Start by marking “Ultimo respiro” as Want to Read:
Ultimo respiro

Ultimo respiro

Un delitto promesso, pregustato, che ha origini lontane, la vendetta di qualcuno che ha molto sofferto. Questo nuovo thriller di Carlene Thompson è un intreccio dolceamaro di storie, caratteri, colpi di scena su un canovaccio teso e convincente fino alla rivelazione finale.
Published 2007 by Marcos y Marcos (first published August 29th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimo respiro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimo respiro

Start your review of Ultimo respiro
Karen
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Can they put some kind of label that says "romance disguised as a thriller"?
Marianne Jay
Kind of creepy - kept me guessing for a while. Not a bad book - it did lag in some places - but overall a pretty good read
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Brooke Yeager's childhood ended the night she crept downstairs to find her beautiful, gentle mother, Anne, lying in a pool of blood. Standing above Anne's shattered body, a gun aimed right at the terrified little girl, was Brooke's stepfather, Zachary Tavell. Luck saved Brooke that night, and in the years since, she's managed to build a good life in Charleston, West Virginia, secure in the knowledge that Zach is behind bars. Until the night another woman is murdered--a woman who looks
Bob
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a hardback large print edition, great to read while waiting for my eyes to dialate at the Eye Docs, and to read afterwards while they returned to normal. Anyway, about the book: A brief overall plotline - 11 year old girls sees her mother lying shot with her stepfather standing with a gun in his hand. Stepfather convicted and sent prison. Years later, Girl is a realestate agent and is showing a house with a co-worker. Client a no show and as they leave shots ringout. Co-worker ...more
Manda
Nov 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. Parts of it seemed to drag out and not add anything to the book. How many people can get killed around 1 woman and she NOT be a suspect? No, really? Then parts of it seemed rushed. As if Carlene was tired of writing. Overall it was a good book.

summary: while a young kid, the main character finds her step dad standing over her dead mom, holding a gun at her. Years later step dad is in prison and she's living her life. Until suddenly bad things start to
Taksya
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Ho letto solo un altro libro della Thompson (In caso di mia morte), e devo dire che mi era piaciuto abbastanza. In questa nuova produzione ho ritrovato tutti i cliché usati nel precedente, personaggi, probabili cattivi, cattivi veri, coppie predestinate e finale. La storia, per fortuna, si lascia leggere bene e scorre via rapida... ma già prevedendo cosa accadrà e scommettendo su chi e perché sta commettendo la solita scia di omicidi. Devo a Carlene Thompson un'altra possibilità, spero che mi ...more
Doreen
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
an improvement on the romance side of things - the love interest is not a (view spoiler)... that being said, this book has more romance in it, which i find it refreshing after the other books. it does make the story not as "dry" as the others.
well, well, finally, i managed to correctly guess who the killer was for this round! i guess i am now a better detective after reading a few of her books this weekend.
MAPS - Booktube
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super livre! Super thriller! La fin m'a eue! Juste wow!
Le crime des roses c'était fichument bon! Tu commences à lire, c'est l'histoire d'une petite fille qui a perdu sa mère lorsqu'elle avait 11 ans. Sa mère et son beau-père se chicanait, elle a entendu des coups de feu et puis lorsqu'elle est arrivée en bas, son beau-père se tenait à côté du corps ensanglanté de sa mère sur des fleurs blanches. Le punch final...OMG j'ai capoté!!! À lire vraiiiiiment!
Georgiann Hennelly
last whisper is an excellant book it really kept me in suspense Brooke Yeager,s mom was murdered in cold blood when she was eleven years old she saw who she thought was the killer and now he has escaped from prison. and Brooke starts getting notes and white roses sent to her. she is scared for her life then her grandmother has a stroke.. well i won,t ruin the story by telling you the ending its a real pg turner
Peacegal
I read it for my book discussion group. Pretty much your average ultra-mainstream murder mystery. The hackneyed dialogue has made laugh out loud a few times. Ah well. There are worse things to slog through I guess.
Amy Phelps
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. I must say the closer I got to the ending the easier it was to figure out who the killer was. This book didn't lead me on in the wrong direction as well as some of her books have. It was still a good book.
Tasha
Mar 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: he-loves-me-not
New author for me in the romantic suspense genre... like her. Kind of saw the end coming on this one but at least there were enough twists, turns and well developed characters to keep it moving and interesed.
Syao Chan
May 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Brooke Yeager was very Mary Sue-ish in the plot, and so following her story became less engaging for me as the pages progressed. I was simply liking the protagonist less and less. The red herring was also VERY obvious, that around three-fourths of the series, I have already guessed the culprit. >:(
Ffiamma
May 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: americana, donne, ebook
lettura prevedibile, in cui l'assassino si capisce a metà libro. va bene per una giornata in spiaggia, quando le capacità di concentrazione sono vicine allo zero.
Elisabeth
Breathtaking till the end.
Suzanne
I like my mysteries a little faster paced that this one. It is slow going in the middle and the pace picks up in the end. This is why this book gets 3 stars.

Deb
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical romance. Focused more on what the character was wearing than what they were feeling. Still ok for a quick read.
Dixie
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good thriller.
Lori
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read when it first came out , loved it
Frances
May 04, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
This was ok, try some other books by this author
Carina
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a really good book. She is an awesome author that writes really good books that you can't put it down.
Nancy
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nancy by: Chrissi McCormick
Predictable. Figured out the end before half way point.
Marianne Seiler
Kelly Groves
May 14, 2010
Pae
May 06, 2013

• Forget Me Not (SEAL Team 12, #1)
  • In the Dark
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • 1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove, #11)
  • Solitude Creek (Kathryn Dance, #4)
  • What the Dead Know
  • Crash & Burn (Tessa Leoni, #3)
  • Shattered (Max Revere, #4)
  • Shattered
  • Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)
  • The Widow (Ireland Series, #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs, #2)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • The Last Kiss Goodbye (Dr. Charlotte Stone, #2)
  • One Last Look (Look trilogy, #3)
  • Afterglow
  • Black & Blue (Detective Harriet Blue, #0.5)
  • The Trial (Women's Murder Club, #15.5)
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.