Start by marking “Sometimes, After Sunset” as Want to Read:
Sometimes, After Sunset

Sometimes, After Sunset

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Here are two mesmerizing novels by one of SF's fastest rising stars:

Sabella, or the Blood Stone.
Love was a luxury she could not afford. The huntress does not love her prey, after all, and Sabella Quey's need to hunt was overpowering.
It had been so ever since the day she had wandered into the ruins on Novo Mars and found the strange gem. The thirst for blood had grown in h
hardcover, 2-in-1, 311 pages
Published 1980 by Nelson, Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about Sometimes, After Sunset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sometimes, After Sunset

Karl
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tanith_lee-own
I admit it, I bought the book for the cover, however I ended up liking the book.
Ана Хелс
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Две книги, наглед нямащи общо една с друга – приказка за духове и убийци на призраци във фентъзийно безвремие и фантастична история за извънземни вампири, стоящи в основата на марсианско равновесие в далечно бъдеще, без общи елементи, герои или дори стил, освен обичайната класа на думите на Танит Ли. И все пак духът излязъл от бутилката, независимо дали дебнещ по прашния път край мътно блато, или в междугалактическа кръчма на тераформирана планета, те хваща и води в света на немъртвите и умрелит ...more
Shane
Jun 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read "Kill the Dead" years ago and here are my notes: Boring,confusing ending,telling instead of showing, bad hero.

I tried to read "Sabella, or The Blood Stone" with my wife and after about 65 pages (midway) we were bored to tears. The vampire in a sci-fi setting was kind of jarring and it was just really "emo" and slow.

Tanith Lee is one of my favorite authors, but it's funny because her books/stories are usually either completely amazing or utterly terrible and painful to read. If you want to
Jamie (ReadsInTrees) Dacyczyn
This book was alright. Actually, it's two smaller books in one volume. I didn't feel particularly wowed by either, although I picked it up because the 2nd book (Kill the Dead) was supposed to have a knock-your-socks-off twist near the end. Unfortunately, I sort of lost interest about halfway through, and only skimmed the rest of the book. Ghost stories with obvious, in-your-face ghosts don't really do anything for me.

This would probably be a better book for someone who likes the paranormal genre
Erinn
I really didn't get into this book, and had a hard time even finishing it. I'm glad I did though, because the end surprised me.
Kyri Freeman
Feb 27, 2017
Michael Kucharski
May 04, 2009
Gina
Feb 07, 2013
Ravenloudspeaker
rated it did not like it
Mar 22, 2016
Robert
Jan 14, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Last Rainbow (Firelord, #3)
  • The Time of the Vampires
  • Master of the Sidhe
  • Nifft the Lean
  • The Best Ghost Stories
  • Below the Root (Green Sky, #1)
  • War in Hell (Heroes in  Hell, #10)
  • Guinevere
  • Tambu
  • Red Hart Magic (The Magic Series, #6)
  • The Warrior Enchained
  • Traveling with the Dead (James Asher, #2)
  • The Princess of Flames
  • The Illustrated Roger Zelazny
  • The Christening Quest (Argonian #4)
  • Frostflower And Thorn (Frostflower, #1)
  • Nora and Liz
  • The Zanzibar Cat
Tanith Lee was a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She was the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She also wrote four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a wai
More about Tanith Lee...