Start by marking “Odd Interlude #1 (Odd Thomas, #4.1)” as Want to Read:
Odd Interlude #1 (Odd Thomas, #4.1)

Odd Interlude #1

(Odd Thomas #4.1)

Leading up to the highly anticipated arrival of Odd Apocalypse this summer, catch up with Odd Thomas in Odd Interlude, a special three-part eBook series by #1 bestselling master of suspense Dean Koontz! Here is the spine-tingling 70-page first installment of this super-charged stand-alone Odd adventure.

THERE’S ROOM AT THE INN. BUT YOU MIGHT NOT GET OUT.

Nestled on a lon
Published June 11th 2012 by Random House Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Odd Interlude #1, please sign up.
John If you click on the series name and number next to the book title (in parenthesis and gray) you'll get a listing of the books in the series and their …moreIf you click on the series name and number next to the book title (in parenthesis and gray) you'll get a listing of the books in the series and their order.(less)

Start your review of Odd Interlude #1 (Odd Thomas, #4.1)
Casey Raehtz
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it
After years of reading anything written by Dean Koontz I've gotten tired of his excessive writing style. I'm not sure if my reading tastes have matured or if I've just started to notice now, but I found myself skipping entire paragraphs in this story just so I could get back to the plot.
Kevin Neilson
May 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
I found myself delayed in the airport with all of my books exhausted and was forced to buy a book in the terminal. These are the options I had: Michael Crichton novels, somehow written since he died; teen vampire romances; teen werewolf romances; adult western romances; smut; and Dean Koontz. I should've gone with the teen werewolf romances. I'd never read Dean Koontz. He appears to have written this book in two hours with not much of a plan. Important characters introduced in the first chapter ...more
Barry Simiana
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ahh, Mr Koontz. Have you been reading my mind (and many others in the mix) or finally recieving the messages i have been psychically sending you for years. Tho I will try to keep them brief, potential spoilers ahead.

Odd Thomas is back in a three part Ebook series before the release of the long awaited Odd Apocalypse. I have the three issues and have finished number 1, and as always I must say I AM HOOKED. And for more than just the reason of the wandering fry cook. Dean has returned to - what I
Cristian Marrero
Jun 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
I have to give up reading this Odd series. Very little dialogue and it keeps on dragging with back ground detail. Not a fan.
Chris
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Odd Thomas MUST read this three-part Odd Thomas novella series, leading up to the late July release of Odd Apocalypse. #2 and #3 will be released a week apart, which #1 having been released last week. These are only available as ebooks, folks! But what makes this #1 novella exciting as hell for Koontz fans is that our would-be and sometimes reluctant hero finds himself in the midst of another horrendous mystery, drawn to the tiny community of Harmony Corners, right outside of Moonlight B ...more
Mandy
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
**This review covers Odd Interlude #1, #2, and #3**

I love Odd Thomas. Seriously, if Stormy Llewellyn were still alive, she'd probably shoot me point blank for how much I love her man. The only thing that might keep her from blowing my face apart is learning how much I adore HER, as well. Over the past few books, Odd (or Koontz, if you want to get technical) has kept her memory vivid and sweetly painful. It's strange, we all love Odd, but not many of us would be horrified to see him die in action
Christine
Mar 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
After quite a hiatus with the Odd Thomas books Mr. Koontz seems to be cranking them out fast and furious over the past year. (I believe another is being released in the not too distant future) As the title suggests this book is an “interlude”, time-wise falling somewhere between the last two books. I understand that these books are supposed to be Odd’s memoirs but it can be a little confusing when he refers to a future event, that the reader has already read about.

This “interlude" takes place in
Monica Miller
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I haven't read Odd Thomas in such a long time, and man, coming back to him is as nice as ever.

I've read so many books, a lot of Young Adult or books starring teenagers or new adults, but Odd Thomas is by far the nicest character I've read.

He's so damn polite, so self-righteous without being annoying, and so inspiring. He's been through hell (not literally, at least yet), but he's still focused on doing the right thing, on being selfless, and helping everyone.

Being a short novella made it easier
Jeremy
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in the series, Odd Hours, referenced "Mystery Train" and Fort Wyvern from the Moonlight Bay series which made me hope that Koontz might write another book with Christopher Snow as a main character. He hasn't yet, and I don't think this is much of a spoiler since it was hinted at in the last book, but Odd Interlude references Moonlight Bay in a much bigger way. I've only finished part 1 and now I have the second part on hold through the library, but because of the cliffhanger end ...more
Angela
Jul 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I've tried reading Koontz before and didn't really care for it, but I thought I would give this a try since it was a short read. Maybe I'm too impatient but I was just ready for the story to get to the point.
Angela
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I love when there is a serialized version of a novel. Reminds me of the historical serials from the 1800's Odd Thomas is fleeing from one adventure and gets slap dashed into another one
Edward Lorn
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I almost want to go back and lower my five-star rating on Odd Thomas and Brother Odd because of these ebook tie-ins. Quite honestly, they are better than the original book. I will try and do them justice in three separate reviews, beginning here with Odd Interlude #1.

First and foremost, you do not need to read Odd Interlude to continue with the Odd Thomas storyline, but if you choose to skip them (hopping from Odd Hours directly into Odd Apocalypse) you will be missing out on some of the best st
wally
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
this title is a bit...ummmm, deceptive, as there are, what? 3-4 odd thomas stories that precede this one? and...i'd hazard that reading this one before the other'n-s could lead to spoilers...the dreaded spoiler. be cautious...be very cautious.

odd interlude #1 an odd thomas story
i've read so many of koontz's stories, have enjoyed all of them, some more so than others, and his odd thomas stories are really good. odd is an easy character to like, so unpretentious, except when he's pretending, and e
Josh
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, kindle, own, read_2012
"Harmony Corner (is) not precisely a prison and not in scope (of) an empire, but a pocket universe akin to a primitive island on which a god carved of stone demands absolute obedience, with the difference that this false deity is capable of brutally enforcing its demands."

'Odd Interlude #1' serves as little more than a partial rest-stop on the way to 'Odd Apocalypse'. The story itself centres around a mysterious entity that has hold of the inhabitants of a roadside outpost, making them do its bi
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This is a good start to what seems to be a pretty good addition to the Odd Thomas series. This is only part 1 of 3 of the story but I'm liking it so far. In this story, Odd and Annmarie stop at a place for the night that rents cottages. This takes place mere hours after the end of book #4 and the only reason they stop is because Odd has a pull to do his thing. As this part ends, Odd is just beginning to get some idea of what he's dealing with. There's actually a bit of a cross-over fr
Meredith Kaupp
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Poor Odd, not even a day off from saving the world and he is in the middle of another mystery. I love this series. I'm really glad I waited until all three parts were out before I started, making this pre-release more of a mini-novel than a short story.

Oh, and I think I need to reread the Christopher Snow books after the shout out to his town. I wonder if Odd and Christopher are going to end up having an adventure together?!?! They would be a great team. :)
Jim C
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
The 1st part of a 3 short story trilogy. It takes place between the 4th and 5th book of the Odd Thomas series. This is a very quick read and you will need the next part as this just ends with no conclusion. I liked this. Odd is once again in the midst of evil and he feels it is his job to eradicate it. Koontz does a very good job of setting up the evil and you are engrossed right away into this short story. This is a welcome addition to the series.
Ellen Thielen
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just finished all 3 of this series. I am a fan of Dean Koontz, and of the Odd Thomas character. In this case.. don't bother. The story is broken up into 3 parts even though it isn't necessary. It starts with good character development and a an interesting storyline. Then it veers so wildly into the supernatural that it's ridiculous...
Adriana Noir
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first part of this novella. The writing here was much more quick, fluid, and quirky than Odd Apocalypse. Much more reminiscent of the Dean Koontz and Odd Thomas that I've grown to love. (Thank goodness for that!) My only complaint is it left off with a killer cliffhanger, ensuring you want to read the next one ASAP!
T.E. George
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
I can't help it; I'm a sucker for Odd Thomas. After what I considered a confusing 77 Shadow Street it's good to see Koontz back in stride with this novella. Excellent movement between POV and build toward a certain showdown at the end.
Amy (DemonKittie)
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013, kindle
I don't know where this story is going, but I love it. Odd Thomas is a great character, and written very well. Here he ends up meeting the Harmony family and they are being possessed by something and held prisoner by it. This is the first of three and off to a good start.
Matt
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
A great start and a few connections to the Moonlight Bay books (Fear Nothing & Seize the Night). good stuff. I can't wait till parts 2 & 3. ...more
Karen
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok

This one got a lot of good reviews, however I had a hard time getting into it until almost at the end. Perhaps if i had read some of the prior novels this book would have made more sense.
Mary
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz, spiritual, mystery
Another absurd (in a good way!) Odd Thomas book in this series. Full of suspense, gross monsters, great characters, Koontz humor and spiritual pearls of wisdom. I enjoyed it a lot.
Lunarbabee
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved all three of these novellas! Odd is one of my favorite series and I was super excited about the mention of Moon Light Bay. I hope there is a cross over in the future.
Laura Speer
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
Odd Thomas continues his efforts to save the world.
Filipa
I loved the plot! Very excited to read the other two parts.
Jackie Gill
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Odd Interlude is listed as Book 4.1 or 4.5. It is a special branch off of the series. Really, the way it is now packaged, it is another book in the series and is much better than Books 2 and 3. The most disappointing part of this book is the introduction of Annamaria. While her introduction in this book is mysterious and seems to have promise, the reader is just let down later. Her purpose and significance doesn't really develop much throughout the rest of the series. She is pretty much a pointl ...more
Sarah Davalt
I picked this up as a side book because my BOTM read is so quick, I do the weeks reading in one day, and I had finished NNCC this month already. I had recently bought the latest book in the series for my husband, and I want to get caught up so I could read it.
I guess this book was originally presented as a 3-part series of eBook mini installments. It picks up the same night as the end of Odd Hours, Odd and Annamarie are driving to Santa Barbara after fleeing Magic Beach when they stop at a small
Andy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thus far, Koontz has established a pattern of strong odd-numbered stories and less-phenomenal even-numbered stories. By the count (and chronological story order), I treat this as Book 5 instead of 4.1 - sorry about the confusing book math.

Par for the course, this is another fast-paced Odd story that ramps up pretty quickly in the beginning and fires all the way through at that pace. Amazingly, we not only get a decent amount of character development, but the characters we do meet, we know intima
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Annamaria - Physical Description 6 39 Nov 19, 2013 04:43AM

• Shifting Skin (DI Jon Spicer, #2)
  • Escape from Virtual Island
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves Private Investigator Crime Thriller series Book 1)
  • Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set (Sookie Stackhouse, #1-8)
  • The Alpha Plague
  • Reservation with Death (The Park Hotel Mysteries #1)
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 7: Batmen Eternal
  • The Turtle Boy (Timmy Quinn #1)
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 6: Fall of the Batmen
  • Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Storm Surge
  • The Girl and the Witch's Garden
  • The Imperfects
  • Zombie Makers: True Stories of Nature's Undead
  • Kindle Paperwhite User's Guide, 11th Edition
  • Kindle Paperwhite User's Guide, 17th Edition
  • Batman & the Signal
  • Cold Echo (Harry Hope #1)

Dean, the author of many #1 New York Times bes

Odd Thomas (7 books)
  • Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1)
  • Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2)
  • Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3)
  • Odd Hours (Odd Thomas, #4)
  • Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5)
  • Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas, #6)
  • Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)