Start by marking “The Lost Scrolls: Water” as Want to Read:
The Lost Scrolls: Water

The Lost Scrolls: Water (The Lost Scrolls #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  530 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
If you are reading this, you have uncovered one of the four hidden scrolls I have compiled about the world of Avatar. This scroll contains all of the knowledge that I have gathered so far about the Water Tribes -- their history and culture and the great tales of their past and present.

Katara recounts her discovery of the Avatar in the iceberg, Sokka remembers his childho
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Spotlight/Nickelodeon

Virginia
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, read-2012
Clearly written for children, I did appreciate how it tried to be a good reference and source of information about the Water Tribe and Water Bending. Of course, it is not comprehensive since it covers only up to the first season, but it was nice to be reminded of the story. I plan on a massive A:TLA re-watch right before the new show comes out. (You know, in 2013.)
Samantha
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've already reviewed the full collection of The Lost Scrolls, so I'm just copying and pasting the relevant parts of my review from there:

Four sacred and dangerous scrolls have been complied into this single book, detailing the adventures of Aang and his friends. The Fire Nation has waged war against the rest of the world for one hundred years, unhindered by the peacekeeping Avatar. Then Katara and her brother, Sokka, discover a young Airbender named Aang. Could he be the one the whole world has
Jerry
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, library
2.5
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
3 1/2 stars.

Obviously aimed at the target audience of the show, but the extra information about waterbenders such as their culture and tribe are interesting, though I don't know how much of it is "canon" (e.g. the dominant season for waterbenders is winter and most water tribe children are born then). The retelling of stories from the television episodes are written so elementary school aged audiences can easily follow them, but by no means are they a replacement of.
Eric
Overall I'm still a fan but the experience is a little marred. Retelling everything you already know is clearly milking the cow. Can't give it 5 knowing I've already watching it when it aired, bought it on DVD, and stream it when I'm bored at work. Reading it now is...well I'm giving it 4 3 - they're lucky I love these kids.
Beck Frost
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The four books in this series were really a treat. They had back story (episodes from the show) of the Avatar going to the different tribes and then actual graphics explaining the moves based on those tribes. Much more than reference material than I was expecting. So, had the elements of the show, but also additional information that was not in the show.
Ashley Bradley
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Wasn't really my kind of book. I'm more into romance, and love, and all that mushy gushy ooey gooey love stuff.

I've never really been into Avatar or anything Avatar. Not even the movies.

I would recommend it to people who like this stuff but it just wasn't for me.
JOSAIN
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
tht is a good book
Sheza 'Shez'
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: atla-lok-books
We see the origins of waterbending and we learn about the culture of the Water Tribe here...another great installment in the Avatar world!
Bubba
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Infinity stars. My favorite character is Katara. She is so beautiful and kind and smart.
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Not a bad read for these wanting to know more about Water Tribe culture though it could have used more, and a definite collectible for any diehard Avatar fan.
Cws
Mar 24, 2009 added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
JAR5-Ava
Mari
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a fun and informative little book. I loved the pictures especially and the tips and information about the Water Tribes. Great for fans of Avatar :)
Noah
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I book filled with childhood memories for me.
Annchan Maulana
Sep 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, anime
amazing story about five elements warrior. And One kid that choose become the Avatar who have ability to control all elements.

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Sep 29, 2016
King Bob
Jan 11, 2016
  • The Lost Scrolls: Fire
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 5: Field Trippin'
  • Beware the Bohrok (Bionicle Chronicles, #2)
  • Mark Reads Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • How to Draw Avatar: The Last Airbender
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)
  • My Neighbor Totoro 4
  • Cam Jansen and the Ghostly Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #16)
  • Prehistoric Pinkerton
  • Ninjago: "Warriors of Stone", Vol. 6
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Babysitters Little Sister, #2)
Michael Teitelbaum is the author of several books for children. He lives in an 18th century home with his family in New York.
More about Michael Teitelbaum

The Lost Scrolls (4 books)
  • The Lost Scrolls: Earth