Start by marking “Night of the Cougar” as Want to Read:
Night of the Cougar

Night of the Cougar

Reporter Jamie Morrison got the scoop of a lifetime when she snagged a meeting with bestselling author Galen Hawke, but their rendezvous didn't end with an interview. Their immediate attraction led to a wicked night together and a plan to meet again—until an accident left Galen changed forever….

Now, one year later, Jamie is sent to interview Galen once more. When a snowsto
Published June 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Cougar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Cougar

Michelle
A thoroughably enjoyable paranormal romance novella. Rather than the usual short action packed novella this was slower paced and passion filled, a nice change of pace from what I've been reading lately and I needed it.

I had planned to read a chapter or two before going to sleep but I kept going until I was finished despite how tired I was, a mark of a good story! :)

Beautiful cover too but then I LOVE big cat shifters...
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

I really like Ms. Caridad’s short stories. For the length of this short book, she provided just the right amount of romance and hot scenes.

Jamie Morrison, a local news reporter, is assigned to interview a popular, handsome, ex-cop now successful author, Galen Hawke. Instant attraction was obvious between Jamie and Galen. And adults that they are, they had acted on that attraction. A simple interview ended up a one-night stand. Unfortunately, that
Larena
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jamie Morrison is a reporter that managed to get the story of a lifetime when she managed to get an interview with bestselling author Galen Hawke. What she never expected was the intense attraction between them. After one night together they made plans to get together again. That all changed when Galen was in an accident.

Galen Hawke was changed after his accident to the extent he never made his meeting with Jamie. Now she is back. Locked together in his mountain lodge because of a snowstorm the
Visionary Druid
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I am no stranger to Caridad's work, and I won this book in audible (they did NOT have that option on here); however this is my first shifter romance by her.

This is my first foray in audible, and I must admit that it was an odd, strange experience; especially on hearing the sex scenes out loud. It took me a bit to stop giggling like a teen with certain words, amazed how neutral the narrative sounded.

The narrator tried to differentiate between Galen and Jamie. She managed to lower her voice, to
Franjessca
Full Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I loved the character Jaime and how persistent she was with Galen. She never gave up on him, even when he told her his secret. She also put him in his place. (gotta love a female character like her) I recommend this book to anyone who loves the paranormal romance genre loves the erotic romance genre and loves were-cougars. (Oh yes, …were-cougars!!) This book will take you on a steamy ride up a mountain with a were-cougar what more could you ask for? (Now I
Lisa Annesley
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reporter Jamie and author Galen spend a scorching night together. But Galen is a tormented soul who ends up being attacked by a cougar shifter. A year later Jamie arrives at his mountain retreat to get an interview with him, and becomes snowed in with the animal inside Galen that he can't control. All they want is to be together, but how can they possibly have a happily-ever-after?

I liked Jamie and Galen, Galen was hot, and so was the story. Recommended for a quick, scorching read. You can't go
Rosemary K
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the characters of Jamie, the hard hitting reporter, and Galen, the successful novelist. 'Night of the Cougar' tells their story. They are destined to be together but Galen is determined to protect Jamie from the fact that he has become a shifter. When an intense blizzard isolates them, they are forced to confront these truths. Even though Galen is now a were-cougar, they find a way to have a life together. My only complaint, the story ended too soon. I wanted more.
Darcy
I thought this one was ok. I wish that there would have been more to the story because it seemed like there was a lot missing, especially considering there is a year from the start of the story to the end of it.
Ana
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Artemisa
This is a short story and it feels like it.
The characters have little to no depth, they are there to have sex and face the fact that one of them is a cougar.
And the sex is not that hot...
Ellen
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Quick, hot read.
Joyce
This was a good one for the short stories. Not for the faint hearted as it is a HOT read. But well done
Annis
Jul 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing, the heroine and the sex didn't work for me at all. Skimmed most of it.
Kelley
A little more story to this one than the previous Nocturne Craving book I read by this author but it is still more sex than story, which I don't particularly care for.
colleen
Xiri
Jan 03, 2019
Rabia Gawish
Dec 23, 2016
To stay in touch with the latest releases, contests and happenings with Caridad, sign up for her newsletter at http://bit.ly/2cbxlYw.

NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of over 50 novels/novellas and has sold over 1 million books worldwide. Caridad loves romance novels