Start by marking “The Scarlet Macaw Scandal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Scarlet Macaw Scandal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #8)

The Scarlet Macaw Scandal

(Nancy Drew: Girl Detective #8)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  478 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Bess, George, and I volunteered to go to Costa Rica for some R&R: rest and research. See, Corcovado Ecologica, a popular resort and preserve, isn't only a beautiful getaway; it's also a great place to study three species of monkeys. Or so we thought.

When we arrived on the scene, we found the place in a shambles, and the monkeys were few and far between. And if the pr

Published November 1st 2004 by Aladdin (first published October 26th 2004)

Jerry
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
As usual, this series delivers once again.
Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥
Good, but really predictable.
Natasha Jacobs
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young teenagers or fans of mystery books

This book is part of the Nancy Drew series and it did not disappoint me in delivering on the usual Nancy Drew mystery series charm. I thought that it was a refreshing break from the usual River Heights scene in which the vast majority of Nancy Drew books are set, and I particularly enjoyed the descriptions of Costa Rica's nature during the book.

Where this book was disappointing for me, is that for the vast majority of the book Nancy Drew and her friends George and Bess where carrying out survey
Stephanie
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well, I like birds, I like Nancy Drew and I like mysteries. So one would assume I would have loved this one. Unfortunately I found it just a bit too slow, for about two thirds of the book I was wondering why it was given this particular title and Nancy kept insisting SOMETHING was going on, but one didn't really know WHAT it was. It was a bit annoying, and different I guess. But I don't really read these books for their deep literary and divine story telling I read them for entertainment, and ev ...more
Ayana Myles
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book because I loved it so much I read it in about an hour there are like 100+ pages this book is about nancy drew and her friends in costa rica they go to a rain forest and discovered that it wasn't as luxurious as they thought and the other parts were to die for because they were so mysterious and always keeps you guessing
Heaven
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. I read it in less than 24 hours.

Nancy Drew and her friends are spending a week in Costa Rica as volunteers in the rainforest to look for monkeys. Things honestly aren't right when monkey's and birds are missing from the forest. This book was very suspensful and I would reccomend it to anyone who loves mysteries around the age 8-12.
Reagan
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is about Nancy Drew and her two friends Bess and George, as they figure out why the monkeys are disappearing. Is it really about the monkeys though. Read about Nancy and how she unlocks the mystery of the Scarlet Macaw.
Lindsay
This is an amazing book with mystery. Its about when Nancy goes to Costa Rica and something happens when she trys to study monkeys
matilde
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
*3.75*
Addie Cooper
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book so much! It's my favorite. Nancy Drew will never let you down!
Christy Schaefer
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this was one of my favorites of the 'new' style..
Safiya
Jun 28, 2008
Jessica Robinson
Jun 29, 2010
Caroline
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2011
rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2018
Alisa
Jul 31, 2017
  • Burned (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #6)
  • Dress Reversal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #12)
  • Circle of Fire (American Girl History Mysteries, #14)
  • Danger at the Wild West Show (American Girl History Mysteries, #19)
  • Betrayal at Cross Creek (American Girl History Mysteries, #22)
  • Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal (American Girl History Mysteries, #21)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Without a Trace (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #1)
  • A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #2)
  • False Notes (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #3)
  • High Risk (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #4)
  • Lights, Camera... (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #5)
  • Action! (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #6)
  • The Stolen Relic (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #7)
  • Secret of the Spa (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #9)
  • Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #10)
  • Riverboat Ruse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #11)