Start by marking “Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #3)

Beauty Never Dies

(The Grimm Diaries Prequels #3)

Peter Pan has a plan. Since it's been hundred years since his friends were all cursed by the Brothers Grimm, he is about to wake up Sleeping Beauty, his eternal lover. Oops, you didn't know that. Blame it on the Grimms.

But in the middle of the ceremony, he is visited by the Evil Queen who manipulates him into helping her with information about Snow White. This or she will
Published June 20th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Never Dies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty Never Dies

Bailey
What do Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Dracula, The Hunchback, and the Evil Queen have in common?

Apparently a lot.

In this one we get an entry by Peter Pan, who does not like writing in a diary but does anyways cause his day was AWESOME. What does he like? Sleeping Beauty (his lovaaaa) and young girls.
I wouldn't let those two vulgar creatures ride next to me. My passenger seat is reserved for beautiful teen girls.

I get that Peter Pan is the boy who never grew up, so technically its okay for him
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I think this is possibly my favourite of the lot as we get to see a different side to Peter Pan, this story follows him on his quest to help the one he loves - Sleeping Beauty - awaken again. This story is probably also the funniest of the lot as we get to meet Dracula too who isn't exactly the fearing Vampire we all know and love. We also meet The Evil Queen yet again and she helps to bring anoth
Lisa
Jun 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
"Peter Pan has a plan. Since it's been hundred year since they were all cursed by the Brothers Grimm, he is about to wake up Sleeping Beauty, his eternal lover. Oops, you didn't know that. Blame it on the Grimms."

What?! Peter Pan has nothing to do with Grimms Fairy Tales! I don't approve of this.

description
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
Great story from the Grimm Diaries Prequel series. Peter Pan wasn't in the original Grimm books, at least as far as I remember, but this was a great story.
J.N.
Dec 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
***This review contains spoilers. Read at YOUR own risk***

I bought the Grimm Diaries Prequels on Amazon because they sounded like they were going to be fun to read. I love fairy tales and their re-tellings. While I liked the first prequel well enough, I didn't care for the second. I should have stopped there, but once I get into a series, I like to at least give it a fair chance. I will not be reading any more prequels, or even the actual Grimm Diaries, until several things get better. I believe
Bara
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english-original
Yes, I skipped the Cinderella one. I will return to it eventually but I really wanted to read a story narrated by Peter Pan. That mischievous bastard is hella funny. And the idea of him loving Sleeping Beauty is amusing, especially given that Aurora is a havoc wreaking lunatic vampire in this setting. Nice.

And Dracula reading Harry Potter books and loving Draco Malfoy was truly precious.
Melodie
Jul 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2012
Thought I'd like this......I didn't. Not even for free.
Toni
Apr 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
First things first – the writing is not my cup of tea and I already mentioned that, some editing could be nice. Now, welcome to the too many characters in 20 pages. Oh man! We’ve got Peter Pan, his assistant - The Hunchback from Nortre Dame (who Peter calls Hunchy?!) and his beloved – the EVIL Sleeping Beauty (view spoiler); then we also have Count Dracula, who Peter Pan calls Draco - R U SIRIUS (just to get more Ha ...more
Zuleeza
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

This one is very hard to rate because I really, really liked the previous prequels. It might well be a 1-star read, but I don't know, I think I might be biased due to my love for fairy tale retellings. Hurm, I would still read the subsequent prequels and Snow White Sorrow, and I may change my ratings for the published prequels accordingly.

Actually, this...did not sound like a fairy tales retelling, instead it sounded like a fairy tales parody.

And
Julie
This was my least favourite prequel so far. It was so frustrating to read this I almost dropped it altogether. The same mistakes from the previous novella are once again repeated. I seriously hope this will not happen in the others but my outlook is bleak at the moment.

The characters once again continue to talk about how confusing the curse and essentially the plot of these novella's are. If the curse is still confusing to the characters, it's also probably confusing to the readers so stop delay
Wendy
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
While the first two prequels in this series were rather intriguing in their creative looks at classic fairy tales, Beauty Never Dies just felt like a mash-up of too many well-known characters. The Evil Queen seems to be a main thread throughout the series, so her presence is expected, but EVERY character in this story was stolen from another tale - many of them not even belonging to the Grimm brothers.

Let's have a quick role call, shall we?

The Queen of Sorrow - As I have already mentioned, she
Holly Letson
This story is told by Peter Pan. Peter's hunchman is the hunchback from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". And, Peter believes that resurrecting Dracula is going to help him bring his true love, Sleeping Beauty, back to life.
So, he resurrects Dracula, and calls him Draco, convincing him that Draco Malfoy is based upon him. Dracula is indeed curious about that statement, as we later find him reading "Harry Potter", and saying that Draco Malfoy is cool.
But, the plan couldn't go as planned. No, of c
Jinky
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Reviewing the prequels as a whole instead of individually*

I lucked out and discovered these prequels during the one-prequel-a-day freebie promotion (bummer, I missed the second book, I must have been having sex that day). What gems! They were strange yet fantastic twists to classic fairy tales. They were quick and enjoyable reads. The storytelling was imaginative with a touch of humor. I truly got a kick out of the takes and I think those who especially like fairy tale re-tellings will do too.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
This prequel is narrated by Peter Pan, and boy does Mr. Jace have one heck of a twist in this one.
Peter Pan is waking up Dracula, so he can wake up the love of his life. His “assistant” is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. One his way to complete the ceremony, the Evil Queen shows up with her bag of items. The items she needs to find the Lost Seven (you will have to read Snow White Blood Red to find out more on that). She has come to Peter to learn who they are, & believes with his assistance she
Rachael
I really want to love these stories. The premise of them sounds wonderful. However, the first three prequels have fallen a bit flat for me. I like the idea behind them but I just can't make myself like the way Jace has written the characters. Their attitudes don't come across as endearing at all. I also don't like the snarky dialogue between the characters or all the pop culture references. I think that's an easy way to quickly date a book.
Jud
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was really hoping to love this story but I was sadly disappointed. I love the idea of the story but just didn't enjoy how it was written, it is a prequel to the series so perhaps the actual series is a lot better. I did get this for free so it might be an older version which is a little rough around the edges.
Wee Shubba's World
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it
It is really hard to rate this one. while I did enjoy it. it was weird. Peter Pan is my favourite fairy tale of all time and for me personally it shouldn't be messed with.

but this a good short story that is a little different. We have Peter Pan who is in love with Sleeping Beauty and Dracula who plays Xbox and reads Harry Potter. lol
Ed
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the different voices used to tell the stories. I am definitely looking forward to the fourth diary and the upcoming novels. Having characters from fairy takes and other books among us is a wonderful tale, and this series offers something for everyone
Kyle
My second zero star book in a row.

The editing is horrible. The writing is very immature, and the same goes for Peter Pan's narration. The story makes little to no sense. All the characters are obnoxious, and the whole story was cheesy. I hated every minute of reading it.
E.A.
Wendy Darling

Who is she? What is she?

I can't see the her same, or Sleeping Beauty

Happy Reading

-Emily
Ah, I remember this one now I've read it again. What a weird twist though! (view spoiler)
Laura Belshaw
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
still not sure what to make of that little twist at the end but i suppose if you thought about it, it makes a lot of sense
Ashley Anne
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm intrigued to see where this story line is going and enjoyed the story cross-overs. However, I could definitely do without the inner thoughts of Peter.
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
Read this review, and many more on my blog October Tune!

I’m not sure why I started reading these prequels, but I think I was just really curious about this series. But I’d read very mixed reviews about it. Of course, I wanted to find out for myself if they really were as bad as everyone said, or as awesome as anyone said, and I must admit I have very mixed feelings about these prequels. This review is about the stories Beauty Never Dies, Laddle Rat Rotten Hut and Mary Mary Quite Contrary.

What I
Alpha
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the third prequel in the Grimm Diaries Prequels which I got prequels #1 to 7 as a full package in one reading. I will say that the last two prequels were appropriate for what they are. #1 was really good while #2 was decent. However, #3 to me is amazing! It deserves a perfect 5 star score. Let me explain below.

This prequel is written by Peter Pan and from the very beginning, he is trying to bring back his one true love who so happens to be Sleeping Beauty. The writing if of course formed
Kim
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairytales
I'm a bit torn about this one...on the one hand it reads as easily and is as entertaining as the other prequels (hence the rating) but on the other hand I didn't really like Peter Pan all that much.

Now the whole resurrected Dracula playing Xbox is pretty hilarious. Not to mention his love for Harry Potter (Now I'm not sure whether it was in this one or in another of the prequels but the mention of heaven having at least 23 Harry Potter novels...I definitely want to go there now :-) )
And I also r
Zachary Flye
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Beauty Never Dies: Told from the perspective of Peter Pan, this story is the first time we really see the fairytales interacting with each other. While I thought the story was fairly good, I was turned off by a few things. First off the constant references to pop culture were so overused that they lost their sense of realness and seemed more like a gimmick. How Peter Pan is drawn to the Evil Queen is so weird to me, it nearly creepy if there was a somewhat sturdy explanation. With this being mor ...more
Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!}
BIG SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Peter Pan wakes Dracula from his 100 year sleep in order to awaken Sleeping Beauty from her cursed sleep. Oh and his sidekick/servant Hunchy (a.k.a. Hunchback of notre dame who got tired of being ridiculed and decided to join the butt-kicking bad side!) is helping him complete this task.
Now Dracula or Draco as Peter calls him is not exactly what you 'd expect. But who in this series is? After awakening Dracula discovers his new fascination with Zombie beheading on Xbox a
Cinnamingirl
Didn't even bother to finish this one. Even though it's supposed to be written by Peter Pan, the voice sounds exactly like the last narrator
- ridiculous, flighty teenager. Which can be done well, if ironic or even realistically motivated - but this is not. So Peter is super in love with Sleeping Beauty, okay... He certainly doesn't seem to act like it. As for Dracula not recognizing him - well, his character was created much later, and I am pretty sure old "Draco" wasn't keeping up with children
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.)
This is the third prequel to the full length novel ‘Snow White Sorrow’, and is a diary entry written by Peter Pan.
Peter is waking the famous Dracula (with the help of his servant the Hunchback of Notre Damme), with the intention of using Dracula to awake Sleeping Beauty – his true love.
After waking Dracula, Peter goes home only to find the Snow White Queen waiting for him. She tells him about her worries over the ‘lost seven’, and then Peter goes ahead w
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Blood Soaked Promises (Blood and Snow, #4)
  • Undying Love (Undying Love, #1-3)
  • 11:15 The Making of a Halfling (Halflings, #0.5)
  • Bound (Bound Series, #1)
  • Touch (Reaper Novellas  #1)
  • Winter Rose
  • The Flight of Swans
  • Dark Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #1)
  • Dream Lover
  • Savage Winter (Seasons of Paleo, #1)
  • The Vullens' Curse (The Jade Series, #1)
  • Fallen Star Series (Fallen Star, #1-3)
  • Revenge (Travis Mays, #1)
  • Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more

The Grimm Diaries Prequels (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder  (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #2)
  • Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #4)
  • Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5)
  • Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #6)
  • Once Beauty Twice Beast (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #7)
  • Moon and Madly (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #8)
  • Rumpelstein (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #9)
  • Jawigi (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #10)
  • Children Of Hamlin (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #11)
“My friend's call me Peter"..."But you can call me Pan."
"Why should I call you Pan?"
"Because Pan is a god, and I practically own you.”
8 likes