Start by marking “Two to Mango (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Two to Mango (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #2)

Two to Mango

(A Tiki Goddess Mystery #2)

Forget the grass skirts. Some of the Island's top hula dancers are pushing up daisies.

Everyone at Em Johnson's famous North Shore Kauai hang-out, The Tiki Goddess Bar, knows that the bar's irrepressible Hula Maidens take their hula dancing seriously. So when famed hula instructors from a rival dance troop start dropping like over-ripe passion fruit, Em and the Hula Maidens
Published June 20th 2012 by Bell Bridge Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Two to Mango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two to Mango

SOS Aloha
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
"I like mangoes." - Kramer, in "The Mango" from Seinfeld

TWO TO MANGO is Jill Marie Landis’ second book from her Tiki Goddess series. The series is set on Kauai – the Garden Isle. The mayhem begins and ends at the Tiki Goddess – a fictional watering hole on the North Shore. The owner, Uncle Louis, is a long time transplant who has won the hearts of the kama’aina (locals) with his delicious drinks inspired by special occasions. His niece, Em Johnson, keeps Uncle Louis out of trouble and the bar in
Ashley Hite
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Hula Maidens return for their second adventure in the popular series. This time they are traveling to a Hula competition but someone is poisoning the competition and they are dropping like flies. Can they help hunk police detective and part time hula dancer, Roland, discover the killer before it claims one of their own? This is a very fun lighthearted series about a group of aging hula dancers and the chaos they get into. Fun easy read to kick back and enjoy one of Uncle Louie's crazy cockta ...more
Denise
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I love this series. It's a good beach read and since we just came back from Hawaii, it is wonderful to relive the islands through the book. The characters are a lively bunch especially the hula maidens. The book is light and is an easy read. The mystery part of it is decent. I am looking forward to reading the entire series.
Lynda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

Great mystery. Endearing and well rounded characters. The beauty if Kauai and a bar above the beach. And an awfully lot of fun! Such an enjoyable, and quite a few laughs, mystery.
Betsy
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: culinary
Still cute and fluffy. Has some awareness of cultural appropriation.
Taunya
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cozy murder mystery set on the island of Kuhai... fun.
Amanda
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy, series, humorous
This series is unique and engaging enough to keep me coming back for more, and thankfully those unique elements stayed strong in the second entry.

Em is a good cozy mystery heroine. She’s smart and willing to help but isn’t running amok destroying the police department’s days. She only helps when asked and even then, she’s a bit reluctant to disrupt her life. On the other hand, when she does help, she’s good at it. She lends insight that it makes sense only she would have, such as being able to i
Una
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and entertaining. Looking forward to reading book 3.
Tom
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Someone is killing Kauai's premier kumu, and the island's various hula halau are wondering if their kumu could be next.

Don't panic. Once you read Jill Marie Landis's "Two to Mango," you'll understand. A halau is a hula school, essentially a troupe or a team, if you will. The kumu is their leader, sort of part-coach, part-CEO.

If you read the first Tiki Goddess Mystery, "Mai Tai One On," you will already know just how sacred hula is to many Hawaiians: "Hula is life." The Tiki Goddess bar has thei
Rhonda
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
Two to Mango is a funny story, cozy mystery. Most of the characters are over the top. If you like your murder mystery on the funny side then read this series. I have read all three of them now and could not put the books down. Had to know what crazy things the Hula Maidens were up to now.

The Hula Maidens are a group of senior citizens who dance hulu. Not very well youngest 62 to 90. They have big personalities, they dance for free at the Tiki Goddess bar.
Em is now managing the Tiki Goddes
Pris
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cozy/beach mystery read that you can finish in less than a day if you wanted to. It's a very light read, what I call fluff, but engaging & put-downable so if you're busy or working on something, you won't feel too bad when you have to put it down & read it another day. I read it for the simple fact Jill Marie Landis' books are relaxing bedtime fare for me. This book doesn't require too many brain cells to keep track of the plot, the characters, the mystery, or the criminal himself, but ...more
Linda McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
TWO TO MANGO takes us into the world of competitive hula dancing, with hilarious and disastrous results. Em Johnson, who manages her Uncle Louis bar, the Tiki Goddess, gets drawn back into detecting after two members of the same Kauai dance troop end up dead. Both deaths appear to be from natural causes, but local detective Roland Sharpe thinks otherwise. He asks Em to take the bar's resident dance troop, the Hula Maidens undercover by entering the the Kukui Nut Festival's hula competition. Prob ...more
Becky
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, kindle-books
As always Jill Marie Landis delivers another entertaining book.
Two to Mango is the latest one.
I love the Hula Maidens and their escapades!
You never know what they will be doing next. Kiki's mind works faster than a speeding bullet.
No matter what the event, Kiki finds a way to get the Hula Maidens involved including a memorial service.
I recommend you grab a tropical beverage (my choice would be a MaiTai) sit back in your favorite lounge chair
and enjoy the latest murder investigation that Em, Ki
 Gigi Ann
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Two to Mango" is Jill Marie Landis’ second book from her Tiki Goddess series. The series is set on Kauai, Hawaii. Since I was in a funky mood, I decided to read the second book of this cozy mystery series, since I had just finished the first book, and this is a continuation of the series.

As was the first book this is a book filled with quirky characters, especially the Hula Maidens and Uncle Louie and his pet macaw, David Letterman. It was a fast moving story, not a lot of thinking to figure o
Tammy
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unless Jill Marie Landis really biffs a story, her books will always get a five star rating from me. There is just something magical about a book written by your kindergarten teachers as an adult. :)

That being said, this was an enjoyable, relaxing installment in the mystery series set in Kauai. Need an escape to a Tiki bar with memorable characters, then pull up an easy chair and relax. I love the characters and the setting. I always crave mai tai's while reading this series ... expected? LOL
Nancy Rogan
Mar 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was a real disappointment. It is the second in a series, but the first that I have read. The premise is so good: an older group of hula dancers with some quirky members get involved in murder investigations with the manager of a tiki bar in Hawaii. It turned out to be bad slapstick with the "dancers" drinking constantly and not able to actually remember and perform a dance. All of the characters were shallow and there was no personality to the book. No more of this series for me.
Gail
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a fun and funny story set in Kaui at the Tiki Goddess Bar owned by Uncle Louie and his niece Em. The Hula Maidens and the Hawaiian Flaming Knife throwing Detective Roland Sharpe are all terrific characters. There's another mystery to solve. I laughed out loud in this book # 2 in this series. I plan on reading Book #3 next.
Tahleen
Enjoyable second installment of this series, though not as much immediate danger as the first. Still, funny situations and lovable characters abound. I'm not sure why there are so many typos, though; it was pretty ridiculous since it doesn't seem to be self-published and should have had an editor. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to book 3.
Pat
Jun 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in this series, which is definitely a Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum knock off...and a bad one at that. I looked to see that I gave the first book, which was 2 stars. This one only 1 star; more dumb than funny. I don't think I will bother with the 3rd book that comes out next year.
Val Sanford
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Snorted and guffawed my way through the Hula Maidens and the Rhino convention as one hula master is struck dead after another. Fistacuffs, rum guzzling and very bad hula run rampant in this light and breezy Hawaiian mystery. Good enough to put some tropics in a rainy day -- or a very long plane ride.
Tanya Eby
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-m-the-narrator
I narrated this title. I just love this series. This is book two and there are the same characters, but now with more backstory and history. And in this piece, the Hula Madiens enter a hula competition where, of course, MURDER happens. This is a cozy story set in Hawaii. Perfect for cold weather. The book even inspired me to host an February Luau at home...without the poison of course.
Martha
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a fun change of pace after the last book. Not a book to be taken seriously nor one that takes itself seriously. Just a fun book with a mystery that you don't know the "who dun it" answer until nearly the end. Yes, there's love interest and some very funny elder hula dancers. A drunk bird tops it all off. As I said, just fun.
Jody Daniels
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, this is second in the her tiki goddess series. You'll love Em, Uncle Louie and he crazy. But love able hula maidens., I highly recommend this series, for a good mystery and a lot of laughs at the maidens !
Alison Henderson
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I adore this wacky mystery series featuring an over-the-hill hula troupe and set in a tiki bar on Kauai's north shore. I've spend many happy days in Princeville and Hanalei, and this series really brings them back.
Suzanne
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This series is hysterical! Love, love, love the Hula Maidens and David Letterman, the drink-testing macaw! I want to read the third book now! I have to find out what will happen with Uncle Louie, and Em and Roland.
Pam Bales
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy
Good addition to the series Tiki Goddess Mystery set in Kauai, Hawaii, there's murder involved along with a hilarious cast of characters including "senior" hula dancers, a mixed drink loving parrot and assorted others. Fan of cozy mysteries? Give it a try.
Angie
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great series. It is easy reading at its best. The books are engaging until the last page. Currently reading the 3rd in the series. Will be sad when I finish the series. It transports me to Hawaii every time I open the book!
Katy
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Havoc follows the Hula Maidens and Em as the Maidens try to regain their standing and Em tries to help Roland find out who is murdering the kumus of the local hops groups. I want to be a Hula Maiden...or st least have s drink st Louie's Tiki Goddess.
Roblyn
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Set on the North Shore of Kauai - fun especially if you know the island and locations - sort of like Sue Grafton's if you know SB. Not particularly clever or mysterious, but a really quick and somewhat fun read.
Kelley Billings
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fun, FUN read! Book two of the Tiki Goddess Mysteries. Takes place in Kauai and is even more of a fun read if you know the island. Well done Jill!
  • Dead Light District (A Sasha Jackson Mystery)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • A Darker God (Laetitia Talbot, #3)
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • Aloha Rose (Quilts of Love, #12)
  • Quilt as Desired (Harriet Truman / Loose Threads Mystery #1)
  • Waist Deep (Stefan Kopriva Mystery #1)
  • Monkey Wrench
  • Deadly Row to Hoe (Home Crafting Mystery #6)
  • A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #6)
  • Blue Aspen
  • The Fall of Billy Hitchings (A John Reeves Novel)
  • Chili con Carnage (A Chili Cook-Off Mystery, #1)
  • A Murder Hatched (Meg Langslow, #1-2)
  • Eyes of the Predator: The Pickham County Murders (The Hunters #1)
  • Eddie Would Go: The Story of Eddie Aikau, Hawaiian Hero and Pioneer of Big Wave Surfing
  • Hungry Ghost (Tales of the Pack, #2)
  • Lick Your Neighbor
JILL MARIE LANDIS is the bestselling author of nearly thirty novels which have appeared on the NYT bestseller list, USA Today and other national bestseller lists. She has won numerous awards for her heartfelt characters and sweeping emotional historical romances that include SUMMER MOON and MAGNOLIA CREEK and the Irish Angels Series; HEART OF STONE, HEART OF LIES, and HEART OF GLASS. All of her Hi ...more

A Tiki Goddess Mystery (5 books)
  • Mai Tai One On (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #1)
  • Three to Get Lei'd (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #3)
  • Too Hot Four Hula (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #4)
  • Hawaii Five Uh-Oh! (A Tiki Goddess Mystery #5)