Start by marking “Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters” as Want to Read:
Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters

Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  567 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
A new generation is creating a monster....

Giselle and Ingrid are the twin daughters of Doctor Victor Frankenstein, but they are very different people, and when they inherit his castle in the Orkney Islands, Giselle dreams of holding parties and inviting society -- but Ingrid is fascinated by her father's forbidden experiments.
Published January 1st 2013 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters

Jon
Seen at Scott Reads It!
I knew I had to read Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters once I saw it. It was being marketed as a sequel to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and I just loved the idea! The problem with Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters is that it is poorily executed and it doesn't live up to it's potential.

It's extremely hard to like a book where you dislike all of the characters. Giselle is extremely superficial and too concerned with the way people view her.Does Giselle enjoy being abused? She is hur
Ferdy
2.5 stars — spoilers

This wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. There were some aspects that I enjoyed such as 1. The book being written in diary format 2. Two sisters (Giselle and Ingrid) taking turns narrating 3. How short it was 4. The slight eerie and gothic vibe 5. The mystery of Frankenstein and Giselle/Ingrid's father and 6. The setting on the quiet island.
I thought the contrast between Giselle and Ingrid was very cliched but it kind of worked for the story. Giselle was the beautiful, ou
Jessica
May 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
The best thing I can say about this book is that it reads quickly. If it had spent any time in between chapters reflecting on the book, I probably would have left it unfinished. But, I breezed through it, frequently scratching my head in puzzlement, as I turned to the next page.

So many weird glitches. From little anachronisms like the phrase "homemade bread," as if that was not the norm of the day. Oh and Castle Frankenstein is on the Orkney Islands. I guess that is from the MacFrankenstaihn si
Tarissa
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm amazed! I'm intrigued!

The story largely takes place in Scotland, home of the Frankenstein castle where his daughters, Ingrid and Giselle, have moved to. Once there, they discover more than they bargained for -- and start to find out a few too many things about their late father that they never knew. Ingrid Frankenstein even starts developing experiments of her own after much study of her father's work.

To complement the style of the original "Frankenstein" novel, this story unfolds between th
Dianne
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story follows the identical twin daughters of Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein, the man who created a creature from spare body parts. (Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley) As teens, they discover their birthright, inherit a castle owned by the late scientist they never knew. Deep under the castle, the girls find his laboratory.

The story is cleverly written in the form of journal entries made by each twin, using the manner of writing for the 19th century, giving the story even more depth!
Carrie
DNF 24%

I rarely rarely give up on a book and actually DNF it, but it was unavoidable with this one. I'm sad to say that it was boring and really not worth the time it would take to read it. I really wish it wasn't so because it sounded so good but it was so sleep inducing I just couldn't do it. Not even that the writing was not especially great either. Glad this was a library book.

Life is to short to read bad books.
Ian Wood
This is a rather abridged version of the review as it appears at my blog dedicated to reading, writing (no 'rithmatic!), movies, & TV. Blog reviews often contain links which are not reproduced here, nor will updates or modifications to the blog review be replicated here.

I rated this novel WARTY!

(Spoilers - well, not really. No one could spoil this novel any more than the author already did)

Here's a good rule of thumb by which to measure all pretenders to the throne of Mary Shelley (whether y
Emily Blake
*A copy was provided by Scholastic for review purposes*

I don’t think I’ve ever read a book like this one…and that is totally not a good thing. I haven’t ever read a book where I couldn’t figure out why on earth it was even written, but I have now. This book was POINTLESS! There was absolutely no reason to write this book, because hello! Books actually have a story line that goes somewhere. This one, however, didn’t. I really, really loved the idea and how it connected with the original Frankens
Mara
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cover Blurb: Yes or No? Despite the character impersonators, I actually do really like the cover. It's got the Gothic feel, with Giselle holding the candle, and Castle Frankenstein in the background with a full moon.

Characters: Giselle and Ingrid are practically opposites when it comes to their personalities. Ingrid is obsessed with science and discovering how things work; she could not care less about fancy dresses or what society expects. Giselle, meanwhile, is a social butterfly and hopes to
Midu Hadi
Giveaway! 1 4 Feb 24, 2013 12:45PM
Goodreads Librari...: Problem with editing 7 34 Jan 31, 2013 05:55PM
  • The Fire Horse Girl
  • Girls & Monsters
  • In Too Deep
  • Renegade (Ripper, #2)
  • Cinders & Sapphires (At Somerton, #1)
  • The Goddess's Choice (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #1)
  • 2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, #1)
  • Killing Rachel (The Murder Notebooks, #2)
  • Sanctuary
  • Chameleon: The Awakening (Book 1 of The Forest People)
  • Rebel Spirits
  • Tainted (Broken, #2)
  • Daniel at the Siege of Boston 1776 (Boys of Wartime)
  • The Battle for Princess Madeline
  • The Disappeared (The Disappeared #1)
  • Ripped
  • Winter's Warrior: Mark of the Monarch (Winter's Saga, #4)
  • Destined to Kill (Destined Novels, #1)
Suzanne Weyn grew up in Williston Park, Long Island, New York. She has three sisters and a brother. As a girl she was very interested in theater and in reading. Louisa May Alcott was her favorite author, but she also read every Sherlock Holmes story. Suzanne lived pretty close to the ocean and going to Jones Beach was one of her favorite activities Even today, if she goes too long without seeing t ...more
More about Suzanne Weyn...