Start by marking “Desires Revealed” as Want to Read:
Desires Revealed

Desires Revealed

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Escape from the religious war leads Nicole and her family to the most unlikely rescuer, a vampire. Nicole discovers love and a new life, but finds herself inexplicably drawn in to a private war between her protector and an extremist faction of vampires.

The deeper she gets involved in the vampire world the higher the price she will have to pay to obtain her desires.

Rejoin “
Kindle Edition, Available at Amazon, 154 pages
Published June 21st 2012 (first published June 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Desires Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desires Revealed

Roberto Mattos
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This is the first book I read from this young author and instead of finding just another vampire book, I found a whole description of an interesting world, that captivates the attention of the reader from the beginning. The plot is simple: a family is rescued in the middle of St. Bartholomew's Massacre (Paris 1572) by a vampire. Nicole, the younger daughter of the family was five years old at that time and she develops an admiration by their savior, Lad ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

Bektamum is from a powerful race of vampires; she has great strength as she is around 2000 years old. Harrington shares a world filled with levels of vampires and violence. The story is compelling and action packed from the beginning. History is weaved in as Harrington describes the religious persecution of the Huguenots.

Nicole is very young when she meets Bektamun, but she isn’t afraid of her even knowing what she is. While Bektamun protects Nicole’s family, t
Natalie Gibson
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
No, it isn't a surprise that I love a book about a vampire. This was not an erotic novel, and I normally prefer that in my romance. I really enjoyed this novel even though it did not fit perfectly within my normal genres. It was a tender love that developes between Nicole and Bek.

Nicole is a tiny girl, maybe 3 or 4, when her family became hunted for the religious beliefs of their household. They ran. Desperate to escape death, they unknowingly ran right into the waiting arms of a vampire. Bek s
Jessica Bronder
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story starts in Paris in 1572 with a family caught in the middle of the St. Bartholomew’s Massacre. Nicole and her family are running away from religious prosecution and run straight into the arms of a 2,600 year old vampire. Nicole is about 5 years old and becomes fascinated by Bektamum, Bek, even though the rest of her family clearly doesn’t like or trust Bek.

Over the years, Bek helps Nicole get through life and teaches her things she has learned. But as Nicole learns and grows up, Bek i
Sherrie Cronin
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book's best qualities surprised me. For one, it does an excellent job of touching on the sheer insanity of religious intolerance. Secondly, the tender and evolving love story between a strong female vampire and a young human girl is told in such a way as to appeal to any human with a heart, and to be a joyful affirmation for young women with similar desires. The title implies more sex than there is, but be assured that there is some lust along with the love, albeit told in a classy manner.
I
Stefan Vucak
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
With ‘Desires Revisited’, Rebeka Harrington leads the reader into a different world of vampires, familiar, yet different. In her world, not all vampires are creatures of bloodlust and death. They can also love - love a human. It is a sensitive story, but far too short to properly explore the concepts Harrington has raised. The frequent shifts in point of view between Nicole and Rebeka do not allow the reader to properly relate to either character. Nevertheless, this is an eminently worthwhile st ...more
Lisa Schuch
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rebeka’s Harrington’s “Desires Revealed” is a fast paced story of love, violence, loyalty and revenge. From the 1st chapter, the reader will be sucked into the author’s world with no complaints. It illustrates that love can conquer all and does not know boundaries.
It is extremely well written and will steal the reader’s attention. I could not put it down and I suspect that anyone who is a paranormal reader will also have that issue. I look forward to more works from Harrington.
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a great book, it grabbed and held my attention from page one. I loved the Story of Bek and how she rescued Nicole and her family. This is a romance,and suspenseful book. If you love paranormal vampire books, then this book is for you! I sure hope the author writes a part two to this book. I can't wait to see how they get revenge on Oskar.
Hisham Malik
Chris Aglah
Apr 13, 2013
Doreen
Apr 01, 2017
TeAmNeRd ReViEwS: Desires Revealed by Rebeka Harrington 1 2 Aug 02, 2012 10:44AM
Open Book Society: Rebeka Harrington Interview 1 2 Jul 20, 2012 10:10PM
Raised in country Victoria, Rebeka started her writing career working for the local newspaper as a teenager. While she decided not to pursue this as a career, she has always enjoyed writing and being creative.

With so many varied interests and eccletic taste in most things, Rebeka enjoys incorporating all of them in her writing. She particularly enjoys writing about vampires.

Rebeka seeks to define
“Humans time and again demonstrated they were capable of perpetrating crimes as vile and gruesome as any vampire.” 2 likes