Start by marking “Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)

Unbreakable Bond

(Jamie Bond #1)

Her name is Bond. Jamie Bond. And her life is about to be shaken and stirred in a cocktail of sex, lies, scandal, and one very dead body.

Jamie Bond is a former cover model who switches gears to take over the family business: The Bond Agency, a high-powered P.I. firm located in Los Angeles that specializes in domestic espionage - catching cheating husbands. Jamie's assembl
Published June 2012 by Gemma Halliday

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable Bond

Jacob Proffitt
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
While the characters make zero sense and none of this story could have happened in an actual world with rules and regulations and laws and stuff, at least the mystery turned out mildly interesting. I mean, Jamie is pretty dumb for a P.I. and the ADA seems to have never heard of "motive" as an element in crime and don't even get me started on her "dad". So I was actually a little surprised that the mystery actually held together. It made sense and everything. It was only everything around it that ...more
Colleen
3 Stars

Unbreakable Bond was a fun, light read although not particularly original. It was sort of Charlie's Angels meets One for the Money. The Charlie's Angels aspect because the story was about some beautiful women working as private investigators. The Stephanie Plum angle because they were not very good at their jobs and mostly survived on luck.

Jamie Bond (yeah, eye-roll at the name) a former supermodel, took over her father's Private Eye business and hired a group of her friends (all also fo
Mitch
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Unbreakable Bond just lacks all the usual hallmarks of a great Gemma Halliday, the quick wit, the hilarious dialogue, the over the top fun. Sure, book's still light and quick, but the summary's more fun than the actual story, and Jamie Bond's investigative capers just don't compare with Halliday's usual heroines. What's left is a rather average murder mystery that, while likeable, features the same recycled stuff I've seen plenty of times before.

Jamie Bond, as model turned PI, has a great back-s
Tricia
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm wavering between 2 & 3 stars for this one. Usually Gemma Halliday's books get 3 or more stars from me because I love her books! However, this one was different for me, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not sure exactly what wasn't right, but I just had a hard time finishing it. Usually, I have a hard time putting her books down! If this was my first Gemma Halliday book, I might would have enjoyed it more, but since it's not, I feel its lacking her usual recipe of awesomenes ...more
Elaine
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, thank you Gemma!! And Jennifer!! I loved this book. I hope this is beginning of a great series of books. I can see this going many different places with all the players from this book, but mainly Jamie, Danny and Aiden. Also loved the father daughter relationship with Derek and Jamie. Really enjoyed the courtroom drama/if you want to call it that. As expected, anything from Gemma is worth your time and is going to be joy in the process. Thank you ladies.
Rita Sheppard
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun murder mystery story full of great characters like James "Jamie" Bond, her employees Sam, Maya, and Carleigh, swinging friend Danny, and her ageless father Derek.

Jamie runs head on into tight, dangerous, and sometimes comical situations while trying to prove her innocence in the murder of her client's cheating husband.

I look forward to reading more books in this series.
Trish
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery readers
Recommended to Trish by: Book Bub
I've read other books by Gemma Halliday so when this one became available as a free kindle download I didn't hesitate to grab it. It did not disappoint and in fact, I quite liked it better than her spying in high heels series. Well done, nice mystery, although I thought it was obvious and was slightly disappointed that Jamie didn't consider the person as a suspect all along.
Linda Lonetto
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this new series by gemma. jaime is "model"beautiful(literally)but has a sharp mind and wit to go with it. add to this a few more gorge girls and original cincept on p.i. work and you have a prescription for yep,murder.this will be a very interesting new series linda l
Cindy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I was hoping for more of a Shelby Nichols or Stephanie Plum type book. The story started out way slow and I can’t say I really like any of the characters. But the mystery turned out to be pretty good. I am going to give #2 a try.
Beth
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Unbreakable Bond is the first Gemma Halliday book that I've read. And it was cute. It would be a good book to read on an airplane. If you weren't already reading something else. It's light and fluffy and fun with absolutely ZERO substance. Anything you could want to know about the plot is in the summary.

Personally, if I'm in the mood for this kind of book, I'd rather read Janet Evanovich or Tiffany Snow, but I'll give Gemma Halliday another shot. I'm pretty sure I have another book of hers on m
Vivian
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I appreciated the attempt. It could have been...cute? But any cuteness was completely overshadowed by a more then improbable plot, and a heroine who makes the most elementary of mistakes (and being a PI only made them worse--she bordered on too stupid to live syndrome). It's a good thing she lives in such an impossible world where you can escape a courtroom, punch prosecutors in the face, and shoot people without consequences.
Swathy
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites-p
I thought this was a perfect book for a quick read. James "Jamie" Bond is a runway model turned P.I. What I liked best was the witty and charming characters, the unexpected turn of events and the small sparks of romance.

Gemma Halliday never fails to disappoint her readers (especially me) with her writing. Can't wait for the next book!!!
Ruthie
James (Jamie) Bond is the owner/operator of the family PI firm. In this book she is framed for a murder. I love the way Gemma Halliday writes. Her stories are fun and light. I'll be looking forward to the next book in this series.
Arwen Norman
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

Great beach read. If you like Stephanie Plum, you'll love Jamie Bond.
Beth Yarnall
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I ordered the next in the series as soon as I finished. Great cast of characters and terrific author voice. Just a lot of fun.
Trisha Gagnon
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mystery
I really enjoy Gemma Halliday. This book was a bit more serious than her high heeled mysteries. Not as funny, but a bit more realistic. Still a very enjoyable read.
Sandra
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is such a perfect blend of mystery and humor that hooked me from the first moment. Adventures of Jamie and the girls will have you laugh out loud while they try to figure out who killed the judge and framed Jamie. Add a few quirky characters, dash of romance and you have all the ingredients of fantastic read.
Jo-Ann Carson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Gemma Halliday book I've read and I was so impressed. Her writing is tight and funny. The mystery was unpredictable and the whole story delightful. I loved every minute of it. I'll be reading a lot more of her books. They remind me a bit of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, but Halliday has her own, strong voice. Loved it. Can't say it enough. Loved it.
Jean
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

I have had this book on my to read list for a while and I finally got to it. This was an ok book with action, mystery and some humor in it. It was good for the price (free when I got it) but I don't think I will continue the series.
Karen Rowe
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James Bond

Good book.
This would be a great TV series.
All female, former models PI Agency. Funny and no nonsense. All of the agents are smart.

Looking forward to get reading the next book in the series.

The main character reminds me of Sophie Katz.
Barbara Fricks
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good cozy

I have read a few books by Gemma and always enjoy them. I felt this story was a tad unbelievable even for a cozy. Regardless, it was a good start to a new series and I look forward to reading more future books about James Bond.
Tim Hays
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. Decent plot. Interesting characters. I imagine if it was televised, Corbin Bernstein would play Derek, the investigation firm's founder and aging ladies man.
Janis Hass
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertainment at its best!
Maria
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Totally would read again.
Cherie Marchi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice fun beach read. I'll read the rest of the series
Darrell
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This was a fun read with a good main character, with many more thrown in .
I will read more of this series as it was funny and adventurous !
Gracie Boissel
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book.
Nancy
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A super fun read

Adultery, murder, and a sexy new ADA has Jamie Bond in a hot mess.
Mixed with intrigue and an ending you'll never see icing.
hana
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: od, 1st
The story started out way slow and I don't like the characters. But the mystery turned out to be pretty good.
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • Resurrection
  • Sacred Secrets (Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • The Price of Candy (Sandy Reid Mysteries, #2)
  • T
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Dying to Get Published (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #1)
  • Change of Heart (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #6)
  • Clearwater Journals
  • Wedding Day of Murder (Lacy Steele Mysteries, Book 6)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mysteries Book 2)
  • Reflections of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #3)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Jane Carver of Waar (Jane Carver, #1)
  • Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel (Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • Dropping the Dime (Miranda Vaughn Mysteries Book 2)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne, #1)
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels

Jamie Bond (5 books)
  • Secret Bond (Jamie Bond, #2)
  • Lethal Bond (Jamie Bond, #3)
  • Dangerous Bond (Jamie Bond, #4)
  • Fatal Bond (Jamie Bond Mysteries Book 5)