Start by marking “Heaven is Under Our Feet” as Want to Read:
Heaven is Under Our Feet

Heaven is Under Our Feet

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This is the book that commanded America's attention--and spearheaded the fight to save the cradle of the American environmental movement. Filled with moving, personal essays by concerned celebrities and thinkers, edited by Don Henley and Dave Marsh, it is a call to arms for anyone who cares about the environment and the future of the earth.
Published October 1st 1991 by Longmeadow Press

To ask other readers questions about Heaven is Under Our Feet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven is Under Our Feet

Beverly
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a timeless treasure! A collection of short essays answering the question "How civilized are we?" edited by Don Henley. Lucky me, I own a copy and it is autographed to me. "To Beverly. Best Wishes. Don Henley 12-91." The first in my collection of books autographed by their author, (in this case editor). It is still available through the Walden Pond gift shop.
Sep 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Activists, hippies, treehuggers
This is not always the easiest book to find, as it tends to go in and out of print. The original was edited by Dave Marsh and Don Henley, the drummer from the Eagles who since has chaired The Walden Woods Project, an ongoing fight to preserve the pond where Henry David Thoreau wrote the first major American environmental treatise.

This book is made up of a number of short stories and essays by a staggering array of people; actors, musicians, politicians, and spiritual leaders all weigh in on the
Emily
Feb 08, 2014 marked it as abandoned
I read about half of this book, but gave it up because all the essays said the same thing--"humans are destroying the Earth and they need to stop." Also, the book is from the 1990s, thus its statistics are probably outdated.
Ann
May 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of stories. I really enjoyed this. I met Don Henley and Dave Marsh as well, very awesome authors.
Dawn
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Some of the essays are filler and some are goofy (Bette Midler's is just silly). But Don Henley's is lovely--I still love the man--and the more scientific ones are treasures.
Annie
Joan
Jul 31, 2015
Stephanie Teek
May 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book filled with quotes, all about saving the earth.
Patricia Wilson
Kim Dixon
May 14, 2015
Ellen Holladay
Mar 07, 2012
Donald Hugh "Don" Henley is an American singer, songwriter and drummer, best known as a founding member of the Eagles before launching a successful solo career. Henley was the drummer and lead vocalist for the Eagles from 1971–1980, when the band broke up. Henley sings lead vocals on Eagles hits such as "Witchy Woman", "Desperado", "Best Of My Love", "One Of These Nights", "Hotel California", "Lif ...more