Start by marking “Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend: It's Time to Declutter Your Life!” as Want to Read:
Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend: It's Time to Declutter Your Life!

Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend: It's Time to Declutter Your Life!

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
First edition jump starter for decluttering. Just reading this motivational guide will have you feeling lighter right away as Don shows how less junk leads to lower stress. Fun, inspiring, and packed with practical advice, quick techniques, and easy solutions you can apply to your life immeadiately. Includes a field guide to the most common kinds of clutter.
Published July 1st 1996 by Betterway Books

To ask other readers questions about Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend

Cydni Perkins
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This is about my tenth time reading this book, and I think I will probably declutter it in the next purge. It was inspiring to me for many years and it motivated me to get rid of a lot of things. Don Aslett has written some things that have really stayed with me over the years. Like where he asserts that we think having two homes will be double the wealth, but in reality it's double the worry and double the responsibility. Or where he says that things die in storage, which I think is really true ...more
Haines Borough Public Library
View in catalog here: http://haines.evergreencatalog.com/op...

Holly says: "[I] actually [recommend] everything related to de-cluttering and house-cleaning that Don Aslett has written – he’s so funny and has such great ideas!"

The Haines library owns 3 other Aslett titles related to decluttering:
Clutter's Last Stand It's Time To De-junk Your Life! by Don Aslett, For Packrats Only How to Clean Up, Clear Out, and Live Clutter-Free Forever! by Don Aslett, and Make Your House Do The Housework by Don Aslett.

Search for these titles in the library catalog, check one out today, and get inspired to de-junk and clean your house!
Libbeth
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've already read lots of decluttering books and blogs but there was still valuable insights and motivation here. Just what I need for the last few boxes of my mammoth task of emptying the attic that spans the house.
I found it very enlightening to read that he has never yet come across anyone who found that some old piece of clutter they were hanging on to for it's "value" was really treasure and not the trash that it actually was. Many items I have decluttered nearly didn't make it to the dona
Sue Eckel
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still the best inspiration for decluttering out there!

The very first decluttering book I ever read, when my kids were young, was a book by Don Aslett. I passed it on to a friend, never got it back, but that book spurred me on to declutter and be the minimalist I am today! Itbwas wonderful to see this book available on Kindle, and once again, his writing style is so motivational that I couldnt put this book down until I was finished. Mr Aslett, with his cleaning experience and great common sense,
Barb
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book will change your perspective on your STUFF. As someone that has been bringing stuff into my house for five years without ever getting rid of any stuff, this book has given me a new perspective on what I need to do, and why. Great read - funny, too - for someone wanting to de-clutter their house, or their lives in general.
Kim
Mar 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
okay, so I grabbed this book, and all my husband said was "we don't have clutter, you know there is such a thing as being too organized." He is right, but this book is AWESOME and I would highly recommend it to all you have to de-stress and become more organized!
Kristen MacGregor
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing what you can learn about yourself when you read a self-help book! This book is all about the clutter and junk we surround ourselves with: how it affects our lives, and how to get rid of it! Definitely implementing some of this soon!
Reina
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This was pretty good, but more about why you should than how to actually go about it. It got pretty redundant after awhile.
LaSchelle
Mar 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No nonsense tips in organizing. My nephews loved reading this as well. They kept taking my book and reading it themselves.
Mindy
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book on de-cluttering. I'm obviously reading it again to get rid of the clutter in my house.
Bryn
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book actually improved my life. It has great ideas in it!
J Crossley
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
As you can guess, the 200 pounds referenced in the title o the book is 200 pounds of clutter. Don Aslett makes his points with humor and funny pictures.
great inspiration for de-junking, but it IS interesting that he had to write 10 books on teh subject
Stephanie
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Just a followup book that regularly refers back to some if his older very popular books. One chapter was very preachy, but just move on and you will enjoy. Good push to get going on decluttering.
Maria
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent book to help us packrats declutter and really lose 200 lbs. I've lost more than that since reading this book but I have a lot more to go!
Jennifer Watson
Aug 19, 2014
C.
Aug 27, 2013
Maha
Jun 16, 2013
Laura Lee
Feb 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A lot of humor and some good ideas.
Patricia
Oct 08, 2012
Erin
Feb 13, 2014
Avis Black
rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2008