Start by marking “Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1)

Dante's Girl

(The Paradise Diaries #1)

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re
Published June 24th 2012 by Lakehouse Press (first published June 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dante's Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dante's Girl

Start your review of Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1)
Sam
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I absolutely adored this book! It was an amazing read to add to my summer list! I fell in love with it from the very beginning and I just had to finish it in a few short hours. It swept me away into the world of Dante and Reece and I want to stay on that little island off of Greece forever. This book will have readers swooning within the first few pages when they get a hold of Dante’s wit and Reece’s spitfire attitude!
Cover:
It is so cute! It is a collage of pictures that all make you smile a big
Heidi
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

Three and a half stars: A sweet, fun summer romance!

Reece inwardly groans as she stares at her disheveled reflection in the glaring fluorescent lighting of the airport bathroom. She is trying to freshen up after a long leg of flying, before she boards the last plane to London. She is set to spend another boring summer with her father in England. Little does she know, her summer is going to be anything but boring. It all begins when she inadvertently bumps into the most handsome boy she has ever
Miriam
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
I found the plot a bit incredulous really. It all seemed far-fetched as did the "love" between Dante and Reece felt like. It seems to me that it's more like infatuation which is expected. When a hot guy literally wading through cash, sweeps you of your feets (albeit using a helicopter), takes you all the way to GREECE and his mansion, you tend to develop a tiny little crush on him. That's what I'd do.

But Reece goes a step further and imagines herself in love with Dante, an impossibly perfect an
Katie W
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

For some reason, I was expecting this to be a vampire book, but it wasn't. Dante is basically a prince in his country and when American, Reece, bumps into him at the airport, a connection is formed. She is on her way to visit her dad for the summer in London, but a volcano eruption stops that from happening. So...she ends up in Caberra, at Dante's home.

Likes: I liked watching them fall in love--so complicated and gradual. I also liked knowing that Reece was so normal--thinking things and then
Marie
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, cute, loved, famous
I LOVED THIS SO FREAKIN' MUCH AND DANTE? OMG! I LOVE YOU! ...more
Kathy
3.5

So, I liked this one. I can’t remember who recommend this to me, but I’m glad they did. It was a fun escape. I liked Reece and Dante. I kind of wish this had both their POVs, but it was all from Reece’s perspective. Reece is on her way to London to spend a few weeks with her dad. On her way there she meets Dante and when an emergency happens she finds herself being rescued and swept off to his home. They had a nice love story and it was fun to see it unfold. I wasn’t sure how everything was g
Sharadha Jayaraman
Jun 09, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
Recommends it for: no one other than chummy teens
Shelves: not-reading
do-we-sit-and-listen-to-garbage-gif

Did not finish the book, hell, I couldn't even sail past chapter 2. There are just too many things wrong with how the book begins (I shudder at the thought of its continuation and worse still, the end). Don't get me wrong, it sounds like an idyllic summer romance with the backdrop of London and Greece, but the guy, Dante, seems plain creepy and the girl, Reece, utterly gullible. How she a) falls for blue eyes as hers meets them, b) is lured to his exotic sounding accent and “mesmerized by the sh
Morgan
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I am going to keep this review short... I wasn't planning on reviewing Dante's Girl. I had planned for this to be a fun beach read that I enjoyed on vacation without reviewing. My vacation reading plan was to read, read, read. I knew if I stopped to take notes and review books that I wouldn't be able to read as many books. In the end, Dante's Girl was such a cute book that I had to share!

I absolutely loved this bo
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A totally sweet and heart warming read perfect for any fan of YA contemporary romance.
Kaede
2.5

So one with a brain that actually functions correctly would probably think to just put down a book they didn't enjoy and attempted to read for a period of two months consistently.

But I've always been told I'm not like other people, you know? And I have this thing that if something in a book I hate seems at the very least redeemable, I'll put in effort to continue on to the end. Just cause I like giving things a fair chance. Well, I gave Dante's Girl that chance. Whether or not this book met
Katie
Sep 26, 2012 added it
Shelves: kindle-books
More like 2 1/2 stars, but I'll round up. :)

Sometimes, you just need something light and fluffy. Like cotton candy in book form. And that's what this book is - frothy, funny fluff. Now, this type of book just happens to be one of my favorites, so I've read quite a few. And because of that, I couldn't help comparing this to other (traditionally published) books that I liked better.

I should also say that I don't read many indie books. And if I do, it's unusual that I enjoy them. There are the few
Sarah (Catching Books)
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a really cute summer read! I was surfing through Amazon last week and I saw this book..so I decided to check it out and buy it. I am really glad that I did..definitely a nice summer contemporary book!

I'm a huge fan of books with international boys (especially because of the accents!) and the setting of this book was gorgeous! The plot of this book was too sweet and really was a roller coaster ride of emotions. I was definitely cheering for Dante and Reece the moment they met at the airport
Jenn
"It doesn't matter that we're different. You're everything I'm not. That's important right? You're assertive when I'm hesitant, and I'm assured where you are afraid. You're strong when I'm weak and I'm hard when you're soft. People who are exactly the same are boring. We're different and I love that. I love you. And that is all that matters."

That's the perfect quote to sum up Dante and Reece.

Dante is a public figure where Reece is a small town country gal. He's trying to break the mold that
Caitlin Audet
I was so excited to have finally read Dante's Girl. Thank you Amazon for releasing this early. Wow I am still amazed by this story and still swooning over Dante. This story takes place in such a beautiful country, Caberra, where everything is just gorgeous and perfect. Dante himself is perfect. He definitely knows how to act and always has the right words to say. Reece was such a grounded character and even though she was supposed to have been a boy(this is explained in the book) I think her nam ...more
adinda widya
complicated
dunno why that word sounds funny in my ears now Lol.

i never heard about this book before but i browsed thru internet, voila i found this. accidentally.
right, skip the s*** Lol.

well its a cute love story. another reason why i love contemporary romance nowadays.
reece's life and fate was lucky since the day she bumped into dante *sigh*.
honestly i never read a story that took place in greece. this is the 1st :D
another thing i love most besides dante and nate (yes, nate) was the raining s
Agnes Sy
Aug 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't fallen in love with this book.

I am really disappointed. After reading reviews about this I was so sure I'd fall in love with it, too. But about 10 chapters later I am still not hooked.

For some unknown reason, I just couldn't connect with this book. I do not like Reece, I have not fallen for Dante, and none of the other characters interest me at all. The whole thing just feels unrealistic. The author just couldn't pull off the whole Prince Charming sweeps
Niki
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bloom-finished
Aw aw awwwwwwwww <3

This book is so cheesy and fairytale-ish that I don't know how can I like it, but I like it a lot!

I liked every single character, but what I most liked about this fairytale is that there was no major drama...There was drama, but there was realistic drama.

Hannah ♡
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Would be 500% better if:
- Dante wasn't so perfect in every way to the point where he's dull.
- Reece would stop talking about how perfect he was every other second
- Reece would stop forgiving him in 0.0213 seconds
- Reece would stop talking about Kansas and how they do it "back home" and then getting annoyed when someone says, "You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."
- There were more opportunities to get to know Nate better
- It wasn't "insta-love"
I loved this book....I thought it was a wonderful love story with a little suspense in there at the end. This book kept me interested from the first page until the last page.
Bethany
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it

A very cute and sweet love story.
Melissa
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
This and other reviews can be found at The Nifty Novels Blog. Check it out!

I have always enjoyed the paranormal books by Courtney Cole that have mixed Greek mythology with stories of eternal love and adventure. Dante's Girl is a completely different type of story. This is a modern young adult contemporary romance without a hint of the paranormal at all. But Courtney has always been able to tell good romantic stories, and that proves to be true in this novel as well. This book tells the story of
Megsly
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Thank you to the Kismet Book Tour for the ARC of Dante’s Girl by Courtney Cole. The following review is my own personal opinions, and is in no way influenced by the author or publishing house. Reviewed for Kismet Book Tour and Fic-talk.com.

Atmika
Warning: Terribly Cute! Proceed with caution or you won't be able to wipe the smile from your face.

I really really liked this book. It's totally adorable. If you are looking for a fluffy, sweet, romantic novel. This is it!

The MC Reece is the cutest ever. I just loved her. She is a Kansas chick with a smart mouth and great sense of humor. She had me laughing so many times.

"Dante shakes his blond bangs out of his eyes and the sun catches every glint of gold in his hair. His legs are long,lean
FicTalk Blog
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Reviewed by Meg

Dante’s Girl is by one of my favorite authors, and I’ve been waiting for the release of this book ever since I read about it on Cole’s blog. When I finally received it, I couldn’t wait! I knew it would be completely different from anything she’d published before. Dante’s Girl is told from the
 katharina
description

Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1) by Courtney Cole

BOOK: dante's Girl ( The Paradise Diaries #1)
AUTHOR: Courtney Cole
PAGES:356
RATING: ★★★

Blurb:

2. If I hear the phrase, “You
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
"I want more! I want more!" - I've been chanting this after reading this effin' good book. My smile is still plastered on my face and I can't help but still continuously chant this because I really do want more of Dante and Reece and everything that has to do with them and Caberra and Kansas.
(I have a lot of things to say about this book, so behold if this review would be a bit long. :P)

Dante's girl has only been a random pick from Goodreads and since its blurb worked it magic powers on me I de
Jess (The Cozy Reader) Kennedy

Writing: 5
Originality: 5
Characters: 5
Romance: 6
Overall: 32/30! A+++++ Super sweet romance in paradise!
Title/Cover Bonus: 5

Overall
An incredibly sweet contemporary romance set in the perfect paradise with the perfect Prince Charming ever.

Trailer
None at time of review.

First Line
It is impossible to look hot in the dingy fluorescent light of an airport bathroom.

Most Memorable Scene
There are a lot of swoon worthy scenes but I think I enjoyed the n
Anna Fhaumnuaypol
This book is incredibly adorable and perfect for the summer! A teenage love story is never boring or out of style especially Cole's 'Dante's Girl'.

Reece, a cowgirl from Kansas visits her father who lives in London every summer. However, things are a little different this time. She runs into a devastatingly beautiful guy in the airport and again on the plane to London. But things go wrong during takeoff and she is forced to go along with the man she just met, Dante, who appears to be a very impo
Jamie
Description

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarras
The Library Mouse's Words on a Page
I picked up Dante's Girl with the desire to read something easy going, simple and sweet. You could say that I partially got my wish.

Dante's Girl set the scene for a nice light hearted and old fashioned summer read of girl meets boy situation, or more accurately girl runs into boy and tells him it's his fault.

Despite the sonographer's 99.9% certainty of the male gender of the baby and the consequently selected name: Reece is in actual fact a rather girly girl. She was simple, honest, kind and war

• Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)
  • The Libby Garrett Intervention (Science Squad, #2)
  • Catching Jordan
  • V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin, #1)
  • Spider (English, #3)
  • Feel Again (Again, #3)
  • The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)
  • A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.co

The Paradise Diaries (3 books)
  • Mia's Heart (The Paradise Diaries, #2)
  • Untitled (The Paradise Diaries, #3)

News & Interviews

“I squint my eyes and glare at him.
“I don’t have a crush on Quinn anymore.”
He raises a golden eyebrow.
“No?”
I shake my head. “No.”
“Why is that?”
I stare at him long and hard, trying to decide what to say. Should I be downright, painfully honest? I’ve always found that the best way to be, so I nod.
“Two words.”
He waits.
“Dante. Giliberti.”
I hear him suck in his breath and I smile. Sometimes, honesty is refreshing and so very worth it.
“Me?” He sounds so surprised, as though he doesn’t know that he is practically a living breathing Adonis. I nod.
“You.”
He studies me again and I fight the need to fidget as I wait for his reaction.
After a minute of nerve-wracking silence, he finally answers.
“So, will you keep the bracelet?”
I nod.
“Can I kiss you again?”
I nod.
So he does.”
34 likes
“Life is full of kinks. And the great thing about kinks? They eventually work themselves out.” 23 likes