Start by marking “Vengeance (Fracture, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance (Fracture, #2)

Vengeance

(Fracture #2)

Falcon Lake wants vengeance. And so, it seems, does someone else... An intense, heart-rending psychological thriller to accompany the chilling and seductive Fracture

When Decker drags his best friend Delaney’s lifeless body out of the frozen lake, he makes a deal: Anyone but her. Everyone but her. The lake releases her. It takes another...

All their friends blame Delaney for
Published February 13th 2014 by Bloomsbury Childrens (first published February 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance, please sign up.
Helena I liked it. It was well-written and heartbreaking - basically just as beautiful as Fracture. It was from Decker's POV which was nice, and you can then…moreI liked it. It was well-written and heartbreaking - basically just as beautiful as Fracture. It was from Decker's POV which was nice, and you can then understand why they are at odds a little bit. They do spend a lot of the time not talking and being angry but they did in Fracture so what is new? Plus it is a happy-ish ending so :) (less)
Zana B I'm 13 years old turning 14 this year and I read Vengeance out of my own free will, there tends to be swearing but I just skipped those parts. I guess…moreI'm 13 years old turning 14 this year and I read Vengeance out of my own free will, there tends to be swearing but I just skipped those parts. I guess it depends on the maturity levels of your audience. (less)

Emily (Book Jems)
I just discovered that the sequel I've been longing for exists. My reaction:
description
Ferdy
Spoilers

A kind of engrossing yet also irritating read. It was better than the first book in that it wasn't as dull or dragged out, but that didn't make up for all the other things that bought the book down.

-I initially didn't think it was all that necessary to have a sequel to the first book, but by the end I changed my mind… I was a lot more satisfied with where things left off story and character wise than I was with Fracture. Things were cleared up, the characters were more interesting, and t
Cass -  Words on Paper
2014? MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! D:< I am not pleased!

This better be in-your-pants freaking awesome.
Christen (GoldiloxReads and Whimsify)
What!?!?!?!? There's going to be a sequel???
ISL
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Nothing really new in this sequel. Didn't really need to be written at all. Major disappointment!
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Jul 11, 2012 marked it as series-in-progress
OMG!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE A SERIES! YAY YAY YAY!!!!! :D
Michele
I listened to this in audio format- it is not listed as an option but it is available on Audible.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I wouldn't recommend reading Vengeance without first having read Fracture, Megan Miranda's debut novel. Fracture introduces the primary protagonists, Delaney Maxwell and Decker Phillips, and provides vital back story that this story relies on.

Vengeance is told from Decker's point of view (whereas Fracture was told from Delaney's perspective. It has been a few months since Delaney was trapped beneath the frozen surface of Falcon Lake but the events of the past winter linger for them both and it
Sharon
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. His girlfriend was dead for 11 minutes, his best friend is dead and now Decker Phillips believes the curse of Falcon Lake is his fault.

So the sequel to Fracture is told through Decker’s POV. I think I liked him better through Delaney’s eyes as grief turns Decker into a raging a-hole.

But it’s kinda understandable since Delaney hid something from him. But Decker has his own secrets. And it seems someone or something has it out for him.

To say I was confused is an understatement. A lot
Taschima
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
From the point of view of a fan of Megan Miranda's characters and writing style Vengeance was a spectacular read that let you explore even further the characters we had come to adore, though one might still wonder if the novel was just to please fans who wanted a little more of the world because otherwise it was rather *and I am cringing when writing this word* needless. It was a good book, it really was, but the first title didn't lend itself to another one so it gives you the feeling that you ...more
Emily Bradley-dorman
Can I start off by saying that Fracture didn't actually need a sequel, in fact I wasn't actually going to read this but it came up in a Buddy Read so I decided to give it a go. It's a lot more consistent that it's predecessor, as I found that Fracture was a little chopping in the first half and heartbreaking in the second. With Vengeance it was simple average the whole way through. Also, before you read on if you haven't read the first book yet then DO NOT read this review! It's impossible to re ...more
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Fracture’ series.
Delaney can still sense when people are sick or dying, but she really wishes she couldn’t. Decker meanwhile is starting to consider that the rumours about the lake being cursed might be true after all.
Who will be the lake’s next victim? And is someone trying to kill Delaney?

This book started off really good,
Yolanda Sfetsos
After really enjoying FRACTURE, I was looking forward to reading the sequel.

This book is told in the POV of Decker, Delaney's boyfriend. He's still haunted by what happened to her at the lake--how she died, but survived thanks to him--and can now sense when someone is dying. When the most unexpected horrible thing happens to him, and death personally touches Decker's life, he blames Delaney. For not warning him. For avoiding his calls when she could've made a difference. For lying.

Then other s
Ashley Brookfield
What the hell, man! I was so excited to read the sequel to Fracture because I loved it so much, but this sucked! I'm kinda pissed that I spent the $11!
First off, reading from Decker's POV the entire book was super lame. Decker was a whiny bitch THE ENTIRE BOOK. Repeating himself over and over and over and being as impulsive and indecisive as a child. The stupid "i love you, but no I hate you now" story.
It was like I was reading a completely different series, that's how different Decker and Dela
Polly Roth
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: library-books, boring, dnf
At page 62, I have no desire to continue. And why the hell should I? The writing is choppy and annoying. The plot is annoying. The characters are annoying. I'm annoyed.
DNF
Erin Arkin
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, series, netgalley
Vengeance is the companion novel to Megan Miranda’s Fracture. If you enjoyed that book I definitely encourage you to read this one too. Heck, if you haven’t read Fracture yet, you should get on that so that when you finish, you can read this one too.

People still believe that something is following Delaney Maxwell around…some sort of curse. Ever since she was pulled out of Falcon Lake, after being submerged for 11 minutes and then being in a coma for 6 days - yet she survived, the belief is that
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I loved Fracture when I read it in 2012, and I went on to love Megan Miranda's next book Hysteria, as well.  There were similar themes in both, but even so, each story stands apart and kept me guessing.  A good thriller is hard to come by, at least for someone like me, who is perpetually anticipating the outcome.

In this sequel/companion to Fracture -
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Full review to come closer to the release date!

I'm a huge fan of Fracture so needless to say I've been dying for more Decker and Delaney. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. Especially reading the description of this book. I was afraid.

Many times I wanted to smack Decker upside the head but I couldn't. Not because he's not read but because I understand what he's going through.

The first half of this book was very depressing to those who fell hard for these characters. I was on the verge of tears a
A Book Vacation
3.5 Stars

To see my full review:

I haven't read the first novel in this series, but Miranda does a great job keeping the reader on track, giving just enough information that we understand what went on in the first novel so we're able to stay on top of everything in this second novel. I never felt like I was missing information and, while I do plan to go back and read book one eventually, I don’t feel like it is a prerequisite in order to read this second installment.

Whereas
Paige Bradish
***If you have not read the first book Fracture do not read this review!

I received an ARC of Vengeance by Megan Miranda from Around The World ARC Tours and read the first few chapters from that ARC but the rest of it was read from a hardcover version that I borrowed from work.

Vengeance is the sequel to Miranda's first book Fracture, which is about a group of friends who come way to close on some occasions and meet death on others. In book one Delaney just about dies, she falls through the ice o
Haley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a pretty interesting sequel. I think I liked Fracture better though. I preferred Delany’s perspective, but this book definitely had more chill and thrills that I remember the first book having. It definitely upped the creep-factor of Falcon Lake. The town thinks that Falcon Lake is cursed and there have been a lot of deaths connected to it.

Dekker is angry about the death of his dad for most of the book and blames it on Delany since she knew he was going to die. Dekker’s narration s
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to 'Fracture' which is one of my favourite books. I thought it was amazing the first, second and third time I read it! 'Vengeance' was therefore one of my most anticipated books of the year and hit the top of my TBR pile immediately. I love the new look covers for the series which look so pretty on my shelves.

The story is told from Decker's point of view. A part of me missed seeing events unfold from Delaney's perspective as I love her character but it didn't take me long to a
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eerie-creepy
This book did not live up to its expectations of Fracture, to say the least. The way fracture was ended left the reader wanting more, yet still complete (when left alone). Though, Miranda still continuing with the plot made the reader feel less closure. Don't get me wrong Fracture was AMAZING! and that's why I perused to read the squeal- mistake. Decker played a huge part in the first book, although after the fist.. what... 20 pages (when he pulled Delaney out of the water), he played no major r ...more
Elaine
Jun 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Decker and Delaney believe they caused a curse since Decker wished Delaney back to life after drowning in the local lake. Now, it seems, anyone who comes in contact with lake water dies. And Delaney can tell when someone is nearing death. Their friend Carson is the earliest victim. Nursing home residents next. Then Decker’s dad. Decker’s house is flooded. A friend’s mom is dying. Turns out, of course, someone is causing the events that are originally blamed on the curse of Falcon Lake. This sequ ...more
Reading Teen
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vengeance is the sequel to Megan Miranda's book Fracture. While it is helpful to have read the earlier book, there is enough of the story in this book to let a new reader know what has happened. The previous book was told from Delaney Maxwell's perspective while this one is told from Decker's. Delaney has survived a fall through the ice and a week in a coma. This tragedy was followed by the death of a classmate and another acquaintance. Now everyone in town is wondering if Falcon Lake is cursed ...more
Christine Fonseca
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
This was an outstanding follow-up to FRACTURE. Told from the POV of Decker, it was a messed-up emo ride that had me 1000% hooked from the very beginning. I loved Miranda's story development, the character growth and her writing. Definitely NOT a light read in any way, this is an angst-filled emotional ride. And given my love for all things emo, it's not big shock that I LOVED this book!!! And yes, I loved it MORE than Fracture!

If you like dark, emo stories that deal with a huge depth of emotion
Casey
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Megan Miranda, I love you, but I truly didnt find this sequel to be the best.
It felt very repetitive to me, not just the storyline but our mian character himself, consistantly repeating the same emotion chapter after chapter after chapter. It's great to see the vision come to life from another perspective, but like many people, I sometimes grow tired of the repition.
Overall the book brought the story together for me, fully, I just wish there was more.
Clodagh
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The second half was quite interesting, but still not as good as the first book. Something that annoyed me a great deal was that all the female characters were defined by their relationships with the males - they were all someone's girlfriend, or sister, or mother. Why can't there be single women standing alone and being awesome? Another thing that bugged me was the protagonist's voice - he just didn't sound like a teenage boy.

In retrospect, reading the sequel to Fracture was a waste of time.
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Insanity
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Mistwalker
  • The Lure
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Goddess
  • Mayday
Megan Miranda is the New York Times bestselling author of ALL THE MISSING GIRLS. She has also written several books for young adults, including FRACTURE, HYSTERIA, VENGEANCE, SOULPRINT, and THE SAFEST LIES. She grew up in New Jersey, graduated from MIT, and lives in North Carolina with her husband and two children. THE PERFECT STRANGER (4/11/17) is her second novel of psychological suspense.

Fracture (2 books)
  • Fracture (Fracture, #1)
“My mother always wanted to live near the water," she said. "She said it's the one thing that brings us all together. That I can have my toe in the ocean off the coast of Maine, and a girl my age can have her toe in the ocean off the coast of Africa, and we would be touching. On opposite sides of the world.” 15 likes
“Who would win in a fight? The past or the future? The past. Every time. It was relentless.” 4 likes