Start by marking “Clementine (Star Maker, #3)” as Want to Read:
Clementine (Star Maker, #3)

Clementine

(Star Maker #3)

Aurora the daughter of a lord, and Clementine a servant's child, are blessed with gifts by the fairy Woodland Ladies at their joint christening. Then the vicious oldest Lady prophesies that at the age of 16, Clementine will betray Aurora to death.
Published December 6th 2001 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Clementine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clementine

Muphyn
Sweet retelling of Sleeping Beauty, set in 18th century France. But what's with the Australian king/knight whatever he was?! huh, that so didn't fit. And some dialogues seemed out of place, too modern given the general tone of the book.

The narrator clearly knew French so it really irritated me that she Anglised some names but not others.

The afterword by the author almost wrecks it all. Don't read it unless you want a lecture on why we should believe in fairies...
Jo
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: hard-copy-owned
I am not familiar with the other books in the series so perhaps the ending would have been better explained if I had read the first two. But I honestly was lost for the latter half of the book. Things happened quickly and with Alice's intervention which could have come anytime within the hundred years as far as I can tell. I did like how she used the backdrop of the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution to motivate the dads. The history was woven flawlessly into the story.
Bron
A short version of the Sleeping Beauty story, there is nothing that makes this story unique.
Aphie
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
I think if I'd found Masson as a teen I'd be enamoured of her. But as an adult, I find myself enjoying her work, but wanting MORE. More meat, and juice, and adult complications.
Brenda
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, 2007
A retelling of Sleeping Beauty. Unfortunately I found it tedious! I couldn't wait for it to be over.
Bekah
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story. Short but sweet. I absolutely adore Masson's retelling of a classic fairytale, and how she weaves the magic of nature into it too.
Janelle
Unfinished. I found it rather slow and boring.
Lani
Feb 15, 2013
Brittany
Jul 22, 2007
Nicole
rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2015
Story Sorcery
Nov 19, 2012
Roberta Genovese
Jan 08, 2010
Born in Indonesia of French parents, Sophie Masson was sent to live with her paternal grandmother in Toulouse, France, when she was just a baby and lived there till she was nearly five, when her parents came back from Indonesia and took her to Australia. All the rest of her childhood, the family stayed in Australia, with frequent trips back to France, and this dual heritage underpins a good deal o ...more

Star Maker (3 books)
  • Serafin (Star Maker, #1)
  • Malkin (Star Maker, #2)