Start by marking “Love's Providence” as Want to Read:
Love's Providence

Love's Providence

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  300 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
An alternate cover edition can be found here.

College athlete Lily Brennon has always been the piece that doesn’t quite fit in the puzzle, especially in her blended family, and no amount of rule-following perfection seems to bring her any closer to the love and acceptance she desperately seeks. If not for Jackson Carter, her childhood best friend and the only boy she’s ever
Published May 24th 2012 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Love's Providence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Providence

Ileana
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle
(This review has spoiler) This is a suprising nice read. This is the story of Jackson, Lily and Alex. I must confess that the book was slow for me at the beginning but I kept reading it because the book's good review. The book got much more intense towards the latter half. It had unexpected twists and turns and ultimately love and forgiveness was what reunited two of the main characters. I must say that I have mixed feelings about Lily since she ultimately lost her viginity to Alex. She knew all ...more
Kathleen
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lily Brennon and Jackson Carter have been childhood best friends for twelve years, and have dated from their late high school years into their college years in Birmingham, Alabama. Lily always thought that they had a relationship that was going to last forever, but when Jackson suffers the tragic loss of his father and a blown knee sidelines his dream of joining the NBA, he slides down the slippery slope of depression and pushes everyone away including Lily.

While on a family vacation to St. Simo
Jen
I'm going to stay this is sports related because she was a volleyball player and he was a basketball player.. they did a few play by plays with the volleyball - so sports :)

his was an Awesome book! I truly loved it! It had everything I love in a great romance book -
Starting off with Jackson and Lily being best friends since they were 9 years old, dating when they turned 16, in love while in collage.
Life was great!

At least until things started going downhill for Jackson. His father died, he b
Leigh
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
ORIGINAL REVIEW AT: Little Book Star

This is the first time that I read a YA Christian Romance and it was awesome! It’s not only about romance, but it’s about the characters making right decisions in life, keeping their morals & principles, and taking risks. It is told in third person p.o.v. and switches back and forth to our three main characters’ perspectives – Lily, Jackson, and Alex. Lily and Jackson are best friends and had been on the same school since they were a child. Let’s say, the
Jonel Boyko
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Once I was finished reading this very well written book I felt at peace. Love’s Providence is an intriguing novel full of some of the most tragic events imaginable, but they are all realistic things that could happen in a regular individual’s day. No one is supernatural, no one is a super hero, and everyone is overwhelmingly human in every thought, feeling, and action. All in all, the overarching religious experience found within the pages brings you back to yourself and helps you re-center your ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Book exchanged for a review~Per Goodreads rules

What a beautiful story of hope, faith, and love between two childhood friends. From the beginning you are drawn into the story of Lily and Jackson. Following Lily and Jackson thru life's ups and downs show you just how faithful God really is. Both Jackson and Lily are tested yet neither of them see it until the very end of the book. Here are my thoughts on the book.

Lily Brennon is a young Christian, who always thought Jackson and her were going to b
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)

Lily is the main character in the book. Her story begins as her boyfriend and best friend decides to end the relationship. He is struggling with personal trauma and emotionally withdraws from life.

Heartbroken, she takes a trip with her family to an island for the summer. Her she meets Alex. He is a handsome police officer with an attitude. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly and the relationship to progress father than Lily was prepared for.

Lurking in the background is her feelings f
Joana
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I started to read this delightful book thinking it was just the normal Christian Romance. Boy was I wrong! This little book packed a punch and pretty soon I was transported into an all out mystery/suspense with action and adventure. Wow.

This is an excellent read for young adults and I'd even recommend it for young Christians who are in the throes of decision making as it relates to purity. This book shows us what can happen when we compromise our standards and change our minds to please those a
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to say that Love’s Providence really surprised me. I knew it was a Christian Romance when I started it but the story is such a real and touching one. It had a really good mixture of romance and mystery to it.

This is a book I would recommend to any young adult or even adult. It really shows how one wrong decision and a compromise on your beliefs can make life spiral out of control. There are many good lessons to be learned from this and I think the consequences are portrayed very well. It
Corrine
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a good fast read. I was in between books for my book club and thought why not try this book for .99 on Amazon not expecting to much. Boy was I wrong, this book engages you right from the start and I was not able to put it down. I hope to see much more from Jennifer. I really like her writing style it! flows so well. Jennifer keep writing.
Stacy Walz
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story and happy ending!

Good read. Slow to start but great storyline. Very captivating and good lesson in leaning on Jesus for everything. It is so easy for us to mess up His good plans for us!
Maritza
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything! Tragedy, mistakes , romance, regret, thrills, forgiveness and most of all love! Beautiful story of how regardless of our mistakes and bad choices God loves us and always has the best design for our lives...even when we get in the way! Loved it
Suzanne
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book! Characters were likable and well developed. Loved the ending but I won't spoil it for you.
Donna D
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Loved this book. It was so full of twists and turns, very interesting and well written. Ms. Westlake is one of my favorite authors.
Pauline Kyama
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's not quite a 4, but not a 3 either. After reading the healing Ruby series... I struggled to get into this story. But once it picked up, I read it everywhere and sometimes, as I waiting for traffic to move, I sneaked in a page or two eager to get home, cosy up and read on. Initially,I felt it was suitable for a younger me. The constant description of the characters being aroused, felt a bit much like the characters had no other dimension but Its high school going on to college so that really ...more
Debbie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellently written

This is my first Jennifer H. Westall novel, and it did not disappoint. The beginning pages pulled me quickly into the story so that I wanted to know more.
The main characters were so believable and their daily struggles were similar to those of many young Christians. This story was filled with detail to help you understand the reasoning of the course of actions by the characters. I found it easier to read because of the details presented.
There was a portion of the novel that d
Shaun Nipper
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story kept me hooked all the way through.

It's a wonderful story of love and self discovery. We all deal with grief in different ways. Even though the story was predictable it kept me hooked all the way to the end. The author makes the characters feel so real, its like your reading about loved ones or friends. I want to know what happens next. Great read for anyone looking for a bit of adventure and romance.
Barbara
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
No Changing God's Plans

Lily and Jackson had loved each other for forever. But when Jackson's father suddenly died, Jackson was so depressed and heart broken that he pushed Lily away. On a beach trip she met charming Alex. He had secrets and history that did not fit Lily's values and faith. Through pain and struggles, all three characters grappled with finding and following God's will. Lesson learned: God's plan is perfect and He will have His way.
Vina Lull
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unrealistic and not a great storyline

I really wanted to like this book and kept reading with the expectation it would get better. Unfortunately it did not live up. I won’t add a spoiler alert and say why, but parts of it were just silly and repetitive. I hated the whole Alex thing.
Sue Ferryman
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Temptation!

This author weaved quite a storyline of triangular love as well as temptations not pleasing to God. My review cannot be quite what I would normally give as it was too steamy, albeit true to life. My personal belief is the eyes are the windows of my soul.
charles dewey
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good read to remind you that God has our back even when we can't see it that way.

I gave the book five stars for directing us to search our own hearts to not only forgive but accept forgiveness.
Mary K. Stroup
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a little trouble following characters because I only read a few hours at a time. I would have been better off if I read the book through. It was an interesting book, though.
Renco Booyse
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Little predicted

I choose this book cause of it's title. Ending was a little predicted. But overall a good read. Enjoyed the reax
Kaitlyn Wilson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

I loved reading this book. I was on the edge of my seat until the very end of the book.
Kathy Runyon
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A modern day coming of age romance story of redemption.
Cathy
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was really quiet the attention grabber. Sure there’s nothing supernatural about it or apocalyptic, but there was so much drama I thought I was watching a really good soap opera, with a Christian base. We meet Jackson and Lily as they are just getting into a disagreement and Jackson just decides that he can’t take it anymore and breaks it off with her. They’ve known each other for the majority of their lives, childhood friends moved to a couple that belonged together, or so they thought ...more
Cherie
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one. Anytime I see the word "Christian" attached to a book I cringe a little. That's a personal thing because I grew up attending a very strict Baptist church that followed the Bible in a very literal sense. I many times find that when things are labeled Christian it's because the content is generally not relateable to those outside the Christian faith. Not so with Love's Providence.

I think the author really did a fantastic job of writing characters of faith and strong convictions
Ruth Hill
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Christian romances are often "a dime a dozen," and I have read so many Christian books this year that I would describe as vapid and sappy. Jennifer Westall has written a book that certainly breaks that mold with its twists and turns and somewhat unconventional resolution. I can definitely say this is a book that kept me guessing almost from the first page.

This can certainly be classified as a clean romance. I would have preferred the author not using "inappropriate" words (not profanity, but wor
Sher
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

This book is labeled as an YA Edgy Christian Romance. It sure wasn't like most Christian novels I've read. Mostly that had to do with the sexual interactions between Alex and Lily. They have some steamy make out sessions before Lily gives in to the pressure of sex, going against her moral values as a Christian. Of course afterwards, she is devastated and full of guilt and remorse.

I think the book did a good job of reflecting Christian values, real world frustrations and heartache, makin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Romance Lovers fo...: August Book of the Month 2 29 Jul 18, 2012 05:40AM
A Must Read! 1 8 Jul 10, 2012 04:46AM
  • Life After the Undead
  • Captured Sun (Highland Home #2)
  • Cross the Ocean
  • The Folly At Falconbridge Hall
  • Heart in Hand (Stitches in Time, #3)
  • The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #1)
  • Defiant Heart
  • Road to Tomorrow (Look to the Future, #3)
  • The Second Son (Kings of Cardenas #2)
  • Sierra
  • Rising Sun, Falling Star
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • Angel's Assassin
  • Your Gift to Me
  • The Christmas Bride (The Burnett Brides, #4)
  • Can't Let Go
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West, #3)
  • Chasing Clovers
Jennifer Westall loves writing Christian fiction as a way of exploring her own faith journey. Saving Grace (2016) is the third installment in the Healing Ruby series, the first of which was inspired by events in the life of her grandmother and explores the mysteries of faith healing. She's also the author of Love's Providence (2012), a contemporary Christian romance novel that navigates the minefi ...more
More about Jennifer H. Westall