Start by marking “Working Out (The Works, #2)” as Want to Read:
Working Out (The Works, #2)

Working Out

(The Works #2)

A woman with a history of picking Mr. Wrong.

A man with a powerful kink for control.

When lust turns to love, who's really on top?

Maggie Doran is off men, having gone through a string of poor relationships. Then like clockwork, her libido fires up over her new boss--the epitome of bad choices. The man is built like a Greek god, sexy, and has a harem of eager gym groupies wil
Published June 14th 2012 by No Box Books (first published June 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Working Out, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Camille Adams
Dec 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, free
DNF @ 61%

Was going well in the beginning and then came a cliff the author couldn't resist and she kamikazed right off that hill.

Artificial.

Some un-buy-able BDSM for the FSoG girlies.
Some insecurity from Ms. Perfect.
A hero with a closed off heart though his body is hot for days.
A fan club for Mr. Macho Marine made up of women willing to be used and cast aside as refuse.
Some meddling, melded family which includes the token fabulous gay guy working with the singular purpose of creating a HEA f
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Feb 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
1.5*
Just skip it. Mac's an asshole and Maggie begs for more. I should have stopped, but I just had to continue reading this train-wreck in the hope it would get better. I was also at the gym working out, so the title fit. Ha ha.
"I'm two seconds away from fucking you raw." Romantic right?
"If she weren't on birth control, she had a feeling they'd have made a baby." Yeah, I don't know what to say to that one.
"Want me to put you down and fuck you like the dirty slut you are?" Calling your lover a s
Limecello
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
D+ read.

I actually had to look the book up again and start paging through to remember what it was/what it was about; the blurb didn't ring any bells, so ... that's the reason for the D+ [I mean if I just read it this week and it was that ~forgettable?]

There's nothing WRONG with it - it's just ... basically indistinguishable from all the other books out there that are also just ok/out there to pass the time.

and all that would've been fine and this would be a C- but for the ~BDSM in it where they
Buffer
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I like the idea of Mac and Maggie together, but there's just something off about their interaction that jarred me. Plus their dialogue of D/s seems unnatural to me. I guess Ms Harte is not really in the lifestyle. Other then these, I still enjoy this book, the side characters, the banter, the light-heartedness in reading a Marie Harte are all en pointe.
Christine D
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful romance series from Ms Harte!
This book #2 in the series was a lot steamier/dirtier than #1 but I loved it just the same.
Amber
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Working Out is an incredibly breathtaking and truly remarkable journey of discovering and accepting genuine trust and love. When such an eye opening and intense journey is taken by two people who desperately long for more then what they have resigned themselves to, the outcome is always one full of unpredictable surprises and emotional revelations. This turned out to be such a tremendously inspiring and absolutely wonderful story to experience!

Mac and Maggie struggle with the knowledge that they
Tracie R
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
He thrives on a challenge and she has 'DARE ME' written all over her!!

Maggie Doran is an up and coming artist who has taken a job at Jameson's Gym teaching classes. Originally she took the job to get dirt on the guy her best friend was falling for but she stayed because of the man who irritates her and drives her mad yet she can't seem to get him out of her head.

Mac Jameson runs Jameson's Gym and has seen too many failed relationships to ever really believe in forever. He also know what he need
Dar
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Pretty good - not perfect but a good read. We met Maggie and Mac in Bodywork, they were the best friends of Shane and Shelby. Maggie started working at Mac's uncles gym to get the dirt on Shane and work with Mac to get them together. Trouble was, Maggie and Mac were attracted to each other, and Maggie was tired of dead end relationships and Mac has never had any luck making anything last with the ladies
There are some hot scenes in this book, but the trouble is the dominant language seems forced.
Missy Jane
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the sequel to Body Work which I remember liking a lot. I also liked this story and the cast of characters that I'd gotten to know in the first book. Unfortunately the version on my Nook had so many typos it seriously took away from my enjoyment of the story. Also, this story is about a Sub/Dom relationship, though a tame one. I'm not certain I really bought into it between these two particular characters. Some scenes were good but some felt very forced. The sex was definitely hot though.
Shannon
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm giving this a very high 2 and 3/4. It is the season and all. PLUS I was intrigued enough to keep reading and find just how a jackass like Mac was going to end up with Maggie.

The writing was weak, but got a little better towards the end. Ms. Harte could have gone a little deeper into the characters, both of whom come from broken homes. I mostly wanted Maggie to get her HEA. A lot of the plot was just way too convenient, but I think the point of the book was that it's ok to have a D/s relation
Linda
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Maggies tried to stay away from her hot boss, tried not to listen to the rumors but its getting to her. She cant stop thinking about him, but shes not going to let him know, hes not going to make her another notch on his bed.
Mac doesnt want anyone else than Maggie, not one of the women trying to get to him can compare to this beautiful woman. But how to let her know shes it for him?
Smutty fluff and dominance in a quick read.
Mareli
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much, even if not as much as I liked the previous one. But it was totally enjoyable. I have some little doubts about D/s relationship, I felt it a bit forced here, but the story was good and both characters are nice people, very likable and real!

I also enjoyed the background stories here and there. Now I hope Trevor will have a story of his own!

A great series, recommended!

Brandi Porter
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think I love this book better than the first one. Maggie played hard to get and I wanted to scream at Mac. He was supposed to be a dominant type man but he didn't act like it until he was in the bedroom. But when they got together Maggie and Mac were great but dirty. And boy do I love dirty. I really enjoyed this book.
Mandy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a 3.5 for me I think. Maybe 4. I really enjoyed this whole series and I'm ready to read Trevor's story! One of the things I really liked about this series was Shane and Mac...their scenes with each other we hilarious. They were so well written and funny. This one had a D/s theme to it and it was certainly enjoyable!
marieno
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shane
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: made-me-smile
Working Out was great!!! It was one of those stories that have you giggling out loud. It had a D/s feel however it did not rule the story just added to it. The H was obnoxious in that bad boy way that we hate to love but blush when he walks into a room. The h was strong but knew how to play the female to the male role...I loved it!
Rhonda
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Marie Hart knows how to write romance with awesome heroes! She proves it again with this story. Mac has lost everyone he's ever loved except his uncle Ian. So when he falls for Maggie, he tries to dismiss his feelings and almost pushes her away. Once he wakes up though, there is no stopping this man. I really liked this book. The secondary characters had me laughing nonstop!
⚜️Trea
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenges-2012
This is one of the rare books that is just as good, if not better than the first book in the series! The sex scenes were once again very steamy, and it was a fast enjoyable read that I didn't want to see end. Will definitely look for more from this author!
Regencyfan93
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own-it, dnf
This got a 3 the first time I read it. I tried re-reading it and was put off by the heroine's rack, tits, and having her breast grabbed in a later moment of sex. I didn't care to spend more time with either of the MCs. So DNF the second time around.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
I finished this book today. It was a fast read but there are parts where I just skipped a lot of the descriptions of stuff to get to the dialogue. I am not sure that I would have bought this book but someone lent it to me.
Kat Desi
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
To be honest, I was not too thrilled about the D/s aspect of their relationship. It didn't seem to fit with the nature of the book, but I absolutely adored how they came together and how these two complimented each other.
Silviene
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG this one book is better than the first book like 100% better!!!!!!. Its scorching hot, sexy enthralling, I just loved it. It has D/S relationship in it. I love how the story is told and the continue developing of the characters in the previous book.

Julianna
I liked it, just not as much as the first book. All of the characters are good and they do make a great couple, a little argumentative but that works for them. Looking forward to Trevor's book though!

1st read - 6-14-13
2nd read - 1-25-16
Kathryn
Beautiful people meet at gym. Beautiful people have great D/s relationship. HOT read. Friends and family get involved.... many things ensue.
LC
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Something kept me from loving this. I do t think this is Marie Harte's best book. But I liked the character of Mac, I just think his sudden "Dom" nature came from left field.
Silkeeeeeereads
A sweet fluff story with big muscles and some D/s thrown in to boot.
Katherine
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Really good. Hero and heroine were both strong, funny, appealing characters. Add the fact that he likes D/s sex and so does she, and you've got a winner.
Rachelle
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was very surprising. I did not think things would wind up the way they did.
Simone
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
  • The Perfect Score
  • Restless Spirit
  • White Wedding (The Guardian Agency #1)
  • Chase of a Lifetime (Chase Series, #1)
  • Opposites Attract (The Trilogy Collection, #1)
  • The Virgin Proxy (Conquerors #2)
  • She Wolf (True Mates, #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1)
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • The Naughty List (Make Mine A Menage, #1)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Shifting Positions (Woodcliff Shifters #1)
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http: ...more

The Works (3 books)
  • Bodywork (The Works, #1)
  • Wetwork (The Works, #3)