Start by marking “Devil in Disguise” as Want to Read:

Devil in Disguise

(Unlikely Heroes and Heroines #7)

Reporter Rachel Cooper is America’s Sweetheart – but that won’t help her when human traffickers kidnap her sister. Can an old flame help her protect the ones she loves? Does she even want him to?
Published June 2012

To ask other readers questions about Devil in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil in Disguise

Coco.V
Aug 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/15/2018)!💝
Amy H
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wow this book!!!!!

Rachel is a famous reporter. she gets super involved in all her jobs. she always has to get the bad guys. she even dates them! she doesn't get along with her mother and her sister barley listens to her. her sister never leaves the computer.

well at Christmas Rachel visits her family and informs her sister that it isn't safe to be in chat rooms all day. her sister stated that she has a date and was excited to wear her new dress that Rachel got her.

Rachel sister's date turned out
Erin
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the suspense in this book, but there was a little too much mushy-gushy romance, but I'm always a critical sourpuss when it comes to romance that seems too good to be true. Other than that, it was another exciting page-turner by HH that combined/connected stories and characters from her other books, which I LOVE when authors do that! Now, I'm onto the next one, Ring Of Fire. Already started it as soon as this one was finished! Bravo Heather, you definitely have a gift at capturing and kee ...more
Carol Kidd
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book was amazing. I promise you will cry and you will laugh at time. This book open your eyes up to a lot of bad things that happen in this world.
Samantha
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most people involved with human trafficking don't have a happy ending but I liked how this story did. I also love how it was handled so a great read
Sadie Mazzola
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great.

Human trafficking hits home for a news anchor. With the help of a former lover, she finds herself in the midst of helping ..danger, love.
Richa
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Originally posted at City of Books - http://ecstatic-for-books.blogspot.com/

Thank you to Heather Huffman for providing me with a copy to review.

I finished this book in a day, in one go. Okay, I took a break to have lunch but that's beside the point. Devil In Disguise is an amazing adult contemporary, with beautiful writing and an incredibly meaningful concept.

Initially, I was slightly apprehensive about reading this book, since I wasn't sure how heavy it was on the human trafficking part. I was
Corina
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Devil in Disguise

It is rare that I read a book so remarkably well written that it actually moves me and I certainly didn’t expect to find that level of attachment to this book, but Devil in Disguise by Heather Huffman surpassed every and all expectations I could have possibly had for it. Not only did I adore the love story and re-connection of Rachel and Conrad, but the actual plot of the story was heart wrenching and compelling.

Huffan created a world that I immersed myself in, the good, the ba
Kaitlin
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found myself really enjoying this book. I originally started it one morning planning to only read for a few minutes, but ended up reading almost half of it in just one sitting. The story has a flow about it that works well and allows the reader to relax and enjoy the rhythm as the characters unfold. The topic covered about human trafficking is not something that comes up in the books I read very often {if ever}, so I like that Heather has taken the approach of bringing awareness to the awful h ...more
Sandra Stiles
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, adult

Danger, Romance, Suspense and a heavy dose of realism, is what you have mixed together in this book.

Rachel Cooper is a reporter. She’s not just your everyday reporter. She thrives on getting the bad guys. Now she is not only after the bad guys but has a personal stake in all of it. Rachel receives a call from her mother. Her sister is missing. She calls the first person she can think of, Conrad. She and Conrad had a previous relationship. Had, because Rachel kept relationships at arms length. Co
The Book Breeze
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favorite stories are all about the adventure and intrigue of finding love while fighting off the bad guys. Working out the pitfalls, bumps and misunderstandings of a romantic relationship while under fire helps to keep the pages turning. Devil In Disguise offers all of this and a good deal more. There are a few rough spots in the beginning, and one or two regional references that left me scratching my head, but Devil In Disguise finds its rhythm and delivers a read that is hard to put down.

Ra
BestChickLit.com
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As Heather Huffman’s seventh novel it is quite clear that she has already found her style and voice. Her heroine, Rachel, is a strong, tenacious woman with an enviable career and natural wit. Just as you find yourself getting caught up in the world of Rachel Cooper and her complex love and family life, Huffman shifts focus, throwing you into the harsh realities of human trafficking. When Rachel’s little sister takes up the offer of a meeting from an online dating site things quickly escalate int ...more
Passion For Pages
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Passion for Pages

I am emotionally exhausted right now. This book brought out so many fears that I, as a daughter, a mother and an aunt, have. Beneath the message in this book there is a love story, but the romance will take a backseat to the real thing that Huffman’s novel is about—human trafficking.

Can I just say that it’s almost refreshing—as absurd as that sounds—to read a story that’s completely focused on the topic without throwing in sex or erotica or falling in love with
Casey
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!! These books have me so consumed by them it's a tad bit scary. I love Love LOVE Heather Huffman. I'm so glad I discovered this author and her passion for writing extremely great books. "Devil in Disguise," is a thrill ride by far. I love how several stories from other books have been tied in together and the full circle comes about. This book was on a touchy subject that no one wants to ever talk about, human trafficking. I was skeptical at first because I didn't think it would be that i ...more
Ale
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rachel's sister, Julia, was abducted when she went out on a date with a guy she chatted with on Chatspace. She called her exbf, Conrad, to help her. She called another exbf, Jeff, who is the FBI to help after Conrad urged her to call him up.

Later, she found out that Julia was being taken away from a human trafficking syndicate. The team found Julia with the help of Conrad who happened to work as a security for the casino that was running the operation.

Fast forward, their lives were in danger an
NovelJunkies
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect when we were asked to read Ms. Huffman's Devil in Disguise, as it was classified as a contemporary romance thriller. Lately I have been delving into straight erotic romance....this was a great change of pace.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed all of her characters...the heroine, Rachel Cooper....the rugged tough Conrad Langston....the innocence lost of Julia and the amazing steadfastness of Neena.

As I literally read the entire book with a 24 hour p
Iona MacNeil
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting and suspenseful story that just makes you keep turning the pages to see what is going to happen next. The central characters Rachel and Conrad are a compelling pair with their often bumpy ride as they try to reconcile their past and find a new path for their future. Rachel has to struggle with her rekindled feelings for Conrad and reevaluate her past choices as life changing events change her priorities. In an effort to protect her family and herself from the human trafficker ...more
Katie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Heather Huffman. She isn't some crazy twist and turn writer, normally there are a few problems but nothing overly bad happens to the main character. Which honestly, sometimes it's nice to not have to worry that the book isn't going to have the "happily ever after". If you are looking for a nice, enjoyable read with a strong heroine, and a hunky guy these books fit the bill. Her stories are usually good and have a social issue involved (human trafficking in this book) so you do lea ...more
Megan
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I can give this book enough praise. Having read all of Heather Huffman's previous books, I was delighted to see the development of characters from previous books (Throwaway, Jailbird and Suddenly a Spy). The characters come together in a story that will grip you and keep you reading.

Strong story that packs a strong message about human trafficking, well written romance and a few twists that grab at your heart.

Well done. I can't wait to see what else Heather comes up with.
Kristina
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is extremely well written and plants a big hole in my heart. I cannot believe how much this book has truly opened my eyes. Amongst the pain and worry, you have a beautiful love that you just want to crawl into the book and and hug them. When I finished this book, I kid you not, I hugged my girls and slept with them that night to make sure they were still with me. It's scary to think what evil is out there and how many are truly victimized by it. Great book..and I would recommend it to ...more
Julie Post
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This is really closer to 4 stars. It is a suspense/romance book that deals with human trafficking . Her sister meets someone over the Internet that kidnaps her to sell her. not sure where I lost interest in this book... I think it was about halfway through. Too many things were unbelievable and the characters were so so. Years after letting go of a relationship... Their reunion seemed hot way too quick and forced.
Lindsay Ewing
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am disappointed that I didn't enjoy this book more. It was a decent story but it just didn't have enough detail for me. I had trouble following the characters and their relationships, and too much was left to interpretation or imagination as far as the human trafficking goes. This book left me feeling as though I wasn't reading well enough and therefore missed key information. But maybe that "key information" just wasn't there in the first place...??
Pamela
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heather-huffman
Wonderful!! Well written, great plot, characters well rounded and awesome. Loved this book!

It has suspense, mystery and romance. Also old friends from other books, what more can you ask for.

Read not only this book, read all of Heather's books!!! Several times!! I have read this book 3 times and still find things I missed the first 2 times.
Terri
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wanted something different to read, I defiantly got that with this book. I got an email that offered me a chance to read it, I was glad I did and it made me talk to my kids and make sure they knew what to do if someone tried taking them that wasn't us. I did find a lot of errors in grammar in the copy I was sent, but overall I really enjoyed the book and look forward to reading "jailbreak."
Sue
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Cooper is a news reporter and a strained relationship with her mother. All changes when her sister is kidnapped into a human trafficking ring and the one person who can help her is her ex-boyfriend, who she still has feelings for. Gives some insight to trafficking and raises awareness to what really does go on.
Yvonna
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, owned-books
A look at human trafficking that gave me chills. The simplicity with which the traffickers find their victims makes me want to throw out my computer. The humor and romance gave brief respites from the sordid world which the characters were drawn.
Kirsten Lenius
This is a book that combines romance with mystery/thriller. The main character's sister is kidnapped by human traffickers. She and her exboyfriend anda handful of others must get her back before she is lost forever in the network.
Daisy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
A good book but not great. The storyline progressed to fast with no real development of any characters. The romance felt rushed as did many other aspects of the book. Still a good read if you're not picky.
Adal
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I thought that nothing really happened in this book.
We had five pages of action and lots of a very poor character development. It didn't leave me wanting to read more and I finished it more because it was a chore than it was entertaining.
Donna Huber
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Heather once again wrote a compelling story that combined heart-wrenching realities and light-hearted moments. I just don't know how she does it. Full review at Girl Who Reads

• Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • Undercover Heat
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Necessary Detour
  • Instructing an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #2)
  • License to Thrill
  • The Devil's Daughter (Devil to Pay, #1)
  • Challenging Andie
  • Killer Cupid (Redemption #1)
  • Chasing Venus
  • Picture Perfect (The Wilsons, #2)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Have You Seen Her?
  • Curiosity Killed the Kat (Katherine Flynn, #1)
Heather Huffman calls the beautiful Missouri Ozarks home. When not writing, this homesteading mother is busy raising three boys or tending the family’s myriad of animals, which includes alpacas, goats, chickens and ducks. Huffman’s optimistic and somewhat quirky view of life often finds its way into her novels.

Heather is the author of ten novels, including Throwaway, Jailbird, and her latest relea

Unlikely Heroes and Heroines (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Throwaway