Start by marking “Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax” as Want to Read:
Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  743 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Oh, the Places You'll Go!

For out-starting upstarts of all ages, here is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from the one and only Dr. Seuss. In his inimitable, humorous verse he addresses the Great Balancing Act (life itself, and the ups and downs it presents) while encouraging us to find the success that lies within us.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You wi
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 25th 2008 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

jb Byrkit
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful kids book
The UHQ Nasanta

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Narrated by John Lithgow

Enjoyed his performance. On the high notes, he sounded upbeat and when speaking of the down notes, he appropriately sounded rather downtrodden but still hopeful. I thought that the music and sound effects were a nice touch.

3.5 stars for the story
3.5 stars for the narration

The Lorax
Narrated by Ted Danson

Ted Danson did a wonderful performance as the Lorax and the narrator. I thought that the music and sound effects helped to set the mood a
Aish
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I cannot wait to see
The words people will write
Because some can be
Very contrite.

The words I read,
On a brown kitchen table,
Made me dread
The end of a fable.

I liked it,
And everyone else too,
With great spirit,
And a voice that went "ooh!".

I'm not a poet. I don't know how punctuation applies to poetry and I've never bothered to figure out. Take that with a grain of salt.
Elisa Pereyra-Molina
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
April
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Kelley Mcalhany
Great book for inspiring children to do what they want to do and allow them to dream big. Good for the end of the year wrap up.
Jeimy
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
John Lithgow's rendition of Oh, the Places You'll Go! is fabulous. Ted Danson was a disappointment after listening to Lithgow who should read all of Dr. Seuss's audiobooks, if you ask me!
jodi
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for graduations.
Brian
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened
A couple of classic stories read expertly by well known actors. It was the camping selection for Claire and I and quite enjoyable.
Austin Wright
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
HEY!!!! Let's join his happiest book with his saddest book!!!!! WOW!!!! What a terrible idea!!!
Eileen V
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
it's a good book
Joann Park
future
B
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Leticia
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Oh, the places..." definitely my favorite Dr. Suess story
Julie James
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-kids-books
Adore both of these books so much!!! fantastic stories and messages. Timeless and fun!
Mary Mckernan
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Each of my children received this book after their college graduation.
Heidi
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great narration.
Catherine
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very special book with a message that is timeless. Everybody needs to read or listen to this book, probably once a month!

I only rated Oh, the places you'll go!
Charmayne
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
love love loved it, wo can resist Dr Seuss :-)
Fionn
Jun 23, 2011
Rosa
Dec 30, 2010
  • Dr. Seuss's Gertrude McFuzz: Vocal Score
  • The One and Only Shrek!
  • Douglas Adams Live in Concert
  • Bartlett and the Ice Voyage (Barlett, #1)
  • Once Upon a Midnight Eerie (The Misadventures of Edgar & Allan Poe, #2)
  • Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies (An Awfully Beastly Business, #2)
  • Blaze The Ice Dragon (Beast Quest, #23)
  • The Garden Behind The Moon
  • Happy Halloween, Little Critter!
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • Birds
  • If You Take a Mouse Five-Book Set (If You Take a Mouse to the Movies; If You Take a Mouse to School; If You Give a Moose a Muffin; If You Give a Mouse a Cookie; If You Give a Pig a Pancake)
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • Choral Warm-ups from A-Z: Singing Dr. Seuss's ABC
  • The Greedy Python
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Dead Eagles (Encyclopedia Brown, #12)
  • Purple, Green and Yellow
More about Dr. Seuss...
“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!” 3115 likes