Start by marking “Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)

Unbreakable Bond

(Jamie Bond #1)

Her name is Bond. Jamie Bond. And her life is about to be shaken and stirred in a cocktail of sex, lies, scandal, and one very dead body.

Jamie Bond is a former cover model who switches gears to take over the family business: The Bond Agency, a high-powered P.I. firm located in Los Angeles that specializes in domestic espionage - catching cheating husbands. Jamie's assembl
Published June 2012 by Gemma Halliday

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable Bond

Start your review of Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)
Jacob Proffitt
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
While the characters make zero sense and none of this story could have happened in an actual world with rules and regulations and laws and stuff, at least the mystery turned out mildly interesting. I mean, Jamie is pretty dumb for a P.I. and the ADA seems to have never heard of "motive" as an element in crime and don't even get me started on her "dad". So I was actually a little surprised that the mystery actually held together. It made sense and everything. It was only everything around it that ...more
Colleen
3 Stars

Unbreakable Bond was a fun, light read although not particularly original. It was sort of Charlie's Angels meets One for the Money. The Charlie's Angels aspect because the story was about some beautiful women working as private investigators. The Stephanie Plum angle because they were not very good at their jobs and mostly survived on luck.

Jamie Bond (yeah, eye-roll at the name) a former supermodel, took over her father's Private Eye business and hired a group of her friends (all also fo
Vivian
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I appreciated the attempt. It could have been...cute? But any cuteness was completely overshadowed by a more then improbable plot, and a heroine who makes the most elementary of mistakes (and being a PI only made them worse--she bordered on too stupid to live syndrome). It's a good thing she lives in such an impossible world where you can escape a courtroom, punch prosecutors in the face, and shoot people without consequences.
Mitch
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Unbreakable Bond just lacks all the usual hallmarks of a great Gemma Halliday, the quick wit, the hilarious dialogue, the over the top fun. Sure, book's still light and quick, but the summary's more fun than the actual story, and Jamie Bond's investigative capers just don't compare with Halliday's usual heroines. What's left is a rather average murder mystery that, while likeable, features the same recycled stuff I've seen plenty of times before.

Jamie Bond, as model turned PI, has a great back-s
Tricia
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm wavering between 2 & 3 stars for this one. Usually Gemma Halliday's books get 3 or more stars from me because I love her books! However, this one was different for me, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not sure exactly what wasn't right, but I just had a hard time finishing it. Usually, I have a hard time putting her books down! If this was my first Gemma Halliday book, I might would have enjoyed it more, but since it's not, I feel its lacking her usual recipe of awesomeness! ...more
Elaine
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, thank you Gemma!! And Jennifer!! I loved this book. I hope this is beginning of a great series of books. I can see this going many different places with all the players from this book, but mainly Jamie, Danny and Aiden. Also loved the father daughter relationship with Derek and Jamie. Really enjoyed the courtroom drama/if you want to call it that. As expected, anything from Gemma is worth your time and is going to be joy in the process. Thank you ladies.
Trish
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery readers
Recommended to Trish by: Book Bub
I've read other books by Gemma Halliday so when this one became available as a free kindle download I didn't hesitate to grab it. It did not disappoint and in fact, I quite liked it better than her spying in high heels series. Well done, nice mystery, although I thought it was obvious and was slightly disappointed that Jamie didn't consider the person as a suspect all along.
Rita Sheppard
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun murder mystery story full of great characters like James "Jamie" Bond, her employees Sam, Maya, and Carleigh, swinging friend Danny, and her ageless father Derek.

Jamie runs head on into tight, dangerous, and sometimes comical situations while trying to prove her innocence in the murder of her client's cheating husband.

I look forward to reading more books in this series.
Linda Lonetto
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this new series by gemma. jaime is "model"beautiful(literally)but has a sharp mind and wit to go with it. add to this a few more gorge girls and original cincept on p.i. work and you have a prescription for yep,murder.this will be a very interesting new series linda l
Cindy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I was hoping for more of a Shelby Nichols or Stephanie Plum type book. The story started out way slow and I can’t say I really like any of the characters. But the mystery turned out to be pretty good. I am going to give #2 a try.
Beth
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Stacy
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great characters. Great start to a series. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Unbreakable Bond is the first Gemma Halliday book that I've read. And it was cute. It would be a good book to read on an airplane. If you weren't already reading something else. It's light and fluffy and fun with absolutely ZERO substance. Anything you could want to know about the plot is in the summary.

Personally, if I'm in the mood for this kind of book, I'd rather read Janet Evanovich or Tiffany Snow, but I'll give Gemma Halliday another shot. I'm pretty sure I have another book of hers on m
Swathy
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites-p
I thought this was a perfect book for a quick read. James "Jamie" Bond is a runway model turned P.I. What I liked best was the witty and charming characters, the unexpected turn of events and the small sparks of romance.

Gemma Halliday never fails to disappoint her readers (especially me) with her writing. Can't wait for the next book!!!
Ruthie
James (Jamie) Bond is the owner/operator of the family PI firm. In this book she is framed for a murder. I love the way Gemma Halliday writes. Her stories are fun and light. I'll be looking forward to the next book in this series.
Arwen Norman
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

Great beach read. If you like Stephanie Plum, you'll love Jamie Bond.
Trisha Gagnon
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mystery
I really enjoy Gemma Halliday. This book was a bit more serious than her high heeled mysteries. Not as funny, but a bit more realistic. Still a very enjoyable read.
Beth Yarnall
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I ordered the next in the series as soon as I finished. Great cast of characters and terrific author voice. Just a lot of fun.
Julie
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Another series from the Halliday stables and it looks like it is another winner!

Jamie Bond has left the world of modelling (after all as soon as she hit 25 she was past it!), she has taken over the PI business her father set up and with some other former models lives a life tracking down straying husbands! They need a big payment/client to ensure that they all keep their jobs so when a Judge's wife comes to find out if he is straying they jump at the job.  So far so good, yes he is easily distra
Suzie Quint
Sep 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
The voice in this story is good. That's what got me to 40% before I DNFd. Because really. "he lied down"? And there was at least one other grammar error that made me wonder if English was not her first language. So why didn't she hire a good editor?

And although she presents a logical progression of thought, some of the facts don't hold up. What stationary manufacturer has the names of everyone who bought a particular stationary design? And if they do (which they might if they only sold online),
Donna
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Fun book, great characters

I liked this book. The characters were interesting. The setting is an all woman PI firm that focuses on catching cheaters. For this book it was fun and moved fast. The main character is getting set up. There is lots of action which moves from place to place introducing characters, world building and moving the mystery along. There are teaser chapters for the next book. They give you enough to want to try book 2. I will say that I don't know if I want to always read case
Bruce
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm Shaken and Stirred!

I admit I did feel a twinge of disappointment: No international espionage in this Bond tale. But I got over it fast as I read on about Jamie Bond, L.A. P.I.. W.O.W.! I am now hooked on this talented young sleuth and her crew. This Unbreakable fast-moving tale of infidelity, murder, hot bodies and hotter minds, had me unable to stop flipping the pages until I reached the happy ending. Even happier, there are more books in this Bond series for me to investigate. Ladies, pour
Jay Williams
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had promise to be witty and humorous as it follows the adventures of James Bond, the female private detective. The characters were interesting and somewhat humorous. The style of writing was simple and clear. The book involved a murder investigation which began as Jamie was set up as the murderer of a prominent judge. The case itself was pedestrian. The wife turned out to be the murderer. The only excitement came as Jamie realized her best friend was helping the police locate her. This ...more
Sandra
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is such a perfect blend of mystery and humor that hooked me from the first moment. Adventures of Jamie and the girls will have you laugh out loud while they try to figure out who killed the judge and framed Jamie. Add a few quirky characters, dash of romance and you have all the ingredients of fantastic read.
Jo-Ann Carson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Gemma Halliday book I've read and I was so impressed. Her writing is tight and funny. The mystery was unpredictable and the whole story delightful. I loved every minute of it. I'll be reading a lot more of her books. They remind me a bit of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, but Halliday has her own, strong voice. Loved it. Can't say it enough. Loved it.
Barbara Fricks
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good cozy

I have read a few books by Gemma and always enjoy them. I felt this story was a tad unbelievable even for a cozy. Regardless, it was a good start to a new series and I look forward to reading more future books about James Bond.
Jean
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

I have had this book on my to read list for a while and I finally got to it. This was an ok book with action, mystery and some humor in it. It was good for the price (free when I got it) but I don't think I will continue the series.
Karen Rowe
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James Bond

Good book.
This would be a great TV series.
All female, former models PI Agency. Funny and no nonsense. All of the agents are smart.

Looking forward to get reading the next book in the series.

The main character reminds me of Sophie Katz.
MEMG
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and quick. Want to read more cause the story is not finished
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Killer Cocktail: Patricia Fisher Mysteries 2.5 (A Humorous Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery)
  • Inn Over Her Head (Dusky Cove B&B Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Maggie and the Black-Tie Affair (Carita Cove #1)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • Merit Badge Murder (Merry Wrath, #1)
  • No Questions Asked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #12)
  • Death on the Range (Target Practice Mysteries #1)
  • Mint Cookie Murder (Merry Wrath, #2)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)
  • A Tough Case to Crack (Nuts About Nuts Mystery #1)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Virtually Scared To Death (Julia Blake Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Christmas Presence (Haunted Everly After #3)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5)
  • What Sam Knew (Patricia Fisher Mystery Adventures Book 1)
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels

Jamie Bond (6 books)
  • Secret Bond (Jamie Bond, #2)
  • Lethal Bond (Jamie Bond, #3)
  • Dangerous Bond (Jamie Bond, #4)
  • Fatal Bond (Jamie Bond Mysteries Book 5)
  • Deadly Bond (Jamie Bond #6)

News & Interviews