Start by marking “Confessions from an Honest Wife: On the Mess, Mystery & Miracle of Marriage” as Want to Read:
Confessions from an Honest Wife: On the Mess, Mystery & Miracle of Marriage

Confessions from an Honest Wife: On the Mess, Mystery & Miracle of Marriage

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Presents composites of women who share their exhilarating, baffling, and sometimes-disheartening experiences in marriages. This book assures readers that through the triumphs and defeats of the marriage relationship, there can be growth, forgiveness, hope, and revelation of God's faithfulness in their lives.
Published March 1st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Confessions from an Honest Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions from an Honest Wife

Deann Doolittle
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
Good read
Tracy
May 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is actually a bunch of short stories, each from a different woman... It made the book so fabulously diverse! Each story made me value my marriage, my role in it, and my husband and family more! It also drew some great parallels between our relationship with God and our relationship with our spouse.

I'd recommend it for anyone who's married and will be giving a copy to every girl getting ready to take that walk down the aisle!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
It is not that I didn't like it so much as it was not what I expected. While there was a lot of good food for thought, as someone else commented, there were no solutions. It made me appreciate the marriage I have, examine some of my own motives and expectations in my marriage, and pondering some issues from the perspective of another person.
Barbie
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest, as a woman who was raised by godly parents on the missionfield and now being married to a minister myself. I SO appreciated her honesty. There are so many things we girls especially Christians won't share with others, their struggles, expectations, questions on sexual intimacy etc. I thought it was great!
Ginger Shultz
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Wives and soon to be wives everywhere
Recommended to Ginger by: Susan
This is a great book for anyone who is currently or soon to be playing the wife card. It brings a nice, realistic, and brutally honest, Christian perspective to the table about what a real marriage and real love actually are, as opposed to the fairytale you hear about your whole life. It's a GREAT book.
Jen
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let's be honest, marriage is hard. These women are brave for sharing the side of marriage not a lot of people talk about. A good marriage requires a lot of work and honesty - I wish women would stop acting like their life is perfect and get real about the ups AND downs and how they forge ahead. Thanks to this book you can hear some stories that will inspire you to keep on working at it!
Kate
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'm probably outside the target audience for this as an older and more secular reader. I found it more interesting and engaging than I expected but I would have found more detail in the case studies a lot more helpful.
Maggie
Feb 05, 2008 rated it liked it
This was interesting and very honest. 20 different struggles real women share about their marriages. Not alot of solutions except stick it out, communicate and watch God work. Its a quick read and makes you think.
Amber
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, although I felt like it had more of a reference format than one that was meant to be read straight through. I really related to several of the women, and felt like I came out of it with a better understanding of what a Godly marriage really looks like.
The Finks
Oct 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
So far I have found this book to be quite insightful and it has helped me to open my eyes in relation to marriage.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
This was depressing! Just like Transparent. There was no biblical solution and the womens stories did nothing to bring me closer to God.
Nicole Fisher
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
Honest confessions from Christian wives about life, love, and difficulty in marriage. So refreshing to read about authentic Christian women and their struggles.
Megan Vaughan
Sep 04, 2007 rated it liked it
Its an interesting look at marriages none of us really want. Read it, learn from it, move on.
Got Passion?
Julia
Jan 26, 2009
Allyson
Jul 12, 2012
Sarah Zacharias Davis is the Executive Director of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. She rejoined RZIM after a position as Senior Advancement Officer at Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology. She served previously as Vice President of Marketing and Development for RZIM and in strategic marketing for CNN and was the recipient ...more