Start by marking “Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #5)” as Want to Read:
Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #5)

Leopard's Prey

(Leopard People #5)

#1 New York Times bestselling author "Christine Feehan knows how to weave a tale of action, suspense and paranormal passion" (Romance Junkies). Now, she’s back -- and the New Orleans nights have never felt so torrid or so dangerous...

From a tough stint in the armed forces to stalking the unknown as a bayou cop, leopard-shifter Remy Boudreux has been served well by his unca
Mass Market Paperback, 366 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Leopard's Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leopard's Prey

Sammy Loves Books
Sexy Cajun Leopard shifters to the Rescue!!
My reading funk is officially over!!

Remy Boudreaux

remy

Remy is the detective investigating a string of very brutal and gruesome serial killings. He's sexy as sin with his piercing green eyes and ropes of muscles. He's very stubborn and bossy and I usually like that type of hero, but not so much with Remy. Maybe because there was a total lack of character development. We know that he is the oldest brother of a group of leopard shifters and that he is bossy a
This was another okay story, but I don’t think I liked it as much as the previous book in the series. Remy and Bijoe were both okay characters, and the sex scenes between them were pretty explosive, the rest of the story dragged a bit though, even though I didn’t guess who the killer was.

6.5 out of 10
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Leopard's Prey is Remy Boudreaux's story and he lives up to the anticipation he built when he entered the scene the first time in Savage Nature. It's been a year since I read a Feehan book, so Remy's book is a great way to break my fast. I knew Remy would be 'something else,' the kind of hero only Feehan can write. With Bijou, he gets the story and the heroine that I wished for.

I will freely admit that the GhostWalkers is my favorite series by Feehan, and the others pale in comparison, so I mak
Bianca
Christine Feehan writes the best possessive, obsessive, jealous, dark, dangerous, sexy, over the top alpha heroes ever! I LOVED Remy!! Bijou, the heroine, wasn't to bad either.

What was bad? The villains.. there were soo many different bad guys... I couldn't keep them straight. Some of the bad guys you never even met, they were just lurking around in the shadows or outskirts!It was so confusing I'm still not sure if or how it all ties together!
Chitra *CJ*
"Leopard's Prey" is the sixth book in Leopard people series- and a great addition at that.
This book focuses on bayou cop Remy and the rock singer Bayou "Blue", who returns back home to New Orleans.
Remy has known Blue since she was a kid, being 16 year older than her and has always tried to protect and shield her- especially from her rockstar manwhore and negligent dad.
As time passes, they see each other less as Remy moves away to travel and so does Blue for her career.
Years later, when she retu
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
As usual, I really enjoyed a book in this series. I must say, I didn't like this one as much as all the ones in the past, but it's probably not to do with anything other than the story just didn't hook me and I kind of didn't feel as much for the couple in this one. Don't know why. I've absolutely adored the previous books, but I just liked this one. Still will be looking forward to the next one. I hope it's Elijah or Mahieu.

** I came back in to edit this - I think maybe I didn't like this inst
Shari Kay
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
So, by the 6th book in a series you should know what you're getting into...and I did. But, I was still a bit disappointed. The plot was just so all over the place.

So Remy knew his baby's sister friend Bijou since she was 8 and he rescued her from a dangerous situation with her drug/sex addict/rocker dad's crew. (try saying that 12x fast) He's 16 years older than her and a cop. He doesn't feel he handled it well, and joins the military, travels etc. etc. to 'find' himself and get better control
Lover of Romance
"I'm goin' to kiss you, Blue. So don' do anythin' rash."
She blinked at him. "Why?"
"Because I know a thing or two about makin' a public statement." His hand slipped to her throat, and he lowered his head that scant few millimeters to her mouth.
Time stopped for her. The ground under her feet shifted. He led her right over a cliff where there was no way back. Lights danced at the back of her eyes and her body seemed to melt against his. Her body didn't feel her own anymore. He'd lain claim to her
Pete
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Leopard’s Preyis book 6 in the Leopard People series, by Christine Feehan . I like Christine’s bayou stories.

Remy Boudreux, the homicide detective from the Savage Nature book, along with his brother Gage, and sister Saria launch this fascinatingly entertaining story in reoccurring murder investigations.

Saria and friend Bijou “Blue” Breaux, a wealthy daughter of a famous deceased rock star, Bodrie, who was a substance abusing philanderer. When Bijou was 8 years old she was being escorted into
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Soooooo disjointed. The storyline itself had too many annoying aspects. Why would Drake leave Saria after she witnessed a murder? Why would Remy leave Bijou the "morning after?" And why would Bijou flee and suddenly run into one of her supposed only friends (who she oddly enough didn't even know was in town) on the side of the road and then go on the impromptu rappelling adventure?

Cause bam reader, Bijou is also suddenly a skilled rock climber. With rock climbing equipment conveniently in her c
Donna
Nov 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ughhh. I actually checked the genres list before picking this book up, and thankfully romance wasn't first and foremost....well that list means diddly squat. This was awful. I can't even sugar coat it. It wasn't even romance, it was just trashy. I wish the other genres were better represented.

The characters were pretty shallow, but I'm learning to expect that when everyone is so beautiful, ripped, curvy, and perfect. The story was shallow, not to mention predictable, because of the character pro
Miranda
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
To begin my review of Leopard's Prey, written by Christine Feehan; I would first like to take a moment to point out that I am not your typical romance novel reader. It wasn't until about 11 years ago, that I found myself exploring this genre. However, the style of books in which I strictly read before; did often contain a love story. In a sense, the Epic Fantasy genre, has forever shaped my definition of "romance". What I am attempting to convey, is that I may not view romance, in the same manne ...more
Julia
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Features the same setting and people as book 5, Savage Nature. I love the setting in the swamps of Louisiana, and I loved how this is a murder mystery. These books are great when they have an actual plot and this one does.
Shauni
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book I ever read by Christine Feehan was a leopard book, I was on another author's website and we were in chat.. the author said (and yes I am paraphrasing) for sheer smoldering steam, forget the vampires and check out Christine Feehan's Wild Rain. So I did.. and fell in love.

There is just something special about the cat shifters.. they are sensual, sensational and sublime (I know I so have to get off this alliteration kick). But they are special.. something about them calls to me. I
Harriet
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once the action starts it is fast paced and thrilling. However, half of the book is setting up the back story. I thought this could have been accomplished a bit faster.That does not mean it wasn't engaging story.
I absolutely love the hero Remy and the heroine Bijou. Remy is a tough, protective and a take charge homicide detective the kind of man you want covering your back in a dangerous situation. He is insightful. He is one of the few to see behind the mask that Bijou wears to protect herself.
Angela Verdenius
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finished this at midnight last. Hoo boy! Fanning self* I want to meet me a Cajun cop! LOL

Seriously, I really enjoyed this book. Honestly, I wasn’t too caught up in the Leopard series at first, but reading this story has me wanting to go back and re-read Drake and Saria’s story, and I can’t wait for the next one. I’m not into the books set in Borneo or other exotic places, but those set in the bayous and swamps of the South, love them!

I do think that Robert should have been taken into the swamps
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
All right all you shifter fans, the Leopard series by Christine Feehan never disappoints. I really loved Remy's story. Read my full review at http://devastatingreads.blogspot.ca/2...
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I'm mixed about this story. I liked and didn't like Remy. Sometimes he was an ass but overall, he was a good guy. This is pretty typical where the girl is an innocent virgin and is now mated to a shifter who is all macho alpha. It is well written and predictable.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Keri
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
A really good tight read. Looking foward to the next one.
Aparna
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: Shape-shifting Leopards, Mobsters and Love - A weird combination right? Well, it's worth reading on those lazy days or to bring you out of any kind of dull mood.

Leopard's People is the sixth book in the Leopard People Series by Christine Feehan published in May of 2013. The plot revolves around Remy Boudreaux - oldest brother of Saria Boudreaux, a homicide detective - and Bijou Breaux - only daughter of a rich rock and roll start who has come back to the Louisiana Bay
Raven
Jan 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh thank the gods, I am finally done with this book. This story was a complete and utter bomb for me, I cant believe this made it past the editing department.

This was beyond predictable, the amount of effort that was put into just how cold and detached the murderer was was a bit over kill and then some. It was like pulling teeth waiting for Ms. Feehan to finally tie the details together.

My second big complaint was the impractical sex scenes. Um if your jumping someone for the first time, and t
Lady Lioness
While I'm a couple of books behind in Feehan's Carpathian books because they've all started to blend together, this felt fresh in comparison. I do wish I'd re-read Savage Nature prior to reading Leopard's Prey. I didn't realize that they were published two years apart, I was just like 'WERE-LEOPARDS!' *glomp* and that was that. I retained enough memory of the Leopard People series to be okay, but if you have a chance, I'd recommend having Savage Nature fresh in your mind. The previous four aren' ...more
DemetraP
Jun 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
I just didn't feel the romance. Heroine was a famous rock star, who had a famous rock star father who gave her a crappy childhood, her mother died when she was very young, she was very, very beautiful and extremely rich.

Hero was a homicide detective who can turn into a leopard and is investigating a serial killer. Those scenes were gruesome. Really over the top and disgusting. Not what I want to read in a romance novel. (Had it been romantic suspense I would have been prepared for such graphic
Darcy
I found myself really liking Bijou right from the start. I hated hearing how she grew up and was glad that Remy was able to save her. I thought his actions were sweet, especially considering that he was a grown man, while she was still a child. It was due to that event that I had a hard time with the romance. Remy never acted inappropriate with Bijou, but their 16 year age difference seemed like a lot especially as much of the time Bijou was a kid.

I did like all the internal strife going on with
JazzRizz
I think I probably should have read this one instead of listening to it. I'm all for hot & heavy romance novels, but when it takes a trip back & forth to work (over an hour) to get through one love scene ... well, it may just fall into an erotica instead of a paranormal romance. Just saying.

Having said that, I love Remy & Blue. I adore all the leopards, and this was a great addition to that world. Mahieu totally cracked me up. I'm looking forward to the day he gets a book (hopefully)
Shannon
Remy Boudreaux
Bijou Breaux

Remy, Remy, Remy!

I have some ups and downs in my feelings about this book. A personal pet peeve about things that were repeated over and over again, like Remy's roped muscles and Blue's smokey voice. (SN: Blue is just the cutest nickname) But overall I really enjoyed the story line. The "whodunit" kept me on my toes and I didn't figure it out until the characters did. I won't say that this is my favorite Leopard story but this was definitely a good one. 4 Stars

Read Wit
Kath
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fantastic story, and worthy of well over the 5 star rating.
The pace was fast, keeping me totally focused, I did not want to put this book down. The plot oh wow I couldn't make up my mind who the main villain was, as there was plenty to choose from. One moment i was convinced i knew, the next i thought it someone else.
Amongst all the murder, stalker mystery we have the beautiful love story of Remy finding his mate in the now very grown up beautiful young women Bijou. Since he ha
Peace_Love_Reading
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was extremely steamy but I actually really enjoyed it. I loved all of the main characters especially Remy <3. I will not give this book a 5 out of 5 thought because towards the end so many new "Bad Guys" were being introduced that I couldn't figure out who was good and who was bad. I think I knew from about halfway threw the book thought who the main killer was. If you can stand heavy sex scenes I recommend this book to romance/suspense readers. If you don't like steamy books don't ...more
Rhonda
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good Christine Feehan book. It had a strong alpha male who thought he had great skill with the fairer sex. He was confounded when the leading lady did not take his orders to heart or hang on his every word. That my friends was funny as hell. Miss Feehan is well known for her lovescenes and I can say they did not disapoint, they were both numourous and well written. All in all this is an excellent book and is a good example of why I always buy books by Christine Feehan.
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 4.5, 9.5, 10.5)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Julian's Jeopardy (Dawn Endeavor #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
  • A Mermaid's Ransom (Daughters of Arianne, #3)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #19; Wolf Breeds, #9)
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Forever (The World of Nightwalkers, #2)
  • El libro de la sacerdotisa (Saga Vanir, #2)
  • Nightbound (Lords of the Darkyn, #3)
  • The Lady is a Vamp (Argeneau, #17)
  • Surrendering All But Her Heart
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Leopard People (10 books)
  • Wild Rain (Leopard People, #1)
  • Burning Wild (Leopard People #2)
  • Wild Fire (Leopard People, #3)
  • Savage Nature (Leopard People, #4)
  • Cat's Lair (Leopard People, #6)
  • Wild Cat (Leopard People, #7)
  • Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #8)
  • Leopard's Blood (Leopard People, #9)
  • Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)