Start by marking “The Team That Wouldn't Die” as Want to Read:
The Team That Wouldn't Die

The Team That Wouldn't Die

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The 6 February 1998 marks the 40th anniversary of the Munich air disaster. Twenty three people died as the plane carrying Manchester United home from a Euopean Cup tie crashed after refuelling in Germany. Eight of those were United players. This is a tribute to those who died.
Paperback
Published February 1st 1998 by Trafalgar Square Publishing (first published March 20th 1975)

To ask other readers questions about The Team That Wouldn't Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Team That Wouldn't Die

Pete daPixie
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: footie
There are many facets to any tragedy. 'The Team That Wouldn't Die-The Story of the Busby Babes' is a many faceted book. Originally published in 1975, John Roberts has re-published in 2008 with an added two chapters and epilogue. As Sir Matt Busby wrote in the original Introduction 'It is a highly readable recollection of that period and some parts of the book were completely fresh and new to me, even though I was so deeply and personally involved.'
As well as the eight victims of the 'Munich team
James D.
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Soccer fans, sports history buffs
On the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster, it struck me that I haven't shared this read with my list. This is a moving true story of how a bunch of young highly talented soccer stars had their future robbed from them in a horrific airplane tragedy on a freezing February night,leaving Munich,Germany in 1958.A gripping part of sports history.
Ally Atherton
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

As a lifelong supporter of Manchester United I have always known a little bit about the team's history and the Munich Air Disaster but I have learned so much more from reading this,

Before I turned the first page I wasn't expecting it to be that good of a read but I was wrong. First published in 1975 and with subsequent updates, it is a fascinating look back at the events of February 6, 1958 and the repercussions it had on Manchester United Football Club, the fans and Manchester itself.

Well resea
Andi Garbett
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book focusing on all people involved in the Munich Air Disaster. Talking to the surviving relatives (in 1975) John Roberts give an impression of each member of the Busby Babes who died. Also given are accounts on all of the Media Staff who died on that fateful day (6th February 1958). This book is great for those who like the history of Football and are looking for a book that gives accurate information about the Munich Air Disaster. A great read, I couldn't put it down!
Andrew Richardson
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
Considering it's subject matter, it's a very well done book. Informative, yet respectful.
David Roach