Start by marking “Lost Spirits (Darke Academy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lost Spirits (Darke Academy, #4)

Lost Spirits

(Darke Academy #4)

A new term, a new location for the Darke Academy - and everything is different for Cassie Bell. The beauty of the turquoise Kenyan sea can't make up for the loss of her soulmate, Ranjit. He's on the run, and Cassie will do anything to find him. But when the evil Katerina and her mother appear, more powerful than ever, Cassie has to make a crucial decision. And her love for ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Lost Spirits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Spirits

Mitchii
Jun 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
There's a fourth book?!
Erika
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Before reading:
OMG I AM SOO EXCITED TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE DARKE ACADEMY SERIES!! After the last one, I seriously can't wait! So glad it is making it into publishing :)

After reading:
I can't believe this almost didn't make it into publishing! After a couple of years ago reading the divide I decided to re read them all as I had not read the last one and remembered how much I enjoyed the series. Can I just say this is still one of my all time favourite series I have read a number of times an
Asha
The whole series is pretty much boring. Why, oh why do writers insist on writing supernatural romance if they are just going to neglect the supernatural part?

The characters were one dimensional.
Cassie
This was my face the whole book.

NOT IMPRESSED.

She is a Mary Sue - a bitchy one in fact.

Ranjit
Also known as Gary Stu.

description

Yup. Yawn indeed. Ranjit is a very boring character with no depth. He's probably there to act as Cassie's arm candy. Speaking of Cassie, their so called chemistry is forced and their
Leigh Hunt
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really really loved this series. there was something fresh about it. I would recommend this set of books to anyone who lived Richelle Mead, or even Cassandra Clare. they were great.
Booknut
In the beginning of this series, by feeling for Cass were kinda like:

But now, when it has reached its end and I have to part ways with her, I'm all like:

The series ended with a bang - people come back to life, sacrifices are made, people die that you wish hadn't (*sniffs*), cute couples and gorgeous architecture is flaunted from some of the world's most beautiful historical sites. A mix of mythology and the paranormal, this book is a thrilling conclusion to the series :)
Lady Entropy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Slightly better than the previous ones in matter of conflict, damage, stakes, but

- Cassie is still a bitch.
- Ranjit is still boring as all hell.
- The vampires, while creative, are still boring and pretty much one dimentional.
- The main meta conflict is still pointless and boring.
- The main character and others suffer from a major MAJOR bout of plot-convenient stupidity.

It all feels rushed, as if the author had discovered she can't stand the book any more and wants to be done with the
Veronika
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
4,5 stars

Well.. Ok, I have to admit that I didnt expect less than that much of a greatness in this - last book of this serie. Action packed love story fulfilled with "magic", anger, fears and betrayal..
Great description of setting enhanced the feelings throughout the story, awesome turns and relationships.
Loved it!!
Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!}
I have no idea why i keep reading these, but i just do... :P
I didn't even remember there was gonna be a 4th book!
Mazmum
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
And now the time has come for me and Cassie to part ways and such as with the others kids in school I didn't gel with, I won't miss her at all.

I nearly gave up circa 50% through this one as it was annoying me so. However, the last portion improved distinctly with the great showdown and finale.
Bathsheba Turner
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Nicely wrapped up
Nisareen
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
At the end of Divided Souls, Cassie discovered to her horror that Ranjit, (having been possessed by the power of the first who touched the pendant) was the stalker responsible for the deaths of the Few members. She saves Richard but Jake wasn’t so lucky and was inadvertently killed by Ranjit when Jake tried to stop him. Isabelle was beside herself with grief. With Ranjit now on the run and a grim faced Sir Alric rebuking her for failing to stop him, Cassie faces an uncertain future. Lost Souls, ...more
Connie
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Source: I own this book.

Title: Lost Spirits
Author: Gabriella Poole
Series: Darke Academy #4
Overall rating: 3 Stars

This has been a series of many highs and many lows for me. In some cases I've thought, HELL YES. This series is great! In others, I've thought why the heck am I reading this again?! Leading to the overall view of this being a fairly average series, however this one did pick up a little bit. Cassie developed a little bit of character showing compassion for Isabella, grief for
Gen
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review is also posted on my blog Book Savvy:

Lost Spirits is definately one of my favourite Dark Academy novels by far. In this last novel it keeps the storyline flowing in a way that doesn't seem as though Poole is trying too hard to keep the Darke Academy series going.

Lost Spirits continues to follow Cassie and her best friend Isabella through the trials and hardships of attending a school of prestigious, soul feeding students.
Since the end of the l
Rachel
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
An average end to an average series.

Book one was great, then it ALL went down the drain from there on. Never have I come across a character as obnoxious and annoying as Cassie, not even Cathy in Wuthering Heights was this obnoxious and selfish. She is portrayed as this boy crazy, weak willed, blundering idiot, to the point where i find it actually offensive, surely no one is that stupid?... right?. Her obnoxious petulance towards authority figures who only have her best interest in mind is so d
Liang
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first and second book in the series, but definitely an improvement from the third. The story is revolving around Cassie and Ranjit wanting to get rid of their spirits, so they can finally be with each other.

Overall, a fantastic read. The series really makes you think about how real life events are related to the themes in this book.

Spoilers!

I didn't expect a happy ending for both of them, but they really did it. Their spirits are gone. I was kinda hoping they'd be stuck with t
Gemma Wise
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ayisha
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
I don't know exactly why this has a lower rating from me compared to the other books in the series. Maybe it was because of the large gap between reading the other books so my memory was a bit foggy on events which at times left me feeling confused, the one time I was actually grateful for the author habit of summarising past books which I normally find annoying lol.
I found the ending refreshing because for once the happily ending after consists of giving up supernatural qualities such as super
Addie
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The start was a bit boring but it started to get interesting. I found Cassie stupid with her decision with the artifacts. I don't like the fact that my favorite character died too. All in all, I'm happy everyone is happy. The series is now finished, everyone has a happily ever after (except for my favorite character who just had to die)
Anna
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
some left, some came back, and some just stayed
some lost, some won, and some were surprised with the outcome
people may change but in the end the Academy will stay the same
and one thing is certain: I'll miss you Halton-Jones...
Cameron Watson
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved this book so much but the ending was not what I was expecting but it was still brilliant!
Keely
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great ending to the series! Much better experience finishing this series than my last encounter with a series ending!
Amyleigh
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Book four for me was a real let down :(
Rose
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge-2014
That awkward moment when you realize there's more books to the series you were reading! Also, HAPPY FEELINGS.
Michelle Louise
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! It was well worth the wait for it! Shame it was the end of the series but it was such a good book to end on.
Joeve
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it is very interesting ... Highy reccomended
Emily
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING, not giving any information away about the book just incase anybody hasnt read it, but it is truly amazing..TEAM RICHARD.
Virginia
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I really like this series, and I really liked the way this book wrapped it all up.
Shu Min
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like happy endings
Karen King
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series has been an interesting take on the whole "I love him but" genre, especially as choosing to be together involved giving up something most people want. A tidy finish to the series.
Darren Bardsley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A really enjoyable conclusion to the series. I hope there are further books set in the Darke Academy/Few universe.

• The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2)
  • The Possession of Cassie Quinn
  • Familiar
  • I Know Lucy (A Fugitive #1)
  • Gasten (Pax, #5)
  • The Return Part II & The Last Story (Remember Me, #2-3)
  • Night's Favor (Night's Champion #1)
  • Blood Red
  • Aftermath (Nightshade #3.5; Nightshade World #6.5)
  • Our Souls to Keep (Our Souls to Keep, #1)
  • The God Organ
  • Sanctify (Unbinding Fate, #2)
  • Vampireology: The True History of the Fallen Ones (Ologies, #9)
  • Fool's Silver (Mortal Kiss, #2)
  • Storm Kissed (Nightkeepers, #6)
  • The Guardians (The MORE Trilogy, #2)
  • Turning Amber (Lila, #0.7)
  • 'Til Fear Do Us Part (A Grim Awakening, #1)
Gabriella Poole is a pseudonym used by Gillian Philip.

I live in the north-east highlands of Scotland, with one husband, two children, three dogs (Cluny, Milo and Otto), two psychotic cats (the Ghost and the Darkness), a slayer hamster (Buffy), three chickens (Mapp, Lucia and Mrs Norris) and a lot of nervous fish. I have taken a solemn vow not to get any more pets. I will probably break this vow.

Wr

Darke Academy (4 books)
  • Secret Lives (Darke Academy, #1)
  • Blood Ties (Darke Academy, #2)
  • Divided Souls (Darke Academy, #3)