing is awesome- but this is by far the best! It is in a class of its own! Incredible!!!

This is Sky and Holder’s story. Sky is awesome. She is funny, brave, and just real. Sky is a teenage girl
Kristen
5 HUGE Stars–And My Favorite Read Of The Year

description

Oh my gosh! This book! This unbelievably heartfelt, emotional, gripping book! I LOVED this book. I mean I REALLY loved this book. Like, I loved EVERY SINGLE THING about this book. I think you get my drift.

It been a long time since I've fallen wholeheartedly in love with a book, its characters, and its love story. I adored this heartbreakingly emotional story. It made me laugh, it made cry, and it made me believe in young love. I loved the heroine, Sky. She's one of the
Richa
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hopeless - Having no hope, bleak, despairing....isn't that what it means to be hopeless??...But I learnt a different meaning of Hopeless recently....that sometimes being hopeless can mean so much more....

Someone told me I was hopeless....
That I would never go anywhere in my life
That I would have to struggle to survive
That people would point their fingers at me and whisper behind my back
Someone told me I was hopeless....
And I just smiled and nodded and told her that I hopedclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Someone
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
She had me at, “completely and comfortably numb.”

BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmHUt...

I almost don't trust myself to write this review because I'm pretty sure...no, I know it will be impossible for me to put into words the experience of Hopeless.

The title in itself is packed with irony because every single thing about this book is...more. I felt this book before I even finished the first chapter. Yes, the story is dark, but this type of beauty doesn’t need light to be seen. This type of beauty is meant to be f
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPECIAL SALE! 6-20-13 Audible audio edition of Hopeless is on sale for $1.99 LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless/dp/B00...
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
5+++ STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

Colleen never disappoints!

Photobucket

I LOVED IT!

Photobucket

"Promise me that you will never lose Hope.”
She nods her hefor
Glamdring
Dec 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Glamdring by: Lex

Ok, don't kill me but for me, Hopeless was mostly an over the top book.

To be honest, after reading the first chapter I was afraid that it would be a 1 star book, but then luckily things got better unfortunately not that better.

What prevented me from really enjoying Hopeless is not so much the YA genre or the predictability of the story, that the over use of tragic/traumatic events.

Seriously? How many of those an author can use in one single book? (view spoiler) ...more
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
5 Gorgeous, shining stars! And a couple glow in the dark ceiling ones too...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seems ironic that a book entitled Hopeless would lead me to become so incredibly and utterly hopeful. There are many reasons why I love to read, but ultimately, I read to become inspired. And, after finishing this phenomenal book, I'm pretty sure I've never wanted to hug an author so badly in my life. Colleen Hoover—the vivid characters you create deserve to be humanized,
Whitney Atkinson
11/5/15: i just stumbled across this book in my "read" shelf and saw I gave it 4 stars, which I immediately changed because now, several months later, all I can think about is how badly this book was written instead of the actual good parts.

------

honestly i was expecting so much more out of colleen hoover. i didn't get teary once reading this book. holder was so intense and edward cullen-ish for the first half of this book that i didnt trust him for the rest of the last h
Jenny Levine
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“I’ve lost a lot in my long life.
Yes, I’ve seen pain and I’ve seen strife.
But I’ll never give up; I’ll never let go.
Because I’ll always have my ray of hope.”

Linden Sky's life lacks color. Together with her friend, Six, she lives her life. She was branded school slut because she makes out with different boys, but the only reason she's doing that is because she doesn't feel anything with those guys. Just numbness... And she likes not feeling anything at all. Up until she met Holder...

Dean Holder... “Messy brown hai
Jamie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If there was such a thing as a perfect book Hopeless would be it. The story doesn't just suck you in, it transforms you. You're still the same person after it's through but there's a little something extra that's been added to your life. The characters were unique and real with their own personalities and quirks like the way Sky just blurts out things that she is thinking or the way she normally doesn't let situations embarrass or bother her and then there's Holder who always pauses a bit before ...more
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Audio book on sale for $1.99 -> http://amzn.to/1HLB1rw
3/26/2015

I reread this one via an audio book. I LOVED IT! Even though it's been 3 years since I've read this story - it still brought back all the same feels from the first time.
8/24/2015

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Holder was an amazing boyfriend!!! As most everyone on GR knows I hate Will Cooper from Slammed. But Colleen Hoover has given me hope in her male characters!!

description

This book touched in me so many ways! I bawled my eyes out!

I spent so much time highlighting this book that I realized it was turning into on8/24/2015
I
Clumsy Storyteller
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover is great but somehow it didn't work out for me , i didn't like many things, The characters were very young and stupid, Sky is 18 years old, a freak with very limited social life,Holder is just an asshole, 20 years old stalker with a bad temper. the first half was good but i got bored quickly. There's a Lots of gossip and rumors and i couldn't bring myself to keep listening to the audiobook. i was suprised by how CoHo can write about all these tragic events *Drama queen ...more
xrysa
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This isn't a book for weak hearted people.
I'm warning you!!!!!
You will difinately cry.

Sky

I loved her a lot! She was proved to be one of the strongest characters of the book . Her past was heartbreaking and as the story flew we were discovering with her , pieces of her past.

“I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.”

Holder

This isn't a book for weak hearted people.
I'm warning you!!!!!
You will difinately cry.

Sky

Holder

He was also fucked-up. (view spoiler)
When he met Sky he did everything so she will truly love him and help him recover but he never thought that he would find out what really happened to his sister and to the girl who used to live next door.

This story caused me an emotional rollercoaster.

The first half of the book was SO sweet and cute! It was so nice and romantic the way they fell for each other.

Well I have to admit that I almost run out of patience because he woulndn't kiss her.(view spoiler)

On the other hand , the second half of the book left me speechless!!

I had No idea that the story would turn out like this!!

So many secrets of the past.

They needed each other....

Both of them learned the harsh truth....

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
6 Stars! ★☆☽☾

I butterflying lived&hated this book!

Sky, Holder and Collen Hoover! :D

description

After crossing the 60% mark of this book.. All I could tell myself during many events and scenes was...
Breathe... Breathe... Breathe...

Breathe just a little more.. let the oxygen spread to your lungs and brains!
Because what you are reading..
It just cannot be whats actually written

Hehe, Stayed awake till 8am finishing this book... Pulled an all nighter and oh boy was it worth ever single minute!

"The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no maminute!
was...
Breathe...★☆☽☾
Pearl Angeli
Another gut-puncher novel written by the one and only Colleen Hoover.

This was a very difficult book to rate for me. I enjoyed Colleen Hoover's books-- mainly Confess which until these days, remains my favorite. After reading Hopeless, I was torn whether I should rate it 3 or 4 stars. In the end though, I chose the former because I have more issues with this book than I've ever thought.

But first, let me give you the good traits about this book. I found this book outstanding because:

* Colleen Hoover writes beautifully. She always has a way with words thatbecause:
Lise *friends don't flag*
Incredible...

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it’s dark or rainy or cloudy, it’s still beautiful to look at"

description

"he slides his fingers down my arm until he finds my pinky, then wraps his around it. It’s an extremely small gesture, but he couldn’t have done anything more perfect to fill me with the sense of security that I need from him right now"

description

I can't even begin to express how much I loved this book. Simply, heartbreakingly beautiful and I loved every single word written.

Thank-you, Ms. Hoover for creatinIncredible...
Samantha Young
Beautifully written, heartbreaking, gutwrenching and stunningly addictive. Adored it.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
2nd read : 30th December,2018

2nd time reading it and still it was so beautiful. 😭😭😭 My all time favorite CoHo book!!! ❤❤❤

-----------
1st read : 28th September,2014

Wow just Wow!!! I'm speechless. This book was something else. It was freaking awesome. I loved it! 😍 Thank you Colleen and I love you Dean Holder. (^_^)

2nd read : 30th December,2018

-----------
1st read : 28th September,2014

---------------------

“The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”

“Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am. You can hold my hand, you can run your fingers through my hair, you can straddle me while I feed you spaghetti, but you are not getting kissed tonight. And probably not tomorrow, either. I need this. I need to know for sure that you're feeling every single thing that I'm feeling the moment my lips touch yours. Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses.”

"When I touch you, I’m touching you because I want to make you happy. When I kiss you, I’m kissing you because you have the most incredible mouth I’ve ever seen and you know I can’t not kiss it. And when I make love to you—I’m doing exactly that. I’m making love to you because I’m in love with you.”

“Are you allowed to get pregnant yet?”
I laugh. “Nope. Not this weekend. Besides, you have to kiss a girl before you can knock her up.”
“Did someone not have sex education when she was homeschooled?” he says. “Because I could totally knock you up without ever kissing you. Want me to show you?”

“The way his voice wraps around my name makes me wish the only word in his entire vocabulary was 'Sky'.”

“I live you, Sky," he says against my lips. "I live you so much.”

Evgnossia O'Hara
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars! All the feelings! I loved it, I hated it, I accepted it! This story destroyed me, and then healed me. It was truly an emotional roller coaster!
Colleen you are a Queen of my heart!

Giselle
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, arc
Wow where do I start? At the amazing characters? At the sky rocketing chemistry? At the scenes that are so powerfully emotional that you want to curl into a ball and cry for days? I have nothing but praise for this gem that Colleen has created. This book rocked my world, and then it broke it in two.

Before we get down and heavy into the depths, let's talk about what started it all, and that is the characters. Sky is our protagonist and she could not have been a more enjoyable character for me. S
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
SWEET
HOPEFUL
PURE
MOVING

I loved this book. EVERY emotion is written within the pages. You feel it ALL. What can I say. Colleen Hoover is brilliant. THIS book is brilliant. There's no words for what I read, except....

READ THIS FREAKING BOOK. It rocks!

You can also find me at -

BLOG FACEBOOK LINK --->> Facebook - Angie's Dreamy Reads

• Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • Going Under
  • Back to You
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • True Love Story
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • Never Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #2; Too Far, #2)
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love, #1.5)
  • Reckless (Thoughtless, #3)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

Hopeless (2 books)
  • Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)
“The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful.” 1784 likes
“F#%k all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.” 1531 likes