Start by marking “Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)” as Want to Read:
Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

Help Baby discover toes, ears, nose, and more in this lift-the-flap book by Marion Dane Bauer and illustrated by Karen Katz!

Inside my boots I've got toes,
and beneath my scarf is a...

Baby is bundled in a mountain of clothes! Peek under the flaps of clothing to find out what's underneath, and play this fun peekaboo book again and again!
Board Book, 16 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Toes, Ears, & Nose!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toes, Ears, & Nose!

Start your review of Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
I loved reading this to my children and now to my grandchildren. A wonderful interactive way to teach children about their body parts. Great illustrations.
Jem
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another favorite. Forget learning my body parts, this book is teaching me all about diversity. There's one girl who looks just like Aunt Jenny and a little black boy who looks just like Uncle Mo.
Nia King
Jul 04, 2014 added it
Shelves: identifying
This is a great way to introduce body parts! I love reading this to my daughter. There is a variety of vocabulary and descriptive illustrations.
J
Wonderful book! I used it on both toddlers and a group of younger preschoolers and it kept everyone's attention each time. Great way to talk about the different body parts and infuse some body awareness into the experience.
June
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: body part and clothing requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
Various body parts are revealed under things, from mittens to glasses.

Maybe more of a 3.5, but I am still trying to find books appropriate for my younger story time and this works. 12/12/17

The problem of using flap books and thinking you checked the book and hadn't. Multiple flaps missing. :(
Annie Payne
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute book to read to babies and toddlers!
Claudia Moore
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toes, Ears, & Nose is an excellent book to read to children to help them learn body parts. Because the book is interactive with the flaps, kids will enjoy flipping though the book. Also, this book will help teach kids more vocabulary than just body parts. This book will help teach kids different kinds of clothing. In the book we see mittens, boots, hats, scarf, sleeves, coat, glasses, and more. The words the book uses to describe where things also vary. The book uses words like beneath, ...more
Asho
When it comes to toddlers and books I feel like you can never go wrong with something illustrated by Karen Katz. F liked lifting the flaps in this book to see all the body parts. I couldn't quite get a handle on the rhyme scheme the first time I read this through, though (possibly reader error on my part!)
Allison Ster
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy-to-read
This is a great interactive book for young children who are learning parts of their body! For example, children are able to lift up mittens to see fingers. It's a very simple read and a great way to get kids excited about reading!
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Read several times to a toddler in the nursery on Christmas morning. It would have been better if some previous readers hadn't torn some of the flaps off (which had words written on them). I had to improvise some of the book.
Jamie Niedecker
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
The only purpose I can imagine for such juvenile yet fragile books would be for an older sibling to read to a younger sibling. The content is too immature even for most new readers. Younger kids don’t “get” the peekaboo flaps.
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
not as good as the original, but still cute toddler fun
Kady
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anything with flaps is a big hit right now.
The kids enjoyed this book because of the lift the flap aspect of it. I think it is a little hard to guess what the hidden body part will be, but it works for little ones.
kim
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
fun like the other ones
Kelly
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This lift the flap board book introduces all kinds of little body parts of the little ones!
Adam James
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, jackson-s-books
Nothing to see here - just padding my 2017 reading list so I can reach 100 books. Shhhhhh, don't tell...uh...God...?
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, bji
ISBN: 978-1-4814-1954-3
List Price: 11.99
Jessica
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el230a
This has been a favorite with two kids now, the book has actually taken a bit of a beating since it's a flip book. But It's so good for kids to learn the basics of their body. My littlest one not only loves pointing in the book, but then he applies it to himself, his brother, and even me. The flaps make it fun and engaging so that even my oldest still loves the surprise when he lifts the flaps.
Bree
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Archer is very interested in lift the flap books right now. This is one of the hits in our house. It's fun, colorful, and easy to read. You get to show your little ones some parts of the body like the nose, ears, and toes. While just having a great time lifting all the flaps . Open close open close open close:) Perfect book to add to your collection.
Nicole Blicht

Reading Log #5- Lift the Flaps Book

Title Toes, Ears, and Nose!
Author: Marion Dane Bauer
Illustrator Karen Katz
Genre: Lift the Flap Book, Fiction, Picture Book
Theme(s): Body Parts, articles of clothing, following directions
Opening line/sentence Inside my mittens I’ve got fingers.
Brief Book Summary A young reader will discover his toes, ears, and nose by lifting the flap on the babies article of clothing and seeing one of the body parts. The baby is bundled in this clothing and needs readers to
Kristen
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We picked this book up for free while we were attending the Festival of Tales event, at Paradise Valley Community College. The event was amazing and they provided us with 7 free books!

My daughter loves Karen Katz Lift-the-flap book. This is one we haven't seen or own! It's larger than the other cardboard lift-the-flap books we own which is nice. This focuses on body party again like "Where is Baby's Belly Button?", but there are more in depth body parts in this one - such as elbow, knee and
Rebecca
Oct 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
When it comes to identifying body parts with young kids, I find no book to be a substitute to face to face engaging time with a child, and in fact feel this just detracts from that one on one, prop free play time with little ones. Flap lifting is always fun for kids, but I much prefer books that tell a story and have genuine surprises under the flaps that I can't simulate with basic interaction. The littlest of the little might not understand the story at first, but through engaged, interactive ...more
Pamela
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents of toddlers
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Toes, Ears, and Nose" by Marion Dane Bauer was a great learning tool for my daughter. And, the illustrations by Karen Katz complimented the book very well. It's a lift-the-flap book(my daughter loved doing that part). The flaps represent a piece of clothing or other item that you would have on your person such as a scarf, candy or even glasses. Each time a flap is lifted, it reveals a body part as the title suggests - "toes, ears, and nose" among others.
As a parent, I thoroughly recommend this
Stephanie
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good book for teaching body parts and includes some that you wouldn't see typically such as elbow, tongue, teeth, etc. Caleb really enjoyed lifting the flaps. We've read this one several times now.
Lucinda
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: toddler-books
I will admit it - when I received these as part of a set of 3, with 'Where is Baby's Bellybutton?' and 'Where is Baby's Mommy?', I wasn't really that impressed. The drawings of children strike me as awkward (but there is ethnic/racial diversity at least), the text isn't very fun to read, and the flaps aren't as impressive as other flap books. But Iris LOVES these books. and she is, indeed, learning her body parts through them. I think. She also learns them through song and dance though, so I ...more
Samantha
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic lift-the-flap book! The flaps are inventive: mittens, boots, earmuffs, a scarf etc. This is a great book to share one-on-one or with a group (especially the baby/toddler crowd) because body parts like elbows, knees, toes etc are hidden under the flaps and when revealed you can prompt your audience to point to the same part on their body. Also illustrator Karen Katz presents us with culturally diverse pictures of cute babies. Three cheers for this fabulous board book!
Savannah
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This book covers the smaller body parts. Or the not so famous ones... I've got fingers, toes, ears, nose, elbows, knees, back, belly button, teeth, tongue, and eyes. My son knows what eyes, mouth, belly button, feet, and hands and where they are. Working on teeth, fingers, toes, and tongue so this one I like out of the two body part (Where is Baby's Belly Button?) books. Trying to talk to him about knees, elbows, belly, back, bum, arms, and legs more also.
Jessica
Sep 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book has brightly colored pictures. The book says inside my mittens I have or under my hat I have… Then the child can lift the flap and see what is underneath. The book goes through different body parts and what you would find (hands, feet, teeth, ears, toes). It is a cute book about body parts. I think it is good for toddlers because they can guess what is underneath. It makes them think about what it is and making predictions. It is a board book with easy to lift flaps.
Vicky McErlean
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good book for teaching body parts to little ones. The kids love lifting the flaps. The illustrations are simple but engaging. The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is that I would have preferred that the author focus on feet instead of toes, arms instead of elbows, and hands instead of fingers, for example.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Where's Spot?
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Little Blue Truck
  • Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • Belly Button Book
  • Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • But Not the Hippopotamus
  • Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
  • The Very Quiet Cricket
Marion Dane Bauer is the author of more than eighty books for young people, ranging from novelty and picture books through early readers, both fiction and nonfiction, books on writing, and middle-grade and young-adult novels. She has won numerous awards, including several Minnesota Book Awards, a Jane Addams Peace Association Award for RAIN OF FIRE, an American Library Association Newbery Honor ...more