Start by marking “Chrysalis” as Want to Read:
Chrysalis

Chrysalis

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Ayda Blackhawk is the beautiful, mysterious new girl at Kindale High School, in the Earthen Elemental Division of Bid'ABan. She is not there to make friends but to bring destruction. Her assignment? To kill the Thunderkin heir Adrian Dusong.

Published September 30th 2013 by 3CM Media

To ask other readers questions about Chrysalis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chrysalis

Victoria Zigler
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book to read and review, but this in no way influences my opinions of the story: what follows is an honest - though, I admit, quite short - review based upon my opinions and nothing else.

This book is an enjoyable read; written in a straight-forward and simple style that's easy to follow, but which will capture your interest early on and keep it. The world the author has created is fascinating, and the characters are believable as real people. I look forward t
Emma Meade
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
The fantasy backdrop and Native American element of the mythical Thunderbird drew my interest from the get-go. I liked hearing snippets about vampire hunter Angel from the Night School novellas and how her life and actions connected to the world of Bid’ A Ban. There is some terminology to get used to at first. I read the glossary of terms at the start of the book, but after a few pages, I became familiar with the new words anyway.

These days we’re used to vampires, werewolves and witches attendin
Denise
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to be asked to beta read this book by the author having read other work by her and really enjoying her writing style. I really liked this book. The world and characters of Chrysalis came alive for me with a storyline that was fresh and unique. As it states in the synopsis the story begins after a war between man and the supernatural and the world is now at peace with the races coexisting in harmony. There are those, however, who have never accepted the changes and the interminglin ...more
 Marla
I liked the Native American feel of the story, but all sorts of unpronounceable names and groups were introduced early on and we never encountered them in the story. Lots of unresolved references, no one is going to remember foreshadowing from a previous book! I liked the nod to I, Robot and the assassin with a conscience.

I would read the second book to see what will happen next.

Likes:
* Glossary of terms in Forward was helpful, but more terms would've been better
* Adrian Dusong, Kuuyi leader's s
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Ayda was created to assassinate Adrain a ThunderKin. Adrain's uncle, Leader Cheveyo had Ayda created for this purpose and this purpose only. But after a couple of failed attempts she made while trying to kill Adrain she began to wonder why she was failing at the one thing she was trained for her whole life. After she gave it some thought she finally came to the conclusion that she was developing feelings for Adrain. She realized that she could not harm him ever. She would now become his protecto ...more
Laura DeLuca
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ayda is an Achina, half human and half Thunderkin, who was created with only one purpose. To kill Adrian, the next in line to rule one of the three districts of Bid'A Ban. She was molded for this purpose, trained for it from the minute of her creation. She even makes a few attempts to accomplish her mission before she discovers something she never expected, something no one ever anticipated. She falls in love with the handsome Adrian. But it's more than just physical attraction. Ayda knows he w ...more
Bonny Bon Bon
Firstly id like to thank Michelle Cornwell- Jordan for giving me this book in exchange for an honest review

Ayda is an Achina, half human and half Thunderkin. A being which is created and not born and whom are created for a specific purpose. In Aydas case Cheveyo (ruler of Taawa - One of the three Territories) orders Ayda to be created to assassinate Adrian, the heir to Kuuyi one of the three territories in Bid'A Ban so that Cheveyo may rule both territories and unite Bid'A Ban once more.

Howev
Jamie
Chrysalis is one of the best books that I have read in awhile. Having read other books by this author I knew this was going to be a good one too. I just didn't realize that I would love it so much. I loved the supernatural world that the author created. I think it would be a fun place to visit or even live. The characters were very real and the story flowed right along.

Ayda is a supernatural being, an achina. She is part human and part Thunderkin. She was created for one purpose, to kill Adrian
Meyke Liechandra
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Meyke by: Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Wonderful world with epic romance!

First half of this book is boring because I can expect what will happen next, but when I reached the second half, I was excited. I love how the author made fantastic world of many creatures. Friendship, love, royal, and truth blended in one awesome book. But, I found three typo of words inside. It's not a big deal. It's still be a good novel to read.

So... Five stars by the way!

Ayda Blackhawk is an Achina, half human and half Thunderkin, who was created to kill A
Aishvarya
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, r2r, ebooks
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.*
But when Ayda meets the handsome Adrian, a twist of fate changes the rules. Ayda and Adrian find themselves, along with their world ,at the cross roads to either destruction or redemption.
Mindy
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Initially I wasn’t really sure I liked this book. It is written in a different style than I usually read and it took a while to grasp the different words for the types of people/mythological creatures in the story. However, the further I got in the book, the better it got. I can’t wait to read the next one to find out what happens next.

I really enjoyed that the author kept surprising me with new twists that I totally didn’t see coming. I especially enjoyed the fact that this group of “Kin” had a
Navya
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.*
Chrysalis is a well thought book though, I felt as if everything was rushed. The story, in the start was a little complicated and confusing, where you really needed to scratch your head for the understanding. The plot was amazing, though the pace was a little too fast. Adya and Adrian’s relationship was very well defined and the change in it, very well described. Though the emotions radiating off from the different characters l
Brianna
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It had amazing characters that I could really connect with. They all had special personalities that made them all unique in their own way. I loved the way the author used such beautiful description. You could really imagine that you were there. I recommend reading this book and all the other books written by this author. She has a true passion for writing and you feel it through her words. I can't wait for all her books in the future!
Angel
Jan 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, fantasy
(This review can also be found at Spare Reads)

A copy of the book was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

So it seems that my misfortune continues. If reading Rouge was a mistake led on because I misjudged its contents by the fancy cover, then picking up Chrysalis was a mistake caused by the exact opposite reason. I wish I had judged the cover more, that way I probably would have saved myself from this miserable read. I always try my best to support self published book
Faye
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

I think the blurb tricked me or something. It seemed interesting but when I read the book (more like scan through half the pages), it didn't appeal to me.
The only interesting about Chrysalis was the world of Bid'ABan and those who lived there. I couldn't connect to Ayda but I do not dislike her.
The relationship of Ayda and Adrian seemed to be fast despite Ayda wanting to kill Adrian because it was what ordered of her and she believed in it. I feel that their relationship didn't develop
Avalon Archer
Sep 25, 2014
Kimballina
Oct 22, 2012
Pauline
Jan 03, 2014
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Jun 14, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Donna
Xunaira J.
Oct 07, 2013
Lisbeth
Oct 08, 2013
Bookalicious Trav...: Chrysalis - Michelle Cornwell-Jordan 1 5 Nov 07, 2013 03:29AM
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan is a New Adult(18+)/Young Adult Author, who enjoys writing Paranormal, Dark Contemporary Fiction, Fantasy and Steampunk!:)

To find out more about Michelle's books please visit her website/links and also for updates, first peeks and giveaways join MCJordanBook's monthly email newsletter!
Author website: http://michellecjordan.wix.com/author#