Start by marking “Tesnayr (Legends Lost, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tesnayr (Legends Lost, #1)

Tesnayr

(Legends Lost #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  9 reviews
1,000 years before the birth of Amborese is a far greater story. The legend of Tesnayr. Before the lands of Tesnayr existed, there were five distinct kingdoms. Each proud and constantly at war with one another. But all that changed... A stranger washes upon the shores of Sym'Dul, beaten and barely alive; the only survivor of a devastating war in a land far across the sea. ...more
Paperback, first, 445 pages
Published July 7th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Tesnayr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tesnayr

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Tesnayr (Legends Lost, #1)
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jarown rushes to save his friend from Blynak's attack but arrives too late to do anything. Jarown's friend last breathe is to protect and save his daughter Nelyn at all costs. Fifteen years later, strange creatures are working on a ship in the storm tossed sea. A man is taken from below to be sent to his death yet when lightening strikes the shipmast. The man flees to escape death from the sinking ship. Nigilin finds a man on the beach near his home and takes him in. Nigilin asks Hana from the v ...more
Stephanie Wolf
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a prequel to Legends Lost Amborese, we read of the story of Tesnayr. A man who was trying to escape his previous life and rid the land of those who had tortured him.

Unfortunately for him, the sea did not claim him. He washed up on shore and was rescued and brought back to health. He helped those who had helped him, but always remained quiet about his past. With the passage of time, those who had tormented him came to the new land.

In an effort to never be taken captive
Thorey
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book hit the spot for me. I enjoy a good story, a good plot, good character building and a good flow in the story, and Legends Lost has it all. I usually don't shower books with compliments, since I read a lot and sometimes feel that many stories are based on the same plot. But this one is somewhat different.
Of course the framework is not entirely original nor pretends to be. You see elements from Lord of the Rings (mystical creatures), Harry Potter (wizards) and other popular fantasy
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
What is the book about?

Jarown is in extreme rush to save his friend from Blynak's attack but finds he is unfortunately too late to do anything about it. Jarown's last words are a reminder to protect and save his daughter Nelyn no matter what.

Over a decade later unknown creatures on a ship are tossed in a storm at sea, the unthinkable happens and lightning strikes the ship mast. Escaping death from a sinking ship, Nigilin finds a man on a beach who is willing to take him in and go to
Byron Wells
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Please note that my review of this book is subjective to my likes and dislikes.

I choose to give this book an average rating due to the fact that I had a hard time completing this book. I found that it was rambling in places and disjointed in others. I felt as though I was reading an unfinished work; with a bit or revision I feel this book could be really good.

The early characters were developed, and the story had potential. Characters further in appeared to be rushed into
Gabrielle Poplar
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
War Tale with Unique Characters…Interesting!

A warrior with a grim past evolved in the course of this story into a Leader of nations. Tesnayr is a war tale, but with some unique characters that paint the drab war ridden world with colorful scenes that would have the reader grinning hard - from the loquacious cat that was the bearer of news, to the rambunctious triplets that were up for any challenge, to the powerful sorceress, that had the nasty habit of sneaking up to conversations –
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
The title only grants a portion of the full scope of this broad strokes high fantasy. Tesnayr is a hard nosed, haunted hero that at times behaves like an anti-hero. It is difficult to describe my experience while reading Legends Lost. I can say that it took me much longer than I expected, partly due to other commitments and the level of concentration it takes to really let this book soak in. Fans of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series will enjoy this complex and brilliantly thought out tale.
Amber
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-wins
I received this book as part of the goodreads firstreads giveaway. This was a fantastic book written in the same vein as Tolkien or Paolini, I couldn't put it down. The story was inventive and the cast of characters was huge, it's the kind of book anyone can read, not just fantasy fans. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Melissa ownsbey
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
love it very much
it was an enjoyablwe funj read
it was filled with magic dwarfs sword fighting
evels it had it all i would like to see this into a movie
it was a great book loved the covers to
Jane Geddis
Kerrie
Pebbles Good
Richard
Jul 14, 2012
Ms. McNulty has published in a variety of genres, not wanting to be tied down to just one thing. She began her writing career with her fantasy series entitled Legends Lost. Since then, she has gone on to publish in the popular dystopian genre with her Dystopia Trilogy and has even published a cozy mystery series entitled Mellow Summers. Her most recent work is her space opera, science fiction adve ...more

Legends Lost (3 books)
  • Amborese (Legends Lost, #2)
  • Galdin (Legends Lost, #3)