Start by marking “White” as Want to Read:
White

White

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
White is a frame by frame narrative tracing the oeuvre of an unnamed artist (by way of written blurbs beneath missing paintings), which takes Wittgenstein's picture theory to its logical erasure.
Paperback, 1st, 158 pages
Published October 26th 2010 by Purgatorio Press (first published August 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White

wade
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought that book was very creative but just not everybody's cup of tea. The book is like strolling through an art gallery in which no paintings are hanging and the reader is asked to imagine the various pieces of art. Within that context you are given the materials used in the piece and a description of the content that the art portrays. The art does follow a story of sorts - but a tad of an existential one. I think anyone involved in art would love the book but someone without a solid knowle ...more
Ellen
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Experimental is interesting.

Reminds me of .

Should in case of to cut needless words.
Author The World
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
This book was okay. I'll say up front I don't think I'm the right audience for it. I like the concept - leaving the artwork up to the imagination based purely on the description-- but I think it falls short. I think my problem is, I think the beauty of art is being able to look at a piece of art -- paintings, drawing, fiction, etc - and being able to examine it and come up with your own description of what it is or what it represents. I enjoy that aspect of art the most. This book flips things a ...more
Jenn
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
This was a First Reads win.

I thought this book was both interesting and odd at the same time. Not being an artist myself may have made it more difficult to grasp. I can appreciate the intention and it was well-played. I also liked that it does follow a storyline of sorts, it made it a little more of a story. I'll pass this on to my artist husband, who may appreciate it more than I did.
Anita
Kelly Spoer
Feb 17, 2013
Rand
Apr 26, 2015
Born in Chicago, has lived in Seattle, St. Louis, Santa Fe, and now lives in SF Bay area with his wife, Anita Felicelli (author of Sparks Off You & the forthcoming Love Songs for a Lost Continent) and their three children.
More about Steven Felicelli