Start by marking “The Lost Scrolls: Fire” as Want to Read:
The Lost Scrolls: Fire

The Lost Scrolls: Fire (The Lost Scrolls #3)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  619 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
If you are reading this, you have uncovered one of the four hidden scrolls I have compiled about the world of Avatar. This scroll contains sacred information about the Fire Nation -- stories, legends, and facts that I have found so far about this nation -- its history and culture and tales of its past and present.

Katara describes how Aang outwits and defeats the dreaded Ad
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Spotlight/Nickelodeon

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Scrolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Scrolls

Kirsten Simkiss
It's kind of just a recap of the show, but I love it for the nostalgia. While most of the stories are simple retellings, the information between stories is way more interesting. I love the quick tidbits about the local fauna and the culture. It doesn't cover everything, naturally, but there's stuff here they never bring up in the show, like which martial art styles from the real world Firebenders use.

This book should not be read in place of watching the show, but it could definitely make for som
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
You can read this review and others on my blog at

Well, I love Avatar so I suppose I still enjoyed this book, but it wasn’t as cool as I thought it would be. First it is set up as a juvenile book where the author has secretly gathered information you can’t share with anyone! It was a little over the top for me. The majority of the book was just a recap from Sokka’s, Katara’s and Aang’s POV of certain episodes of the show. I didn’t feel like I got any more
Dharia Scarab
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Megan M
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun book for fans of The Last Airbender. While the "Legends" are just episodes of the series written down from the POV of one of the major players, I enjoyed taking a closure look at the Fire Nation. Most of the information could definitely be gleaned just from watching the show attentively, but I found the discussion of the Fire Nation fighting style and of typical Fire Nation animals to be really fun.
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
3 1/2 stars.

Obviously aimed at the target audience of the show, but the extra information about firebenders such as their culture and tribe are interesting, though I don't know how much of it is "canon" (e.g. the dominfant season for firebenders is summer and many fire nation children are born then). The retelling of stories from the television episodes are written so elementary school aged audiences can easily follow them, but by no means are they a replacement of.
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Not a bad read for these wanting to know more about Fire Nation culture though it could have used more, since this book is clearly written for kids and is a fairly slim volume, I would have liked it to be a little more mature, with more information in it (especially in Fire Nation history) and maybe a couple more cool illustrations or diagrams. Still, a definite collectible for any diehard Avatar fan.
There's not much more to say that hasn't already been said before. Buying all of the same materiel over again is only highlighting what is wrong with children's intellectual properties anymore. If it's not marketable in 40+ different flavors then it's apparently not worth doing at all. Since Avatar is worth something is a million different flavors you end of with this.
Sheza 'Shez'
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: atla-lok-books
The Fire Nation is known as the conquering we got to see Avatar Roku and and we got to see Zuko as the Blue Spirit. The culture and philosophy of the Fire Nation is very well-described here.
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not as cool as I thought it would be. Mostly just retelling episodes from the show. There were a few facts that were fun to read, but it was about 10 of the 64 pages. I'm sure I'll read them all, because I am life member of AA (Avatar Anonymous).
Jan 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone I know
This is really good for Avatar fans because it gives you complete information about the Fire Nation. And it has some stories about the Fire Nation and stuff like Avatar Roku.
Sammy C
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
there's no power and i read this in the dark with the light of my phone lmao but it was cool and it's the first book i've read in 2016
Annchan Maulana
Sep 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, anime
amazing story about five elements warrior. And One kid that choose become the Avatar who have ability to control all elements.

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Chandra Marie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, read-2012
For children. But still a good read for kids. (Even though it is up to the end of Season 1.)
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Riel Nepomuceno
May 23, 2013
Feb 18, 2016
  • The Lost Scrolls: Earth
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Mark Reads Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 6: The Treehouse and Beyond!
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
  • How to Draw Avatar: The Last Airbender

The Lost Scrolls (4 books)
  • The Lost Scrolls: Water

• Finding Rebecca
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Baker's Daughter
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99