Start by marking “Txt” as Want to Read:
Txt

Txt

A short story that takes place over the course of just two hours on a single night but sometimes two hours can seem like a lifetime.

Sophie Walsh thinks that her mother is overprotective and worries too much. Carol Walsh sees the world as a dangerous place for her young daughter to grow up. One evening, Carol returns home from a night out to find that her teenage daughter
Published June 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Txt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Txt

Start your review of Txt
Ey
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-loved

"It's every parent's worst nightmare but what if that nightmare came true and what if the reality was worse than you could dream?"

I almost didn't give this book any stars because the author made me want to kick myself for being made so scared. If you have a teen and even if you don't, this is the best book to read if you want to annihilate what's left of your peace of mind. As if it isn't bad enough to only communicate with your child through a dance of thumb tips on keys and choppy spelling,
Kay Glass
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I was hooked from the first text. Even though I'm fully grown, I still communicate through text with my mother. I know the fear of a mother that doesn't answer- it's not too different from the fear a parent feels when they don't hear from their child when they expect to. I have children, and I know the horror of not knowing where your child is. That was, after all, the gist of the story. The surprise twist- which I won't spoil, fear not- had my heart pounding. Then came the ending- as abrupt as ...more
Kathy
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Txt by M.T. Mathieson is a short story 17 pages spanning a few hours. Carol Walsh is returning home from an evening out, as she is getting off the bus her feeling of unease begins and she begins text messaging her daughter Sophie who is at a friends house. Over the course of those few hours the tensions build to an almost unbearable level.

As a person who has been known to let my imagination run wild occasionaly I tottally got this woman, when your nervous you start jumping at every little sound
Lanie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: short story fans
There some potential here, but it's to short to be actually scary. It was all just a mom and kid texting back and forth for most the story and only got even a tiny bit creepy until the VERY end. :/ probably would've been better if longer. But a super fast read, so maybe a good pick for fans of psychological thrillers and short stories.
Dawn Whidden
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I usually do not read short stories, but the cover and synopsis sounded intriguing
and I needed something short and quick for a change. I found it to be a great break from the usual long and complicated novels I normal find myself reading.
If anyone needs to take a break and read something enjoyable that is quick and good... this is the story for you.
Cindy
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
The author did a wonderful job in sucking me in with the first text in this story. It was short, 18 pages, I believe. But WOW, that was plenty to make this a scary read.

And the ending... let me say I got goosebumps in the middle of the day. So glad I wasn't reading late at night! :)
Annie Falconer-Gronow
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Simple but creepy
Glenda
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
txt-ing is not staying in touch...not really. Good short story.
Bethany
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wish I could have a copy of Txt Xtnded to give this a true review. The story stopped just when it hit a turning point. This is too short to be scary, but it has huge potential to be a creepy story.
Oct 29, 2012
Katie
Aug 05, 2012
Fa
Oct 12, 2012
『包办爱丁堡大学TUE学位证』QQ微信2248162005(TUE成绩单改分数TUE学位学历证书认证&英国TUE录取通知书^TUE教育部认证落户加薪The University of Edinburgh 2 1 Sep 25, 2019 01:43AM
『包办温切斯特大学UOW学位证』QQ微信2248162005(UOW成绩单改分数UOW学位学历证书认证&英国UOW录取通知书^UOW教育部认证落户加薪University of Winchester 2 1 Sep 25, 2019 01:42AM
『包办诺丁汉大学UNUK学位证』QQ微信2248162005(UNUK成绩单改分数UNUK学位学历证书认证&英国UNUK录取通知书^UNUK教育部认证落户加薪University of Nottingham 2 1 Sep 25, 2019 01:42AM
『包办萨里大学Surrey学位证』QQ微信2248162005(Surrey成绩单改分数Surrey学位学历证书认证&英国Surrey录取通知书^Surrey教育部认证落户加薪University of Surrey 2 1 Sep 25, 2019 01:42AM
『包办普利茅斯大学Plymouth学位证』QQ微信2248162005(Plymouth成绩单改分数Plymouth学位学历证书认证&英国Plymouth录取通知书^Plymouth教育部认证落户加薪Plymouth University 2 1 Sep 25, 2019 01:42AM
*CTU文凭伪造假(申请留学)联系Q微2248162005定制CTU学历毕业证CTU假学历假文凭假学位假Offer(留信网认证学历存档)考文垂大学学位证毕业证成绩单:留信网大使馆学历学位认证诚招海外代理Coventry University 2 1 Sep 16, 2019 05:01AM
*BCU文凭伪造假(申请留学)联系Q微2248162005定制BCU学历毕业证BCU假学历假文凭假学位假Offer(留信网认证学历存档)伯明翰城市大学学位证毕业证成绩单:留信网大使馆学历学位认证诚招海外代理Birmingham City University 2 1 Sep 16, 2019 05:01AM
A mother of three living in the East of England.

I read, write, take photos and dabble in whatever happens to have taken my fancy at any given time.