Start by marking “The Stone of Darkness (Dragonslayer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Stone of Darkness (Dragonslayer, #3)

The Stone of Darkness

(Dragonslayer #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In Book 3 of the Dragonslayer series, Astrid accepts her duty and follows the winter route--until she's bitten by a dragon. Everyone knows dragon bites are poisonous and deadly, so she reluctantly accepts her impending death. In a twist of fate, she survives. Desperate for an explanation, Astrid believes she has somehow been protected by the black stone she keeps with her ...more
Published May 29th 2012 by Mundania Press (first published May 1st 2012)

Liz Santos
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragonslayer series by Resa Nelson

These books are fantasy but after each book you read you already are looking for the next book to continue the story. Everyone likes a good reading book and it is an exciting book. I would recommend these 4 books to anyone who likes an adventure.
Flora Smith
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for review.

This is the third installment in the Dragonslayer series which follows the life of Astrid who came to Guell as a child to be raised as a blacksmith and find her calling as a dragonslayer. I found this book much darker as we know war is coming to the Northlands with the Krystr.

I love the character of Astrid. She is a strong woman but flawed as the rest of us. We see the toll life is taking on her with the loss of friends and loved ones and the comin
LooseBoots
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third in the series. I was already hooked after the first book. Now following the adventures of Astrid being trained to fight men not just lizards/ dragons. It gets more complicated but is all so worth it. Religion once again is at fault corrupting instead of enlightening. Imposing its will on a unwilling people. Astrid grows in herself and learns more wisdom and becomes a more wholesome person.
That didn't sound like I wanted it too but the story compelled me to finish it and the end of the
William Richardson
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked it, the descriptions of her settings are so good you can easily see and smell them in your mind. The characters are made to come alive in your mind so you can almost see them on the pages.

Well written and always twist and turns with each chapter, I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
Barbara Salfelder
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

Though I liked the story there were times I skipped paragraphs because they were repeating information that had been already been told. How he had gotten the pin when she first met D'Stephan and the description of what it looked like.
Lana
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Stone of Darkness. (Book 3)

Its an awesome book. It made me feel sorry for the people and the Dragons.
My heart goes out to Astrid for the choice she had to make in the end.
Alaina
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as I intriguing as the first two book is, but it I have a hunch Astrid needed to go through this period for what comes in the final book 4. Still well written!
Steven Brown
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs to finish the series because there is so much potential for the next series.
The Stone of Darkness was enjoyable at first but it is where the overall story of The Dragonslayer series take a turn for the worse. The book would have been a one day read but after reading the first two books in the previous days the logical flaws, continuity errors, and over ridiculousness of the Krystr religion, with the revelation of who the Big Bad leader was took its toll. I got up the final chapters than gave it a couple days before I finished it. ( I can not stand to leave a story unfin ...more
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dragons dragons! Well..not really.. i mean not that much but you know i love them so i had to XD

The Stone of Darkness continues the story of Astrid, this time concentrating more on her more secretive side and her gems. Resa Nelson keeps the steady and easy storytelling of the second book and once again it was really easy for me to get into it. It took me just a few hours to finish,totally got lost in it. This time is even easier than before to get used to the story. At the first book everything
Marina
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Dragonslayer Series follow the story of Astrid. Sold as a child, chewed and spitted by a dragon, body full of scars, heart full of love. That's Astrid. She became my favorite female character soon after I started reading. Her life was full of adventures, some good, some not, but they shaped her as a person, same way she shaped swords as a blacksmith. In the third book, The Stone of Darkness, Astrid is already mature, has many friends, and knows who to trust. In the search for the truth of he ...more
Rubysbooks
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I loved the first two books in this amazing series, let me tell you that I adored The Stone Of Darkness. I feel like I can't actually describe how much I loved this book.

I loved how we get more subplots at the same time. There aren't too many though and they don't take up much time, but they do keep the reader wanting to read and needing to know more about them. We get to see the dragons again and we get to understand more about them, about their ways and about dragonslayers in general. One t
Lovey Dovey Books
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The third book of the Dragonslayer series, yet again, impresses and confirms faith in author Resa Nelson. The Stone of Darkness takes readers on another journey through Astrid's world, but this time her travels are even more dangerous. With the introduction of a group of women who have learned to fight with swords, the Iron Maidens, and a closer look into the threat facing Guell, the Krystr army, Astrid's story remains mysterious and daunting.

The Stone of Darkness digs much deeper into Astrid's
Michelle
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz2012-read
The Stone of Darkness continues the epic tale of Astrid and her journey as the Dragonslayer.
In this instalment, Astrid is on a mission to find out as much as she can about the black stone she removed from her foot the previous year. Astrid is of the opinion that this stone saved her life after she was bitten by a dragon but didn't die from the poison in it's saliva as she should have.
Throughout this book Astrid has to learn who she can trust to help her on her journey and finds protection and c
Think
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh freaking wow! That ending was just … BAM! Way to go Resa. I just finished The Stone of Darkness and it was such a great read! I forgot how amazing Astrid is and the new worlds that Nelson creates are spot on. All the characters seem well thought through and are believable. I love how Nelson was able to reiterate important parts of the story from books 1 and 2 without feeling redundant.

It was just what I needed to read I think. A change from my usual Dystopia. LoL

Delia
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I will be posting my review on my blog as part of a blog tour on July 31 2012
www.wolfmajick.blogspot.com
Sandy Blackwell
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This world just keeps drawing me in further. Another hit in this series.
Chrystina
Sep 17, 2017
Maria
Aug 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)
  • Red Leaves and the Living Token
  • A Dark Faerie Tale Series Omnibus Books 1-3 with Extras (A Dark Faerie Tale)
  • All Is Fair (The Split Worlds, #3)
  • Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Goblin Between Her Thighs (The Marechal Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • The Man Who Crossed Worlds (Miles Franco #1)
  • The Timekeeper’s Moon (Farwalker Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Oracle (The Oracles #3)
  • Underneath
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Werewolves (The Templar Chronicles, #4)
  • Only Superhuman
Resa Nelson is the author of the 4-book Dragonslayer series: The Dragonslayer’s Sword (nominated for the Nebula Award, finalist for the EPPIE Award), The Iron Maiden , The Stone of Darkness , and The Dragon's Egg . Her 4-book Dragonfly series takes place after the Dragonslayer series.

Her standalone novels include the mystery/thrillers All Of Us Were Sophie and Our Lady of the Absolute .

Re

Dragonslayer (4 books)
  • The Dragonslayer's Sword (Dragonslayer, #1)
  • The Iron Maiden (Dragonslayer, #2)
  • The Dragon's Egg (Dragonslayer, #4)