Start by marking “Dexter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dexter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #3)

Dexter

(Mistress & Master of Restraint #3)

Master of Restraint and sadist, Dexter Hayes has always used the following adage as a form of self-preservation: never ask questions when you aren’t prepared to hear the answers.

Dexter turned a blind eye on Maître du Jeu’s activities, only doing as he was told without question. His sole focus for the past few years had been on his girlfriend, Monica James, and their house
Kindle Edition
Published July 13th 2012 by Erica Chilson (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dexter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dexter

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,018 books — 1,334 voters
My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise SinclairNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersBared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best BDSM Published in 2012
164 books — 533 voters

More lists with this book...

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
One train wreck coming up!

This is a 2.5 story for me. Here's what I liked:

BDSM Scenes were decent. The sex scenes near the end were good for me. I enjoyed them.

What bothered me

The people in here are flawed and broken. This I'm fine with. It's the self medicating through BDSM which can give the wrong impression. Since I'm in the lifestyle and know better, I find this fucked up poly with formal protocol hilarious. The formal protocol is nifty. Are there people who practice this in real life? Yes.
Dee
3 1/2 star rounded up to 4 fk'd up stars.

This series is seriously twisted, but I love it. I didn't enjoy this story as much as the first two as Monica grated on my nerves. The eating disorder thing and how it was dealt with also didn't sit well with me, so that is something that hit on a personal level.

There were many mixes of sexual scenes in this story, most steamy as hell some verging on pretty fkd up.

Then we have the mole and the media slant, what the hell is going on. The author knows how t
Kris
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Dexters story and a great one at that! all our favorite players are in there too...but goes into dexter & monica's relationship. Loved it! Chilson rocks this genre!
Cassie
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Erica Chilson did it again! I love getting sucked into this world and leaving my "normal" life behind for a while. And that is exactly what happens when you read these books. I loved learning about Dexter and seeing who he really was. You also get a peek into Kat's and the two Ezes life's and see what is happening to them now. And I'm pretty sure you wont be let down. As well as learning new stuff about other characters. I don't want to give to much away about the book, but I just have to say I ...more
Dvillalobos
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loving this HOT series! Dexter is definitely at the top of my list of favorite characters now. He doesn't seem to be clouded by a horrific, confusing past like the rest. He's refreshing after reading about the f***ed up lives of the others. Being a sadist is a need he seems to be born with and he does it REALLY well!! Now on to the next book, DALTON.....
Kent
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, kindle-books
Ok, I still have a problem with the whole master hierarchy and the total lack of respect for the lower masters by forcing them to submit, but I am hooked at this point and I still need to get the full story on Queen so I will continue at least through book 7.
Janie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book three in the series lets us get into the life and mind of our favorite whip wielding sadist, Dexter Hayes. He's sexy in nothing but leather pants but he is so much more. Dexter is loving and loyal and lives by his own moral code. When he loves someone he loves them with absolute devotion. He definitely loves Monica and his submissive Tobias and their well being is very important to him. This book also delves into the ongoing problems at Restraint and we get to see that there are problems in ...more
Billi
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC by author for honest review.
WOW… This story is just amazing! When I first started this series, I never thought that there could be so many twists and turns and just plain ole f'ed-up-ness! Boy, did Chilson prove me wrong.
As the third book in the series, we get a chance to hear about what Dexter in going through with Monica and Toby and how the Ez's, Maître du Jeu’s and the BDSM Lifestyle Authority is still continuing to make everyone's lives miserable.
In the beginning of the book, we start t
Kitten
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4 Stars*

I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Dexter and Monica. Their story didn't just surround itself in hot sex (not that there is anything wrong with that), rather it had more of a plot to keep things interesting.
It's no shock I feel a pull towards damaged characters and Monica was just that. Damaged. The Monica we knew from the first two books was different to this one, where readers' first saw a uptight somewhat prudish woman, Monica is seen to be a vulnerable, broken woman in this book. Th
Mary Mooney
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am loving this series. The characters are evolving with each page I read. Dexter is the sadist and loves dishing out pain to others and he knows how to push there limits. He has been with Monica for two years and fell in love with her the first time he saw her. He is still helping Tobias to become a better person and to feel good about himself. To me this one has more of a story line with someone trying to tell all the secrets of the Masters of Restraint. Dexter may be a sadist but he has a ki ...more
Candice
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Erica Chilson, you did it again! Holy hell.

Why did I stop after the first two for a break? Oh yeah, they were too good for me to plow through. I needed a breather to savor the moments. I am so glad I am back on the Masters of Restraint train. WOW! I won't be stepping off anytime soon. I'm in this til the end now.

Dexter, oh my sadist, Dexter. You are so hot. I don't care how small (short) you are, you are hung like a horse and know how to use it.

We learned so much about the Zeitler's, through th
Daisy Sloan
Erica Chilson has one f***d up imagination. This is one wickedly messed up group of friends and family. It's amazing!

It's been a while since I read Restraint and Unleashed, so it took me a few chapters to remember who everyone was and their role. Once I had everyone in their place, the story flowed nicely.

Dexter and Monica are perfect for each other. I think out of everyone, they have the most normal relationship. I'm curious as to who the mole is. I won't feel sorry for them at all!

I'm still l
Sarina Asheford
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Somehow I managed to miss writing a review of Dexter, which is a real shame because he is probably one of my favorite characters. Katya's attraction to him, his dominance and his love (?) are all explored in this book as well as some of the reasons why he is what he is.

As with all of Ms. Chilson's stories as soon as I finish I am eagerly awaiting the next, with her dual release of Dexter and Dalton she gave me a little more to read at one time...but now I'm eagerly awaiting the next huge instal
Kristen
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Dexter takes us back to Restraint for another view into the lives of the Masters and Mistresses who cavort there. This story delves into the mind of Dexter while he tries to save his love, Monica, from herself while dealing with the mayhem going on in Restraint.

Someone close to the Masters is leaking information to the media about their members and families. The mysterious Maitre du Jeu is interrogating everyone trying to find the mole, riots
Shauntise
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3x-romance
although my heart belongs to the Ezes (well mostly Cortez, he's quite naughty, cheeky and very sneaky) i do have a crush on Dexter. I think it has something to do with that whip he has. he's the kind of man you dont want to piss off bc he looks dangerous, but then you do want to piss him off bc he can be dangerous. the whole book was sick and twisted (def in a good way) at times i was confused about who was with who and when i thought i figured it out, the party would rearrange and become a diff ...more
Veronica
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always loved Dexter. He seems the most sane person in Dominion even if he does have tendency to stick his head in the sand in relation to truth behind the things that are going on around him. I'm not sure what it says about the residents of Dominion that I find the sadist the most normal person around. Seeing they way Dexter loves Heidi makes it easy to love him.

The riots at Restraint and issues of who is behind what is fascinating. And the ending is killer. As soon as I finished Dexter I imme
Christy
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dexter.
By Erica Chilson
This book is a big turn from the previous two books in Ms Chilson's series. Instead of a complete focus on Mistress Kat and her two husbands there is an expansion of devolving the other family characters. In this point Dexter is the driving force. And from the way the ladies and men love him, he is quick a force. Dexter is a true Master. Ladies bewared his character easy to crush on. I will admit I am bit green with envy of Monica. I look forward to seeing where her Maste
Robin Brister
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the author. Dexter followed the characters from the earlier Master of Restraint series. As it had been several months since I had read the first two books, it took me a bit to remember who everyone was and how they were related. I enjoyed seeing how all of their lives are weaved together and how they react to each other. I liked the suspense in this story that had me wondering who and why. Dexter was full of surprises in how he interacte ...more
S.M. Harshell
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found Dexter very intriguing. You get to see that Dexter can be a dark sided Master in Unleashed. Reading from his point of view in Dexter, you learn what makes him a sadist. Finding out why giving someone pain/pleasure is so comforting to him. His emotional ties to Monica and Toby. Watching the battle between love he feels for Monica as her boyfriend and knows what she needs as her Master, and his wants to be equal. Finally getting that hotter than hell scene with Katya then bring the suspens ...more
Jodi Mcknight
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I read all the previous books in the series so I looked at Dexter as someone dark and scary. I After reading I no longer looked at him that way. He is very loving and caring. Was good to see the softer side of him and get to know him better. Monica pissed me off in the beginning of the book but once I got to understand why she did was she did I understood and felt bad for her. Def don't want to miss out on this book!
Deborah
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, I was interested in learning more about Dexter from the beginning. Katya's passing interest in him as he's introduced in Restraint, and her growing relationship in Unleashed, leave you wondering what it is about Dexter that makes him so mysterious and desirable at the same time. In this book, another great addition to the Mistress & Master of Restraint series, you'll certainly find out!
Sherry Bohrmueller
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This series is very dark. The twist and turns that this book took were unbelievable.
The characters are so complicated in each their own way.

Although it took me a while to get into this story it once again captivated my attention as did the other books.

This is a definite must read series for those who like dark stories.
Kimberly Morrow howe
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! I love the complexities of the characters and that everything is not all sunshine and roses all the time. Love is messy, it hurts, and when reciprocated honestly, blissful! Thank you!
Epiphany
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erica-chilson, bdsm
In the third installment of the Mistress and Master of Restraint series, we are more focused on Dexter and Monica plus someone or a group of someones is trying to cause major problems for the club and its patrons. Now each of the books in this series is full of emotional roller coaster riding. It is a mind twist that at times leaves me shaking my head. This book did not disappoint. Like I said in my review of Restraint if you are not into BDSM this book is not for you. But, if you enjoy an eroti ...more
G
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, family
Flipping Amazing, I loved this book. I totally got into the head of Dexter in this book and my gosh, i finally knows how it feels to have a gigantic cock. The story is a continuation of the M&M series by the author and this time we get the story of Dexter.

It's now been three years that Dalton got Monica at Kat's ceremony, and just a bit longer that he's had Tobias, the young man who loves pain and has under his care. Whilst Tobias grows, Dex has had to watch Monica the woman he loves fall,
Billi
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC by author for honest review.
In the beginning of the book, we start
Kate
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the third installment of the M&M of restraint series, we are more focused on Dexter and Monica. While Dexter is a man's man he let himself go gushy for Monica and it caused a rift in their relationship where Monica was basically trying to top from the bottom. We are introduced to a new character named Devin which the crew has nicknamed the devil. Now not only has there been a book published about the inner workings of club restraint and its occupants but now there is a weekly newsletter g ...more
KissMeSlowly
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dexter,

I wasn't to sure that I would just enjoy this read to be honest, but I wanted to find out what happens next and Dexter really didn't capture my attention, but once I began reading about him and his "relationships" I began to enjoy it. Each character is flawed in his or her own way. I enjoyed Dexters interactions with his submissives. I thought that, that was really beautiful. Umm, this felt more like a filler to be honest, but it was a really good read, it adds value to the story and it
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group
Sisi
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was book 3 to the original Restraint. I have enjoyed all 3 books immensely and look forward to reading the 4th book Dalton. It's a great continuing story of all the characters involved. Dexter is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the BDSM lifestyle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • Power Play (Pleasure Playground #2)
  • The Dom with the Kink Monsters (Badass Brats, #4)
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • Sensation Play (1Night Stand, #93)
  • Danger Zone (Hawkeye, #1)
  • My Body-His (Marcello) (My Body Trilogy, #2)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • Finding Eden (Eden, #2)
  • FrankenDom
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
Erica Chilson does not write in the 3rd person, wanting her readers to be her characters. Therefore, writing a bio about herself, is uncomfortable in the extreme.

Born, raised, and here to stay, the Wicked Writer is a stump-jumper, a ridge-runner. Hailing from North Central Pennsylvania, directly on the New York State border; she loves the changes in seasons, the humid air, all the mountainous for

Mistress & Master of Restraint (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
  • Dalton (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #4)
  • Jaded (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #5)
  • Queened (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #6)
  • Checkmate (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #7)
  • King (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #8)
  • Faithless (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #9)
  • The Hunter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #10)
  • Integrated (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #11)
“In the past I was a vicious hunter. I would stalk my prey with pinpoint accuracy. Ever since Monica came into my life I’ve abstained from the game. It almost feels strange to stand here and look to the crowd knowing I could pick one and f*ck them into oblivion. I won’t though. I may love her, but that isn’t the reason. If I were to pick someone for the sake of revenge sex then I’m giving control to Monica and Dalton for betraying me. I’m strong enough to wait. A good hunter is always patient and never stalks in anger.'
'I always crack it until Tobias stops flinching at the sound. It’s never the same amount of times. I don’t want it to become obvious so I always do it a few more times to create a sense of surprise.
I coil up the leather and with the flick of my wrist I set a perfect line against Monica’s back. She yelps in pain and surprise, and Tobias joins her. He thought he’d get the first blow.
I breathe through the pounding in my cock. It beats in time with my rapidly beating heart.
I flick my wrist again taking Monica across the shoulder. I see Tobias tense as she screams. Mustn’t allow the slaves to think they are taking even turns. The blow’s shock is what makes my cock burn for release. I palm my balls as they tighten, threatening to shoot my release up the stock of my dick. I inhale through my nose and breathe out my mouth until I regain my control.
I flick my wrist again and hit Monica across her thighs. She screams bloody murder at the ceiling and I smile to myself. It hurts like a bitch, but the marks will fade. I never break skin. This is my passion- my gift.”
5 likes