Start by marking “Summer School” as Want to Read:
Summer School

Summer School

Jeremy Decker’s recent split with his long-distance boyfriend has left him lonely with a mountain of debt. His only practical source of extra cash is to teach summer school, even if it means teaching history—not easy for an English teacher. To support him, the school hires Lucas Van Sloan, a much-younger college history student.

Lucas, with his swimmer’s physique and optim
ebook, Reprint, 143 pages
Published August 14th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Summer School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer School

Ami
Tam Ames's characters are usually likeable; their conversation easy and light. This one has that too. I like how Lucas, the younger one, is the one with the determination and possesiveness. It's cute. Jeremy doesn't really stand a chance with him. I like his optimism too. Jeremy is also cute when he is so very grumpy in the beginning. Though I can imagine the heat making him crazy.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit put off with a number the clichés in the sexual scenes (jerk-off while showering, the manua
Tami
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
The two stars are solely for hotness.

This has very little story or development. Two guys, instantly attracted. And then the smexy starts. And continures. And never ends.

It did not have any turns, any recognizable plot, just two hot guys getting hot and heavy together. And falling in love, moving in together and live happily ever after...
Steph
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Tam Ames and it was an absolute delight to read. The writing was seamless, switching between the two points of view effortlessly.

The storyline was great.
Jeremy and Lucas meet at Summer school. Jeremy is an English Teacher having to work in a summer school to pay off his credit card debts. And worst of all, he has to teach history, which is not his strong suit at all. This is where Lucas comes in.
Lucas is hired to be Jeremy's assistant for the summer. Helping him with
Christy
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, arc
What interested me right off the bat when reading the description was an English teacher that didn't like History. Really? Usually those two subjects kind of go hand in hand, at least from what I remember of English Lit class. So, naturally, I wanted to read it if there was something a little off about it! Plus the title just made me think of the movie by the same name starring very hot Mark Harmon. Of course, if the movie had been a yummy gay romance then perhaps our world would have evolved fa ...more
Nic
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
A nice enough story as Jeremy and Lucas find love while working together at Summer School.

Jeremy is not looking forward to the summer. He is getting over a long term relationship with an older man who did a number on his heart. He has ended up in debt and therefore finds himself teaching history instead of relaxing over the summer.

Lucas is excitedly looking forward to his summer as teacher assistant "Finally, he had a job he could put on his resume that didn't suggest the phrase "I look great i
Anke
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Started on my flight to Atlanta for GRL!

Yes, this was a very nice read. Give me another book of this author any day - like her writing very much. And if I may make a wish: perhaps a full novel???
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
3 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

Jeremy tried everything he could to make it work with his long distance relationship. Sadly catching his man in bed with a twink on one of his surprise visits put an end to his hard work. Jeremy has racked up his credit cards with trips to visit his ex and now it’s time to pay up. So, he takes a summer school job teaching history. A subject he’s not remotely qualified to teach. Luckily for him the school provides an intern who does know his history.

L
Lucy
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
One of the biggest things you can take away from this book is that hiding who you really are, or what you really want, just hurts everyone. Had David been more open, maybe they would have saved so much heartache.

Jeremy is having a terrible summer, and he has to teach summer school. He has broken up with his long-time boyfriend due to infidelity (which David denies sex was involved but I can see where Jeremy would believe it cheating), he has a huge credit card debt to pay off from visiting Davi
Deeze
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
A sweet little story.

I was kinda hoping for more drama with the Ex but this was more focussed on Lucas and Jeremy. Their falling in love was sweet and well timed.

A bit to much padding with the sex but overall a quick romantic fix.
Tutu
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

Quite an enjoyable read. It was light, no great amount of angst and sweet where it should have been.Didn't really worm up to Jeremy but I really liked Lucas. He was pushy and determined and lovable...everything Jeremy should have been but wasn't .
Teresa
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book left me feeling happy. I enjoyed both characters and liked how they complimented each other. I also like that the taller, older man wasn't the dominant partner, although Jeremy had his strengths too. All in all it was a fun, easy read.
Katy Beth Mckee
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Sweet romantic tale that lets you know that summer school can be a lot of fun at least for the teachers.
Riina Y.T.
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Had this on my kindle for years and finally remembered I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

Sadly, this turned out to be a little boring....

I do love Tam Ames and her characters were fun, as always, but the story lacked a bit of entertainment, to be honest. It has a lot of really delicious sex though, just a little too much of it.

Recommended if you like it easy, light-hearted and hot n sexy.
Amneris Di Cesare
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Despite all those negative reviews I liked it. It was a short nice and funny novel and the attraction between the two MC is a good one, solid and real. It was a nice short reading. Wished to read more about them thou.
Crownoyami
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I really enjoyed reading this and finished it in a day ^^ While Jeremy seems to eventually grow a spine I would have enjoyed seeing a bit more character development from Lucas. Still a well-written book and a good read.
Cryselle
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-75, silver
3.75

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... Oh yeah, Dickens did get that line first, but it does apply to the summer session where Jeremy’s teaching a subject he’s woefully unprepared for, and Lucas is getting his first real experience in his field. They’re approaching the session from completely opposite mindsets.

Jeremy’s coming off a bad breakup—his long distance lover had more going on in the area than Jeremy could tolerate, although he made a frantic last ditch effort to salv
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Jeremy is not looking forward to the summer; he has just split with his boyfriend, has huge credit card debts and is teaching summer school. And to top it all off, his A/C breaks in the middle of a heat wave. Things begin to look up when Lucas starts as his assistant. But, Jeremy tries to keep his distance as Lucas is eight years younger than him. Lucas doesn’t care about age, he just cares about the hot sexy
Janna

~~~~~
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Heat level: 2 out of 3 flames
~~~~~

The back blurb summarizes the plot of Summer School quite accurately. The story is told from both heroes' alternating POVs in a clipped and clear writing style. The sentences flow nicely and the information is handed out in a rather high speed. So, you have to pay attention or else you miss a change
Lisa The Novel Approach
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I liked getting to know these two men as individuals and as a couple. The internal dialogues were wonderful and their sex was off the charts. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great romance mixed in with their angst. So give Jeremy and Lucas a try and you might just find that you liked them as much as I did.

You can read the rest of Jackie's review at The Novel Approach
Meggie
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This story was definitely annoying, at least for me. Jeremy's behaviour at the start was bitchy and rude. I really didn't like him in first half of a story. When Jeremy behaved like a gloomy rainy day, Lucas behaved like a sunny beautiful day. Somehow I really couldn't sympathise with Jeremy's past with David.
Dutchgirl
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great read, not to long but not to short either. Both main characters are likeable. I loved it that the younger guy was the more dominant one.

Just a fun sweet read with no angst. I recommend this book!
Sid
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Read my detailed review on: The Blog of Sid Love
Tam
Jun 27, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This story is being re-issued by Dreamspinner Press in late summer 2013. It will be available in e-book format at that time.
jules0623
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Never really warmed up to Jeremy, but Lucas was cute. Lots of sex and building up to sex and only a little plot.
Sally halliday
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved it very sweet and sexy
Rachel Emily
Pretty good short read. It took me a while to warm up to Jeremy but I loved Lucas.
Simone
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Erin
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-romance
What a sweet story! Not too long or complicated, just a short, sweet story! I enjoyed it, and need to see what else Tam Ames has written.
Marlobo
2,5 stars
Anita
Sep 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a single mom to a great 23 year old daughter, and I have a full-time job as well. I started reading m/m romance about 10 years ago, then went to reviewing and then writing.

Some dares and prompting of friends led me to the role of author and they've always been my biggest cheerleaders.

You can contact me at tam.ames01@gmail.com
“That had been David’s motto apparently. He’d never even suggested Jeremy try S&M or B&D or LMNOP. Whatever the hell it was called. Good thing, he supposed, since while he was all about “whatever floats your boat,” he was certainly vanilla in the sex department; maybe butterscotch ripple, but definitely not rocky road” 0 likes