Start by marking “If I Should Die Before I Wake” as Want to Read:
If I Should Die Before I Wake

If I Should Die Before I Wake

4.76  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Ever wonder if those nightmares are real, if the scary stories are true, or if the myths...aren't really myths? Escape into the world of the unknown where expectations meet limitations and dreams are nothing but an illusion of the mind. When no one is home...the creatures come out to play.

*All proceeds from this title are donated to the Pajama Program, an organization that
Paperback, First Edition, 180 pages
Published June 14th 2012 by My Home Away From Home Group

To ask other readers questions about If I Should Die Before I Wake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Should Die Before I Wake

Jeraca
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
If I Should Die Before I Wake by Jana Boskey: All her life, Evie's mother made sure that Evie and Callie never went outside after dark. Evie didn't believe the fairytale about the dark elf until he showed up for his "posession". Then Evie had to do anything to protect her little sister...

(Suspenseful story that kept the reader on the seat of their chair, and an ending that was unexpected.)

A Brush With Something Otherworldly by Jennivie Wirries: Jessie thought the item she took out of the tim
Nadège Richards
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, ya, own
I can review this, right? Okay. First and foremost, I just want to say how proud I am of everyone in this anthology. Many of you guys are new and this is your first publication, so I can only imagine how stoked you are! I really enjoyed all the stories, too! Even when I was reading and editing them, you guys gave me goose bumps!

I'm writing a review based on all the stories but mine. I can honestly say that I believe everyone gave their 100% in this anthology and it really showed. The writing wa
John Scott
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I finally finished the anthology (sorry guys!). I enjoyed it so much, really grabbed me and pulled me in. My favourite is still the story that lends its name to the anthology, with an ending I didn't see coming!!!! I'm not normally a reader of horror tales, but I would definitely recommend this to people who are fans, or even people like me, who aren't! Keep writing guys!!!
Jennifer Don
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
It didn't take me long to read through this amazing collection of short stories. I thoroughly enjoyed each one for different reasons and could clearly see where the name had come from.

If I Should Die Before I Wake, was certainly an eye catcher into several worlds and adaptations of modern reality as well as fiction/fantasy. Each author should be proud of the work they submitted and knowing that the money made from this collection is going to charity made it all the more worthwhile in buying it.
Brittany
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: own
I loved the other stories in this anthology besides mine I mean. Especially the last one. It took on an adaption of Snow White like you would never believe. That story blew my mind and is my favorite one out of them all (yes even my own haha). I would like to say good job on the story everyone. Your stories were amazing and a great contribute to the anthology. Let's do it all over again!
Ashley
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
I loved this book all the stories in it were original and the Authors capture you into their stories and never letting you go until you reach the end. This was an epic book full of great stories. I would recommend this to anyone.

I was asked if I would be interested to read this By My Home Away From Home. This is review is in my honest opinion.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA PARANORMAL
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: My Home Away From Home
10*s. I recieved an ecopy of this book in return for an honest review.
I really enjoyed reading this anology of stories. Each author is extremely talented at keeping an audience's attention. Its also a great read for halloween and a MUST read awesome paranormal anthology. Thank you to all the authors who participated in bringing this bunch of stories to life!!
Amanda
Oct 07, 2012 added it
Currently reading this book and realised it was made up of short supernatural/fantasy stories.. ahh I couldn't wait to dive it...

Going to review what I have read so far, the first two stories..

If I should die before I wake by Jana Boskey

Totally loved this, was right up my street with The Erlking character.
I thought this story was so well written and being able to describe the back story of her mother in such a short amount of words is talent.

I felt the emotions of the characters grip me and real
Toi Thomas
Writing a description for an anthology is difficult and since I’m not going to describe each individual story, I’ll be brief and precise. This is a collection of eerie stories. “Things that go bump in the night” maybe a title associated with this collection, but I’m not sure. I do know that it looks scarier than it actually is, but it’s still pretty creepy.

My overall experience of the stories was good. They were very creative. A few formatting issues made one story hard to read, but if you real
Deanne Pineiro
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this anthology. It was full with a lot of mystery and surprises, and some stories freaked me out more than once. I really lobed the spin on the Cinderella tale, but my favorite was Winter Storms Have Come and Gone. It was probably the shortest story besides the poem, but it was written so well that you just had to love it. Nadège is also one of my favorite authors.

Another of my favorite was If I Should Die Before I Wake! I could see why they named the anthology after it,too. It was amazi
Autumn
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from My Home Away From Home, to give an honest review.

I give this book 5 stars even with all the misspellings.
What an amazing job everyone! I LOVED each story that was written, and I wanted to read more. I have had only read works by one of the authors and she did a fab job in this book. The other author's are new to me and they all did a fab job themselves that I now want to read their book now.
My favorite story was the bonue story at the end. A Faery Tale Nightmare by Chr
Loopy
Aug 07, 2012 marked it as not-for-me
bh
Conny
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
A Faery Tale Nightmare By Christina Worrel 5 stars, it was awesome !!!

If I Should Die Before I Wake by Jana Boske 4 stars.

The other story's are not so good, 1 or 2 stars.
Melissa Somoza
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vivek
Nov 04, 2012
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 18, 2015
Jennivie
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Skylar
Aug 08, 2012
Kirsten
Jul 17, 2013
Ashley
Jun 14, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sabrina
Ren
Pyxi
Lisa Sperry
Jana Boskey
Jun 14, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sean Treppa
Beth Wright
Aug 10, 2012
Nicole
Aug 10, 2012
Well let's see, I've been an aspiring writer for around 5 years now, and have gotten 5 short stories published for 4 different companies. Then on top of that I'm working on my first novel, titled "All That We See or Seem"! =)

If there is anything else you wish to know about me feel free to friend me on Facebook, or e-mail me!

More about Jana Boskey...