Start by marking “A Walk to Remember: Kan Kukenang Selalu” as Want to Read:
A Walk to Remember: Kan Kukenang Selalu

A Walk to Remember: Kan Kukenang Selalu

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  583,178 Ratings  ·  11,883 Reviews
Sewaktu berusia tujuh belas tahun, hidup Landon Carter berubah selamanya. Dan semua karena Jamie Sullivan…

Jika cinta bisa memilih, Landon tentu tidak akan memilih untuk jatuh cinta pada Jamie. Gadis yang selalu membawa Alkitab ke sekolah, menyelamatkan binatang yang terluka, menjadi relawan di panti asuhan... gadis yang suci dan memiliki hati bak malaikat. Tak ada yang per
Published April 2002 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1999)

Komal Mikaelson
Sylvia03
I like the book better than the movie.

the struggle of jamie and langdon for their love over death...sounds cliche, but i think the book is the second best romance story next to Love Story by Erich Segal.

try to read it at 2 am in the morning when all you hear is silent and you'll get into the story until you burst into tears...

i smiled.
i cried.

nice.
Blythe
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone! Especially people skeptical about reading Nicholas Sparks
This was my first book by Sparks, and let me tell you, it. was. perfect. It’s so hard writing reviews for books you absolutely love, and this review will not do this book justice, so just bear with me.

I was pretty unsure about this book at first, and when I was told by a friend to read a Sparks book, absolutely any of my choosing, I didn’t really want to. But, despite not wanting to read I book by him, because I was being stubborn and thought I would absolutely hate it, I went on my library’s w
Ana
Nobody touch me akdhsjaj.

*throws chair and has to be restrained by bewildered co-workers*

babies_gif
James Trevino
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised by how much I liked this one. This was my first Nicholas Sparks read and after years of it being recommended to me I finally gave in.

I expected a by the numbers, cliche, love story. And it was in a way, but the characters were great and so the journey was great. And sad.

You know where this is headed from the very beginning in a way, but it still surprises you at points.
And no, I did not cry... I think... Maybe... Manly tears only...
AMEERA
i'll be honest i'm not huge fan of romantic books but this book was different in some way have a beautiful message and i get it
K.D. Absolutely
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, love-story
"Promise me, that you won't fall in love with me" says Jamie Sullivan to Landon Carter at the beginning of the novel. Nicholas Sparks might as well be telling me that because I picked this book based on my friend Patrick who has been insisting that this is the best Sparks. You see this is my 6th Sparks. I stopped after reading Safe Haven (2 stars) because I got tired of his Hallmark-kind of storytelling. So, I decided to give Sparks another try with a big doubt whether I would like this. This is ...more
Sharon
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
They say opposites attract and for Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter this was true. Jamie was the daughter of a small town baptist minister. Jamie was a sweet, kind girl who liked to volunteer at orphanages and rescue animals. Everywhere she went she carried her bible and she never put on make up and didn't mix with the so called cool kids. Where as Landon was totally the opposite as he was one of the cool popular kids who would hang out with his friends after dark.

Hard to imagine, but Landon fi
Casey
Sep 09, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sparks fans, but no one else
Shelves: your-book-sucked
A Walk to Remember details the story of Jamie Sullivan, a preacher's daughter who seems to know everything, and Landon Carter, the boy who would never be tempted by Jamie in real life. The plot is predictable enough, even if you haven't seen the movie. I won't spoil the ending here, but it leaves quite a lot to be desired.

I wanted to like this book, since so many people I knew enjoyed it, but I ended up hating it. The material was far too idyllic in some parts, and overly sanguine in others. I c
Jasmin
♪♫♪I'll always remember
It was late afternoon
It lasted forever
And ended too soon.
CRY, Mandy Moore

The song Cry, perfectly describes A Walk To Remember. It was short, but it would definitely be etched in my cranium for forever.

Who wouldn’t know Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan? In the movie, they were cast as Mandy Moore and Shane West.

[image error]

I remember it being a hit when I was in high school years ago. I watched the movie and loved it. I knew there was a book, but I only had a chance to
Beth
I've been ugly crying for the last 20% of the book.

Emotional wreck.
Jess
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fall in love with this book more and more each time I read it :) This is my favorite book and I'm glad I made it a tradition to reread it every year :)

Read for the first time: 2002? 2003?
Read for the second time: 2009?
Read for the third time: December 9, 2013
Read for the fourth time: December 3, 2014
Read for the fifth time: November 19, 2015
Read for the sixth time: December 4, 2016
Read for the seventh time: December 23, 2017
Ashley
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
first book of 2016 is a reread! I haven't read this book in a really long time. I forgot how short it was, it took me about an hour and a half to get through.

I still love it as much as I remember. Yes, its different than the movie, and I watched the movie first, many years ago...but the book is great, and its probably my favorite Sparks book to date.

come find me: IG: @ash.reads
Rollie
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm Rollie... and now leaping over my bounded forte?

Romance is the least among the genres that I craved to try. Instead, I stumbled upon reading this love story book. A risk indeed to read a different genre especially when it exempts among the genres you always thinks about. Thus, it doesn't just take twenty gulps to risk for it but takes time and sweat to decide the dilemma whether to give it a shot or not. Lately, I decided to widen my braced genres and I thought this book is worth the risk to
Namratha
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I am not a Nicholas Sparks fan. I like my love stories with a little more pizzazz, wit and humour. I want the heroines to be headstrong and dripping with pithy comebacks. I expect the heroes to be unassuming to begin with and memorable by the time I shut the book. And most of all, I want...no, I DEMAND a happy ending. So, keeping all these requirements in mind, A Walk To Remember is not my cup of tea.

And yet, dare I use a dreadful pun? The books had it's occasional *sparks*. It helped that I r
Suraya (thesuraya)
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tear-jerker
given that i have watched the movie multiple times before, this book is not what I expected to read. the are so many differences between both the movie and the book. the book is special but I love the movie way more. The movie meant a lot to me than the book did.
Suzanne
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Read prior to GR. I just bought this last week for my daughter, so you never know. I may re-read. Loved the movie too, the lesser known Shane West was a fave from my very most fave show ER. Sweet, innocent and hopeful. What's not to love about that?
Meret Punk
3.5 stars (:
So beautiful :') ..
I have seen the movie many years ago, but I still enjoyed reading this very much❤..
My favourite part here is the part where Landon starts to change..
My only problem was that I felt their love but I couldnt feel their sorrow..
Am I making sense?
Eventhough I really liked this book, I have to say, I had expected a little more when I first started it :( ..
Alexxy
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
'It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make.
In every way, a walk to remember.'

If I was to shorten the story in one sentence, I'd say A Walk to Remember is the story of bad boy Landon falling in love with sweet and innocent Jamie.

The writing was easy and the plot wasn't too complicated. Some things were also a tad bit cliché but I don't think that anything will ever be new in romance novels anymore.

At first, Landon's character really pissed me off but he g
Sandy
I only picked up this book from the library because they didn't have the specific books I was looking for in, so I walked through the aisles and randomly selected a few so the trip wasn't a waste. When I saw it on the shelf, I remembered that someone a while ago had recommended that I read it and "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks, and because books are almost always better than the movie versions, I decided to give it a shot.

I actually liked the movie when I saw it. I am a sappy girl like that s
Syndi
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ah! what a beautiful heart wrenching poignant love story.

its very very simple yet very much complx at the same time. this is the only nicholas sparks novel that i love. none of his other novels can compare to this book.

and the movie.... tear jerking for sure.
Tahera
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has taken me 19 years to finally read 'A Walk to Remember' the book.. the movie version is one of my all time favourites. Although after reading the book I now realise that the movie was tweaked a bit, it still retained the essence of the book ❤. ...more
NadiaN99
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
معصوميتي كه توي اين داستان احساس ميشه خيلي وقته از داستان هاي عاشقانه محو شده(حداقل تا جايي كه من ديدم) خوبه همچين كتابايي رو بخونيم و به خودمون ياداوري كنيم كه همه ادما -توي هر وضعيتي كه باشن- ميتونن فرصت عشق و عاشق بودن رو داشته باشن
-و گريه كنيم،خيلي گريه كنيم-
El Librero de Valentina
Si les gustan las historias de amor ligeras, es una muy buena opción, por eso mi calificación de 4 estrellas. Sim embargo, después de terminarlo admito que no soy fan del escritor y todavía no tengo la razón muy clara, me encanta el romance, pero creo que es el tema de los clichés lo que hace que me desilusione un poco de la lectura.
Aisyah ♡
My first Nick Sparks book, a beautiful one too. At first I was kind of reluctant to read it since the story is set in 1958 and I thought it was going to be slow and well, boring. Boy was I wrong, this book was engaging and I feel that it's very entertaining to read the book in Landon's POV.

I particularly love the stark contrast between Landon, the bad boy gone good, and Jamie, the devout Christian girl who is everything nice on the surface and with closer inspection, a strong character whom I f
Bridget
Aug 08, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hated it. First and last Sparks book for me. Tried way to hard to go for the tear jerking moments.
Teresa
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this book was. Once again, Nicholas Sparks outdone himself. When I first started reading this, I didn't expect much, seeing as how it was a tragedy and I don't really care for tragedies, after the disaster with Romeo and Juliet LOL. However, there was something more to this book than other sad books I've read in my life. For one, this book touched my heart-REALLY touched my heart- and made me ask myself all these questions about love an ...more
Anne
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a truly beautiful and simple love story
Recommended to Anne by: Sarah - Thornton's girl
I love A Walk to Remember. Simply love it.

And I don't often say this, but the movie was better. I loved this book, and it had many wonderful elements that the movie lacked, but somehow it didn't come get me the way the movie never fails to do. I never cry at movies, as in never (ask Becca - she'll gladly give you a ready confirmation!), but A Walk to Remember usually makes me tear up a few times.

I've seen it countless times and love it so much that I thought it was finally time to give the boo
Tanbanan
Apr 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
My all time favorite Nicholas Sparks book! It was the first one that I read and remains the one I love the most!
Effy
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You have to promise you won't fall in love with me.”

You are heading towards an unprecedented calamity. You have a vague premonition of the emotional wreckage you'll suffer in no time at all. Yet you go against your sense of foreboding and end up having an irreparably broken heart at the end.

This recapitulates my bittersweet experience reading A Walk to Remember.

Nicholas Sparks used to be too mainstream and overrated an author for my taste. I decided to read this novel on a whim after watching
How do you interpret the ending? 45 1615 Nov 12, 2018 07:02AM
Books2Movies Club: A Walk to Remember - book and movie 1 14 Dec 03, 2017 11:19AM
The Book Was Better: A WALK TO REMEMBER 31 149 Oct 11, 2017 07:22AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Spoilers: A Walk to Remember 7 16 Aug 20, 2017 07:22PM
Which is better the movie or the book? 37 175 Apr 23, 2017 04:21PM
  • Finding Noel
  • Sam's Letters to Jennifer
  • The Angels Trilogy (Angels, #1-3)
  • The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Echoes
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • The Smoke Jumper
  • The Christmas Shoes (Christmas Hope #1)
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly #2)
  • The Last Valentine

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the n

“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.” 21835 likes