Start by marking “Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling” as Want to Read:
Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling

Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling

Take a satirical scamper through organizational life in the midst of changing times, brought to you by master storyteller and former World Bank executive Steve Denning. With wisdom and a healthy dose of wit, Denning introduces a cast of furry characters who together learn the fine art of change through storytelling in their quest to overcome obstacles, generate enthusiasm ...more
Published June 10th 2004 by Jossey-Bass (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Squirrel Inc., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Squirrel Inc.

Start your review of Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling
Visnja Zeljeznjak
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wrote extensive book reading notes on my personal blog, from which I'm bringing you the intro:

Business needs more storytelling. It needs more storytellers. This book has taught me the basic elements of a story, and it gave me specific examples of the situations and the kinds of stories a business should tell to inspire change.

The book is written as a parable itself. It’s a story of how squirrels wanted to switch to nut storing, instead of starving every winter. So, with this book you get 2 th
Stasha
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good reminder of the power of communication and that we learn and remember items we learn in story form.
Michalyn
Dec 16, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2007
I loved the simple, storytelling style of this book. It presents some complex issues in an intuitive way but it seems higher on inspiration than on substance. It's hard to take away anything concrete that can be implemented in real life. Also, at times I felt the author's portrayal of certain archetypal characters was too biased/negative. Still if anything else it's a refreshing take on leadership and a fun read.
Jen Janicki
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Although this book was designed to be an inservice on how to motivate underlings through storytelling, it was just a plain, good read. I did, however, see characteristics of many of my coworkers in many of the main characters.

I would recommend this book for adults in the business world.
Kasey
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A short but charming story that clearly and concisely illustrates the concepts embodied by the term "corporate storytelling."
Colin Pearce
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yeah. It's OK. It's well written but the effect it will have on business owners is questionable. Not the fault of the book though.
Mario Peimbert
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
You need to practice to see how the storytelling works. You need to know your public and try to think in the right story to communicate efficently.
Ann Marie
May 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Intersting. I'm reading it for a workshop I'm developing on Leadership and Storytelling.
Mindaugas
Jul 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Don't waste time with this.
Michael
Jan 08, 2007
Nick Blackbourn
Sep 20, 2017
Jim
rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2016
Koen
Sep 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious
  • Expert Political Judgment: How Good Is It? How Can We Know?
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
  • Licence to be Bad: How Economics Corrupted Us
  • The Housekeeper and the Professor
  • The Disney Way, Revised Edition: Harnessing the Management Secrets of Disney in Your Company
  • The Satanic Verses
  • 2 Second Lean: How to Grow People and Build a Fun Lean Culture
  • Always Eat Left Handed: 15 Surprising Secrets For Killing It At Work And In Real Life
  • Non-Obvious: How to Think Different, Curate Ideas & Predict The Future
  • The Talent Code: Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About Everything Else
  • Brain Hacks: Life-Changing Strategies to Improve Executive Functioning