Start by marking “A Crossworder's Gift (Crossword Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
A Crossworder's Gift (Crossword Mysteries, #7)

A Crossworder's Gift (Crossword Mysteries #7)

3.02  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"If crosswords are your puzzle of choice, you'll be delighted to meet [Nero Blanc]," says Mystery Reader. And indeed, these unique crossword mysteries (with puzzles included) have already earned a large and enthusiastic following. Now crossword editor Belle Graham and P.I. Rosco Polycrates are back-in five holiday stories from the bestselling author.
Published October 5th 2004 by Berkley Trade (first published October 5th 2003)

Bobby Underwood
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cordelia Frances Biddle and Steve Zettler, writing under the pseudonym, Nero Blanc, wrote this fun little collection of cozy mysteries for the holiday season. I picked this one up many years ago after enjoying A Crossword’s Delight. This one is a collection of shorter cozy mysteries which are a nice distraction when your reading time is limited.

HOLLY JOLLY ROGER takes place in Saint Lucia, and is filled with tropical fun at Christmas. There is a puzzle which Roscoe and Belle must solve as they e
Jo
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't realize before I started the book that it was a series of short stories rather than one novel. The concept of a PI/crossword puzzle editor mystery solving team sounded fun and as someone who likes words, I thought it would be a series that I'd really enjoy. But I didn't really enjoy it much at all. There was a lot of clever use of words - maybe trying to be clever rather than actually clever. I didn't understand a lot of the dialog. Maybe I'm just dense but I also didn't get the point o ...more
Lorraine
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A book of mystery short stories involving the crossword editor, Belle Graham, and her detective partner, Rosco Polycrates. Each story stands alone and 5 need to have a crossword solved to solve the mystery. It's a unique concept to which I was introduced in a previous Nero Blanc book. The mysteries are easy to solve and the crosswords add a challenge. A quick way to relax and combine two of my favourite activities, reading mysteries and solving crosswords.
Ann Busbey
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book, a compilation of short mystery stories, was rather disappointing to me. There were a few good tidbits of prose and dialog which made me consider a third star but they were not enough to overcome the uninspired mysteries. I may give the authors (a husband and wife writing as Nero Blanc) another chance because I enjoy crossword mysteries and the stories weren't awful but I hope they don't disappoint again.
Jonathan Bullock
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Very light and somewhat diverting book. The stories were pretty banal and disappointing, but the crosswords were fun to do. Very quick and easy read. Much more suited to US citizens. Lots of the crossword answers were abbreviations of organisations and groups that only an American would know.
Toni berkshire
Elizabet Cornejo
Jan 05, 2016
Vickie
Mar 31, 2008 rated it it was ok
Not sure I will read more of this author. Didn't hold my attention as well as I would have liked.
Blythe Lincoln
Dec 02, 2014
James
Aug 27, 2008
Ann
Nov 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Total fluff, but fun enough and the crosswords were pretty good. Definitely enjoyable.
Susan S. Jackson
Collette
Mar 03, 2011
Maryellen Winn
Feb 02, 2016

Crossword Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Crossword Murder (Crossword Mysteries, #1)
  • Two Down (Crossword Mysteries, #2)
  • The Crossword Connection (Crossword Mysteries, #3)
  • A Crossworder's Holiday (Crossword Mysteries, #4)
  • A Crossword To Die For (Crossword Mysteries, #5)
  • Corpus de Crossword (Crossword Mysteries, #6)
  • Anatomy Of A Crossword (Crossword Mysteries, #8)
  • Wrapped Up In Crosswords (Crossword Mysteries, #9)
  • Another Word For Murder (Crossword Mysteries, #10)
  • A Crossworder's Delight (Crossword Mysteries, #11)