Start by marking “Tied in Knots” as Want to Read:
Tied in Knots

Read Excerpt

Tied in Knots

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Ice cold. As a bucket of ice water heaved over the naked body of the one who encouraged her.

Stripped and restrained, Hannah had forgotten her safe-word and was struggling against what was being done to her in an effort to remember.

When she finally does, it’s all over, but revenge is planned and served in due course.
ebook, iBooks Edition, 30 pages
Published June 15th 2012 by Xavier Edwards (first published June 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tied in Knots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tied in Knots

Jen
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a hot and sexy read! It is a short story about a couple exploring their BDSM side. I liked the book because it involves a "switch" for the lady involved. The first part of the book starts with Hannah in restraints that her man, Rhys had put her in. This chapter goes into her experience with bondage and it is a detailed account of their time spent "playing".
The second chapter then is payback for Rhys. Hannah becomes the domme and decides to make him pay for what she went through. I liked
Maria
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this short story. It sex scenes were steamy, described in detail & well written.
Hannah & Rys obviously had a lot of trust in each other to agree to their arrangement.
I wished it was longer because I wanted to know more about the characters & their relationship.
Charity
Aug 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
“Tied in Knots” is a short story portraying a couple’s first time(s) dabbling with BDSM. This is one of those books that required me to write a list of the good and not so good elements for me to determine a rating.

What I liked
It was pretty well written in terms of grammar and flow.
We get to experience the domination switch as they both take a turn
Some of the Erotic elements were well placed and played out

What was lacking for me
The character descriptions and development weren’t present
I felt
Lindsey Bluth
This was my first time reading an erotic novel written by a male author and, to be fair, it was decent enough. I say that mainly because I prefer my erotica to be more racy, almost shocking without being abhorrent, and most importantly, very, very sexually stimulating. Plot-wise, it was interesting but it lacked depth; character-wise, it was difficult to form a connection with either one of the characters because the story did not allow much room for character development; eroticism-wise, the se ...more
Steelwhisper
This has a very neat plot idea behind it, which I'd have liked to see elaborated some more.

A very inexperienced couple muddling through. ;)

RC provided by the author.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The concepts of this story are sexy and hot. The story unfolding is the undoing of the rating for me. In this short tale, there are two parts to it. The first is Rhys trying out some kinky fun with Hannah. His goal is pleasure for her. It's even repeated in the usage of a safeword. Unfortunately for Rhys, Hannah is a forgetful bitch. Even though Hannah experienced pleasure, she holds Rhys responsible for her initial discomfort due to her own fault. Women like this disgust me. This automatically ...more
Kat
Oct 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can see why some might really like this type of story. It was well written even if I felt the characters weren't developed enough for my taste. I like the idea of them taking turns in their sub/dom roles. I've always been a fan of the occasional switch.

But I have to tell you...(view spoiler)
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
Another short story from Xavier Edwards. I had a bit of difficulty with this one. It wasn't as erotic to me as it felt like a revenge novel. When Rhys tied up Hanna, it didn't seem like he was really into it. It felt like he was going through the motions. At times Hannah seemed to be into it and others like she was over it.

When Hannah tied up Rhys it felt like revenge instead of kinky sex. It was like she wanted to get back at him and make him pay not bring him pleasure.

it was just a weird read
Elaine Smith
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok ive only rated this 4 as im not finished reading it..however i like to comment throughout as i find my views can change throughout...the story itself is one i find exhilirating as its captured the almost very real experiences of first time BDSM i say almost as ofcourse its a story and hss that right amount of fantasy not over the top like in some books were the novices are instant experts however the male charachter seems to be in this fantasy element..unless i just havent gotten far enough i ...more
Dee
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
I have read and enjoyed a few books by Xavier. This is another steamy little read. Rhys and Hannah have a nice little play session and both are able to achieve multiple orgasms! Although I haven't met many men in RL that can achieve as many in one session, lol.

I realise there is only so much you can put in a short story, but I would have like the characters to have been described a little bit, so I could have formed a better visual of them.

Book supplied by author in exchange for an honest review
Sassafrass
Full review to come but a couple of things:

I didn't like this story nearly as much as the other Xavier Edwards books I have read. I didn't understand why Hannah was so mad. She didn't even give Rhys enough credit to remember her safe word so I wasn't comprehending why she felt the need for revenge.

Because of that central piece of the story that I just couldn't connect with, the story fell flat for me.
Kimberley
Wow, wow & WOW. & it is so annoying that I am limited to only 5 stars!

This is one hot and steamy short that grips you, 2 chapters showing the ying and yang of BDSM. Extremely well written and the detail is simply divine (struggling to find words to do this wonderful story justice)

More like this please :-D
Ava
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
Tied in Knots is an erotic read. Good but wasn't really sexy erotic. I would've liked it better if there was an intro that would help me understand the characters better and answer questions that kept me hanging after the last page.

I liked the idea that both parties had the experience of being a dom and a sub.

**Book provided by Author.**
~Anita~
Aug 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, bdsm
I had real issues with the behaviour of the characters. I don't consider the characters to have adequately consented to one or more actions of the other partner. It was enough for me to feel uncomfortable. That said I don't think it is meant to be non con.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it very much,although it was a short read. I liked how Hannah became the Domme of Rhys , a way of showing him what it's like to have to be submissive. I was hoping it was a longer read but I will be reading some more of Xaviers' work.
Eric Taub
It had its moments.
Vicki

✳✳ Copy provided by the author.
Shelley
Jun 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Disappointing!
Lucinda Williams
It was ok kinda quick on the end it could have been drawn out longer
Leta Fisher
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book flowed easy, has a good storyline and was very easy to read. Even though it was a short story, you still were left feeling satisfied.
Syfy
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kink
Be careful what you wish for... LoL! A couple try's a bit of the kinky stuff to spice things up, let's see what happens...
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.
haha brilliant. Chapter 2 was my favorite. Gota love a bit of pay back :)
Kate
Jun 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Great story... Love the detail and images it brought to mind.. Really enjoyed the second chapter!
Nancy
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good things come in small packages, just like this steamy BDSM SHORT! Very hot erotic story. Made me have shivers! Nice work. Keep 'me coming Xavier.
Heather Scheuring
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story --- doesn't take any prisoners and goes right into action. I do wish it was longer.
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
I liked it. I wish it was a little bit longer, but it gave what it promised. Hot, BDSM scenes!
I really liked second chapter better, because it didn't start abruptly.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Rachel Jane
May 15, 2013
Mitch Morales
Jan 18, 2013
Heather Oates
Jul 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Ripped (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • The Lonely Dominant
  • Saved by One, Shared by Two
  • Weekend Captive
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Sweet Submission (What Alex Wants, #1)
  • Laura Meets Jeffrey: Both Sides of an Erotic Memoir
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • The Dom of My Dreams
  • Over the Limit
  • Jonah Noble - Anticipation is Everything (Interview with a Master, #2.5)
  • Master of the Sun
  • Claimed  (Doctor's Orders, #4)
  • Temporary Slave
  • Observation (Doctor Dom, #2)
  • Double Take
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more
More about Xavier Edwards...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Rose Garden
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)