Start by marking “SEAL Encounter (SEAL Brotherhood novella, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
SEAL Encounter (SEAL Brotherhood novella, #0.5)

SEAL Encounter (SEAL Brotherhood 0.5)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  820 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
This is a short piece written to introduce you to my characters, Kyle and Christy. It is a small investment of time and money on your part, like the first course to a much larger meal.
This is a private glimpse into the hearts and minds of these fictional SEALs, their community, and the women who are lucky enough to be loved by them. Their brotherhood, loyalty and mission t
Published June 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about SEAL Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEAL Encounter

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
1,129 books — 934 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesEasy by Tammara WebberThoughtless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
I AM IN LOVE !!!
3,264 books — 5,575 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was definitely short (only a couple chapters) and it could easily have been a prologue to the first book since it's the same characters. But, it was a great introduction to the series. I can't wait to see more of the characters in book one.

Awilk -never sleeps-
Short and a quick enough read, but I didn't really understand the point of this. It was much too short to tell me anything, and I feel that this series would of been just of good if it started with a full length novel.
Wendy
Just enough to wet the appetite. Looking forward to getting to know Kyle and the rest of SEAL team mates.
Nikki
Super short intro to a new SEAL series. I do love me some hottie Navy SEALS! ;) It was a good peek into the two MC's who will be featured in the full length book.
Hbeebti
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was a really good short story. I enjoyed it even though it was just a taste of what the first book will be like. I felt myself wishing for more which is the point with these short stories.
Arletta Dawdy
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Writer Sharon Hamilton leads into her new SEAL series by dropping mysterious clues and innuendoes, like Gretel's dropping of crumbs, in SEAL ENCOUNTER, a brief novella. The goal is to bring us to the edge of our seats crying out, like Oliver, for "more, please." Four SEALS, one young beauty and the aura of sexual tension and mystery take hold of the reader's imagination quickly. Will Kyle and Christy ever hook up? What is Armando's secret? How will the team respond to the answers? There is nowhe ...more
Sally
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: military, read-2012
This novella is a great introduction to the two main characters of the first instalment of the SEAL Brotherhood series. This shows where Kyle Lansdowne and Christy Nelson first bump into each other and make that first initial impact.

Ms. Hamilton's writing style is effortless and makes for easy reading. With characters that are instantly likeable this novella gives an insight into a series that has lots of potential. I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters grow and of course see what the
Eniko
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great intro to the 'Seal Brotherhood' series. The two main characters are Christy and Kyle. They meet by chance and they fall for each other. But, as we all know, love is not easy. Past experiences and circumstances get in the way. What I like about this novella is that is real. It was short, so I am looking forward to the next one.
Sassy
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing

What a wonderful prequel to "Accidental SEAL" in the SEAL Brotherhood series, by Sharon Hamilton. I found that this has set up 'Accidental SEAL' perfectly and enticed me to read more. Loved it and can't wait to read the next in this series.
ツ Renée
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
I am very excited about this series. The camaraderie between Kyle, Coop, Fredo, and Armando is steadfast and humorous. I was intrigued by the mystery surrounding Armando, and left wanting more from the near misses between Kyle and Christy.
Greeneyes Belle28
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great beginning.
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was enough to get me to immediately start Accidental SEAL.
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
This is a prelude to an exciting and super sexy series. It is a great introduction to the characters in the first book.
Beth
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
Extremely short novella that gives you just a teasing taste of the series to come. I will definitely be checking out first book in this series.
Victoria
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I own this book as part of the Ultimate Seal Collection bundle
Wendy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sharon-hamilton
It was a nice introduction to the two main characters of Accidental SEAL however, I've never read a book where a SEAL was sort of down on himself like Kyle is. He see's a beautiful woman in the airport and automatically assumes she would never be interested in someone like him and later makes references about his lowly military salary, can't meet a woman, etc. Aren't SEALS supposed to be super cocky and confident and don't most make more money than a "lowly military salary" since they are specia ...more
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I had read another one of the SEAL Brotherhood novels before this, so I knew the outcome before reading it. This being said, I didn't feel a connection with the main characters as I had in the later books. It did make me want to see what the others in the series were like as I liked the supporting people, but the hero and heroine I didn't have a connection to.

I'm glad to report, though, the other book I read in the series did make me want to try another one within the series. Further, I didn't l
Maria
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars - This is a set-up for Christy and Kyle's story. This story just introduces us to Christy Nelson who is traveling to settle her mother's estate. At the airport SEAL Chief of SEAL Team 3, Kyle Landsdowne spots a long pair of legs that belong to a blonde at the airport.

In this setup novella, these two never meet, but fate definitely wants them to. Their complete Story takes place in book one "Accidental SEAL".

We just get a taste for the characters.
Belletab
well, I finished the short story but I am still just in the first 25% of the next book and so far, I am not positive that I will finish it.
Dawn Pressel
How does one rate a prologue? It was fast and honestly bored me but I figure it is a prologue so maybe the story will be better...
Deanna from Deanna's World
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a quick little primer into the world of the SEAL Brotherhood, introducing the SEAL Team III guys and the first couple of the series, Christy and Kyle. We also get a little hint leading into the mystery which centers around the first book Accidental SEAL.

Kyle and Christy are both on their way to San Diego for different reasons. One to decompress after a tour in Afghanistan, one to settle the estate and affairs of her deceased mother.

Kyle and Christy don't get to meet in SEAL Encounter. I
A.R. Von
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this as a free read on Amazon some time ago and just got to read it. It’s a good opening to the series. A shorty read that gives us a nice tease of what’s to come. A definite must read for anyone planning to read the Seal Brotherhood series.

In Seal Encounter we are introduced to its characters, some secrets, an instant attraction, some large sexual appetites, and loads of hotness (WOW!) Well, those are some of the things that sit in the forefront of my mind when thinking of my reading expe
Denise Van plew
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book from this genre. Kyle and Christy meet in a really short prequel and I do mean short Accidental Seal. They meet in a house she is going to get ready to show to sell but he's in it. That is where it takes off from there and soon passion flies forth from the apology he must deliver. He is the kind of love em and leave em sort so he thinks. She hopes to change his mind. Danger and intrigue is also included in this story involving his team mate and buddy and with the help of other t ...more
Jane
SEAL Encounters is a short incomplete story that is suppose to entice readers to want to read the rest of the story. It left me disappointed and with no desire to continue the story and if you could give no stars, I would have. Using free stories as a tease did not do what the description promised.

I have read the next episode of this story and the rest to the story in another book purchase is very good.
Shirley
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mission accomplished.... that is if the purpose of this one was to whet your appetite for the series. Yep, this short little intro did that exceedingly well. I definitely want more! Do yourself a favor and purchase Accidental SEAL when you pick up this one. I wish I had... and you can thank me later ;)

I received SEAL Encounter as a free download from Amazon on April 20, 2013 and read it as part of my 'Why Buy the Cow' reading challenge.
Karen Roma
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Special Ops
Shelves: read-in-2013
SEAL Encounter is the prequel to the SEAL Brotherhood series by Sharon Hamilton.
This short story is a delicious introduction to Kyle Lansdowne and Christy Nelson who will continue their story in Book 1 Accidental SEAL.
But be prepared, because once you reads this little teaser, you’ll be clamouring to get your hands on Accidental SEAL.
My advice......make sure you already have Accidental SEAL at the ready, because you will curse yourself if you don’t!
Cheryl Sanders
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is just a short prequel to the first full length novel in this series, "Accidental SEAL". It's just a quick glimpse of history of the two main characters before their story actually begins. These short prequels should probably be free but the $.99 did not stop me from purchasing the next book. Love them SEALS!!!
Cassie Kabrick
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm not a fan of teasers. And that's what this was. The two main characters never even talk. This would have been better as a intro instead of a free book that got me no where. i hate feeling like I'm being tricked into buying the real book.

That being said, it was well written and i am curious about how they will actually meet. i like the concept behind the story.
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #0.5)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Partners (Vegas, #1)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • LEATHER AND LUST
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Breaking Through (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #2)
  • Danger Close (Echo Platoon, #1)
  • Code Name: Ghost (A Warrior's Challenge, #1)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • The Navy's Ghost (Bad Boys of Beta Squad, #1)
  • The Navy SEAL's Promise
Romance novelist of the following series:

Navy SEAL Books (includes the SEAL Brotherhood, Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, True Blue SEALs, Band of Bachelors, and Nashville SEALs series)

Golden Vampires of Tuscany (Honeymoon Bite, Mortal Bite)

The Guardians (Guardian Angel Erotic Romance) Heavenly Lover, Underworld Lover

Lives in wine country, Northern California. When not writing, she is getting vera vera di

SEAL Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Accidental SEAL (SEAL Brotherhood #1)
  • Fallen SEAL Legacy (SEAL Brotherhood, #2)
  • SEAL Under Covers (SEAL Brotherhood #3)
  • SEAL The Deal (SEAL Brotherhood, #4)
  • Cruisin' For A SEAL (SEAL Brotherhood, #5)
  • SEAL My Destiny (Seal Brotherhood, #6)
  • SEAL of My Heart (SEAL Brotherhood, #7)
  • SEAL's Promise (SEAL Brotherhood, #8; Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, #1)
  • SEAL My Home (SEAL Brotherhood #9; Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3 #2)
  • SEAL's Code (Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)