Start by marking “Crave the Darkness (Shaede Assassin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crave the Darkness (Shaede Assassin, #3)

Crave the Darkness

(Shaede Assassin #3)

It doesn’t help that the two Shaedes
Mass Market Paperback, 307 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Signet Eclipse

To ask other readers questions about Crave the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crave the Darkness

Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Crave the Darkness is the third book in the amazing Shaede Assassin series by Amanda Bonilla.

It’s going to be impossible to write this review without spoilers from previous books, so if you are new to this series and don’t like spoilers stop right here and skip to the last paragraph where I explain about the giveaway. Proceed at your own risk if you don’t care much about spoilers.

Darian knew there was going to be hell to pay after her harsh decisions in Blood Before Sunrise, but what she never t
Julie
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Crave the Darkness is the third book in Amanda Bonilla’s Shaede Assassin series and if you haven’t checked this series out yet, I have to ask what you’re waiting for? Incredibly inventive with just the right amount of darkness and fantastic characters is what waits for you when you crack open one of these books. Have I peaked your interest yet? Good. Now let me tell you about this latest installment.

*Just a heads up, I can’t really see a way to chat abo
Melliane
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I must say that I was really impatient to read this novel, especially with the end of the last one which completely broke my heart. As soon as I had the chance to have Crave the Darkness, I left all my reads and threw myself in this one to finish it in a few hours. It was humanly impossible to put it down before the end, and I was completely swept away by the story. We always want more and more! This book is just wonderful, and each new novel is also better t
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

First off, if you are not reading this series, then stop reading this review and grab the first book of the series, SHAEDES OF GRAY. The Shaede Assassin series is a wonderful, unique and hard-hitting Urban Fantasy series that I think fans of Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series or Kim Harrison’s The Hollows series would enjoy. There is plenty of action to keep readers riveted and with a heroine such as Darian who displays both vulnerability and strength, I think it’s safe to say that ther
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Every time I read a book by Amanda Bonilla I can’t help but marvel at how much her characters evolve from one installment to the next. Darian finds herself thrust into a new role that’s at odds with her assassin nature: that of a protector. Obviously there were more than a few growing pains but that’s part of the appeal of this series; the main character’s ability to meet any challenge head on. Well that and the hunk-erific man candy! Crave the Darkness is exhilaratingly
Jen Davis
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shadow. That's how I started out; all I was again. A casting of mottled dark. The real me, the me that knew happiness and light left with him.

This was a tough book to read. I mean, what can you expect with an opening like that? The ending of Blood Before Sunrise was a real kick in the gut. And as we begin a new installment in the Shaede Assassin series, Darian is still feeling the burn. Her beloved Tyler has left her and she has sunk into a debilitating depression. But her friends refuse to let
Jax
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Okay, So I'm pretty much in the same frame of mind here as I was for the Short "Lost to the Gray".

The story was well written and interesting. But some of the characters choices bugged me.
Darian's character is definitely growing (this is a good thing), but she still makes some pretty stupid decisions. But overall if you've followed the series, you can understand some of the choices and reactions.
However, my biggest issue here was the whole Heartbroken thing. And for a number of reasons.

1. I am of
Steph
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Crave the Darkness picks up where Blood Before Sunrise left off. Darian is depressed ~ as she should be. Her actions cost her.
I realized that the blame for our separation rested solely on me. I ran - and spent four months away - from the one person in this world I should have sprinted toward. I shunned his protection, disregarded his strength, and stomped all over the love he offered ... all in the name of arrogance.
While she works to salvage her relationship and bond with Tyler, she realize
Pam
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series that picks up right where the last one ended with Tyler still gone and Darian facing punishment for kidnapping and breaking and entering. While Darian was helping her best friend find his daughter she may have broken some rules and is now facing charges from the PNT, however the PNT does not see things the same way she does and she is about to find out her punishment when Xander walks in, talks to several members of the PNT and in seconds, she is free to go.

Dari
Iris (Artemis Library)
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bonilla's has again written an exiting Urban Fantasy adventure for Darian. Nothing comes easy for Darian. Her heightened powers make her indispensable to the Shaede Nation, but dangerous missions have driven her lover, Tyler, to his breaking point. Darian must salvage their bond, but a new assignment to protect Anya—a fellow Shaede and the first of their kind to become pregnant in centuries—stands in their way.

Crave the Darkness is another great installment in the Shaede Assassin series. If you
Katherine McCarthy
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Loved it! Review to come closer to release date
Dorine
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Rated 4.5 - Crave the Darkness review, plus reviews for Shaedes of Gray and Blood Before Sunrise are also available at my blog, TBR Mountain Range.

In the third book of this fascinating series, the villain has surpassed all others, making this book even creepier than the first two. If you love Urban Fantasy with a twist, then grab all three books and settle in for a gripping marathon.

If you haven't read SHAEDES OF GRAY or BLOOD BEFORE SUNRISE, books one and two in the SHAEDE ASSASSIN series, then
Ellie
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Crave the Darkness, Shaede Assassin #3, by Amanda Bonilla
Grade: A

“The thought of returning to my life as it had been-detached, lonely, without compassion or companionship, without love and tenderness-made my head spin.”

Crave the Darkness should come with a Xanax and a hotline to call when you’re too emotional to keep reading. This is by far the best book I’ve read in 2013 so far and it will be hard to beat. This is the third book in the Shaede Assassin series but I recommend reading Lost to the
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
Wow! This was an emotional roller coaster ride. Darian just can't seem to catch a break.

She's dealing with a broken heart, losing her confidence, feeling out of place, and finds herself in a relationship for the wrong reasons. She is also suffering the consequences of her actions in Blood Before Sunrise. This is the reason the story begins with her on trial, accused of a large number of crimes, but caring very little because she's depressed and her thoughts are consumed by someone that she miss
Jessie Potts
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What it's about: This is the third Shaede Assassin novel by Amanda, and for Darian, it's the breaking point for her and her lover. Darian wants to mend the bond between her and Tyler, but the most important mission to date is standing in the way. The mission? Protecting Anya, a Shaede who is the first of their kind to become pregnant in centuries. Of course, we must also throw in Xander, who is her king and wants nothing more than to put Darian in his bed.

Why you should read it: This adventurous
Deanna
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, What can I say about this latest Shaede Assassin novel? It was awesome! Crave the Darkness is my favorite in the series. I loved all of the angst in this book. I literally felt depressed like Darian, I felt her anger and I felt her determination. Feeling the same emotions of a character in a book is a true testament of a great writer.While I am definitely Team Tyler, I did fall prey to Xander in this book. His feelings seemed genuine and I felt bad for him at the end of the book. I am sure ...more
Amazon80
What happens to Darian at the end of this book is horrible. However, I’m pissed that even after more than one person tries to tell her not to do things alone or without back up she does it anyway. Had she listened the predicament she found herself in may have not been so awful. When will she stop making the same stupid mistakes? The tension between Darian and Tyler is great. The story was great but Darian is infuriating. How many times will she hurt herself and those around her with her selfish ...more
Kitt
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Quicky: Another splendidly executed edition to one of my favorite must read series...

Yet, I feel I must confess to a bit a selfishness. I almost gave Crave the Darkness 3 stars based entirely on the simple fact that it took a direction that I absolutely hated instead of judging it on it's true merit. However, and I hate to say it, but it's something that bugs me to the quick and I'm not sure I'll be able to get over it. I'm going to read the next, but I'm not sure where I'll continue from the
Susan Harris
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
fantastic!!! full of angst and fast paced action that kept you hanging on from beginning to end. I adore darian because despite the fact we know she can kick ass, in her emotions she is like every other girl out there, dealing with broken hearts and over zealous suitors. i felt disappointed when the book was over just because it had ended way to soon for me :-) this is an original series that has all the elements you'll love and prob none you've read before.
Shelley
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-releases
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4.0

*Full Review Shortly*

In the meantime, if you haven't read this series yet, you definitely must. If you enjoy a really amazing series that leaves you breathless and on the edge of your chair, then you definitely should! I seriously can not wait until the fourth book in the series comes out now. Awesome job Ms Bonilla as always!

*Recvd from Author via Netgalley 12/14/2012 *Expected publication: March 5th 2013 by Signet Eclipse
Danielle
Oct 07, 2014 rated it liked it
The world and storyline make this 4 stars.

The number of times I want to slap Darian make it 2 stars.

Overall a 3. The world keeps me reading, but it's frustrating.
Aurian Booklover
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tyler has been gone from Darian’s life for over 3 months, and she is still a wreck, grieving and missing him like crazy. Her flat is a mess, she doesn’t eat, she seeks solace in a bottle of bourbon, and there is dirty laundry and food boxes everywhere. Raif thinks it is time for an intervention, and he sneakily sends his brother, Xander, the Shaede King, to get Darian back on her feet. Xander cajoles her into getting up and dressed, as he has an assignment for her.

When she gets to Xander’s resid
Stéphanie
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Amanda Bonilla! For some reason I didn’t enjoy book 2 as much as I enjoyed book 1 but Bonilla redeemed herself by writing CRAVE THE DARKNESS. In this book, we see a completely new side of Darian. Usually she’s hired as an assassin but this time around her king orders her to protect Anya, who happens to be a pregnant shaede that Darian can barely stand. I like seeing this new version of Darian because we get to learn so much more about her as a character through this role re ...more
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Crave the Darkness is the third installment of Amanda Bonilla's incredible Shaede Assassin series. I fall more and more in love with this series and with Bonilla as an author with each new book and novella I read. Take a driven, kick-ass heroine, add in a healthy dose of hot alpha males, stir in some extremely wicked villians, a dash of humor, and a huge helping of action and you've got the perfect recipe for this incredible Urban Fantasy series.

The overall story arc builds on the action from pr
Margaret
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nothing comes easy for Darian. Her heightened powers make her indispensable to the Shaede Nation, but dangerous missions have driven her lover, Tyler, to his breaking point. Darian must salvage their bond, but a new assignment to protect Anya—a fellow Shaede and the first of their kind to become pregnant in centuries—stands in the way.

It doesn’t help that the two Shaedes are longtime rivals and share nothing besides mutual hatred. But when it becomes clear that someone—or *something*—is bent on
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This is quickly becoming one of my fav series. And I'm dying because book 6 isn't complete or out yet, so now the question becomes do I read books 4 & 5? Or do I wait until 6 comes out to read them and if 6 isn't the last one do I wait longer? I can't get this series out of my head and I'm dying to continue.

Seriously:

Really how will I survive? We left Darian in a state of shock in the last book (if we skip the novella) I can't even be sure if i like this book, not because it was good but be
Keira
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hi BookLuvrs,

Darin is back!!! Man O Man this installment kept me on my toes. So much has went on in this book I don’t even know where to start. With that being said, let’s start off with Darin having a really hard time with the distances between her and Tyler the love of her life. I do understand why Tyler left and I get why he did not stay. If you do not fill wanted, why would that individual person stay. I do think Darin really needs to figure out what she wants. She says one thing, but we all
Christen (GoldiloxReads)
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Crave the Darkness is the third book in Amanda Bonilla's Shaede Assassin series and packs quite the physical and emotional punch. Each book in the series has gotten stronger and more enthralling and Crave the Darkness is by far my favorite in this series!

The ending of the previous book, Blood Before Sunrise, was very tumultuous with the exit of heroine Darian's sort-of boyfriend, Tyler. That ending tore me apart and I wondered where Darian and Tyler's relationship would go in this book.
Wyrdness
Whilst I generally like the cast of characters and the supernaturally filled world of the Shaede Assassin series, I found this installment to be a deeply frustrating read.

Most of my frustration is purely down to Darian's willful stubbornness to the point of stupidity and her complete inability to communicate like an adult. At all. I can't help but feel that most, if not all, her problems could be dealt with easily if she'd ever take a moment to listen before going off half-cocked.

I also found th
Ronda
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book in the series up to now!!!

I can't believe the emotional rollercoaster of a ride that I've just been on... The tears, the shock, unreal!!!

I have to thank my lucky stars that I was actually in the house reading one particular part in this book because I actually gasped out loud and it was so uncontrollable, talk about the unexpected and the aftermath was pure numbness!!!

What a book - Ms Bonilla has outsmarted herself by writing this novel, her prior books are good but OH MY G
« previous 1 3 next »

• Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon, #5)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
  • Shattered Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #6)
  • Hellhound (Deadtown, #5)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Last Blood (House of Comarré, #5)
  • A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair, #3)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Flamebound (Lone Star Witch, #2)
  • Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers, #8)
  • A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
Amanda Bonilla lives in rural Idaho with her husband and two kids. She’s a part-time pet wrangler, a full-time sun worshipper, and only goes out into the cold when coerced. When she’s not writing she’s either reading or talking about her favorite books.

Shaede Assassin (5 books)
  • Shaedes of Gray (Shaede Assassin, #1)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin, #4)
  • Shadows at Midnight (Shaede Assassin, #5)