Start by marking “Absolute Trouble” as Want to Read:
Absolute Trouble

Absolute Trouble

(Avalon Investigations #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Julien Langlois is a man hiding secrets -- and the only obstacle between him and his plans is Dulcinea Quinn, the stubborn redhead holding him in protective custody on her houseboat. One sultry night, Julien tries to gain his freedom with some seductive persuasion -- but her passionate response to his sensual assault unexpectedly ensnares him. Dulcie's never known such a c ...more
Published September 1st 1998 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Trouble

♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: 4.25 // Action: 1 / Emotion: 5 / Romance: 5 / Sensuous: 4 / Suspense: 2 // Laughter: 5 / Tears: 9

Michelle Jerott: A strong, vivid story-teller who knows how to reach deep into the heart of a romance reader by generating feelings of empathy for both the hero and the heroine. There is something about the way she writes that works for me.

Absolute Trouble: Michelle Jerott's debut novel. First book in The Pre-Avalon Series (a four-book series).

Hero: Julien Langlois. Male stripper. Sel
Romance: 5/5
Humor: 3/5
Pace: 4/5
Suspense: 2/5

This was my second reread of this book. Great story. I immediately connected with Dulcie. It took a little longer for me to connect with Julien, but not much. It was a fairly emotional read. Which is why I didn't read the book in public… my eyes had a tendency to spring leaks while reading this. It was a bit long although the pace isn't bad. I tried to skim some scenes, but I failed at that and so just read like normal.

As I've said
Lhenry
I forgot how much I liked this one till I read it again. I really felt how strong the love between the hero, Julien and the heroine, Dulcie was - it seemed unforced and also helped both of them grow past their issues. It turns out to be an equal partnership with at times Julien helping Dulcie and later Dulcie is helping Julien, whose story is quite tragic. There was not much suspense for most of the story - but there's a nice exciting climax.
Pandora
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real thoughts, real feelings, real words

The author was very accurate with with the locations. The characters were as real as I've ever read. Most suspense/ mysteries have a tendency to go over board with the violence, she did not. Nor did Michele feel it necessary to inundate the reader with excess police procedures/techniques. Wish she had followed with more than just one other book in series.
Robin
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Former cop Dulcie Quinn is asked by her ex-partner to keep an eyewitness in protective custody on her small houseboat. She doesn't expect the witness to be a sexy man in a G-string.

This is a nice "cabin" romance. I started out enjoying the story of Dulcie & Julian, but the second half of the book became a little too predictable for me. My rating: 3.5 Stars.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Dulcie is an ex-cop and asked to hide Julian from a drug dealer.

It had so much potential and the synopsis really intrigued me. Unfortunately, it was only fair. I can only give this 2 stars. I think there was something in the style of writing itself that didn't speak to me.
xina1280
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Going on a reread of Michelle Jerott books. This is one of her best.The hero is an exotic dancer...okay, stripper, and the heroine lives on a houseboat in New Orleans. Much fun, a little angsty, slightly dated but a good read.
Kristiej
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this one about four times now and love it each and every time
Cheryl
Aug 25, 2011
Danielle
Jul 05, 2012
Satu
rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2013
Jun 13, 2011
Brenda Bontrager
Feb 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Michelle Jerott very first romances she ever read, way back in high school, were Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's "The Flame and the Flower" and "The Wolf and the Dove" (published by Avon in the mid-70s). She said: "I fell in love with Heather and Brandon, Wulfgar and Aislinn--and have been hooked on romances ever since. I like nothing better than to curl up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee, and ro ...more

Avalon Investigations (7 books)
  • Getting Her Man
  • Off Limits
  • One Way Out
  • Hide in Plain Sight
  • Tough Enough (Avalon Investigations, #6)
  • Her Last Chance