Start by marking “Horrid Henry Meets the Queen” as Want to Read:
Horrid Henry Meets the Queen

Horrid Henry Meets the Queen

(Horrid Henry Early Reader #17)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  531 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
In these four stories the Queen is coming to visit Horrid Henry's school, he tries to hypnotise Moody Margaret, he tricks Perfect Peter into doing his household chores and Horrid Henry has a bath.
Published July 1st 2004 by Orion Children's Books (first published January 1st 2004)

Pipa Guest
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Henry gets up to his tricks again when the Queen visits his school.
Kevin Gilfillan
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben says 5 stars because it's so good!
Charlotte Stevens
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Horrid Henry Meets the Queen sees the Queen visit Henry’s school. However, much to Henry’s dismay his brother Perfect Peter is chosen by Mrs Battle-Axe to greet her on behalf of the school. All Henry wants to do is ask the Queen how many TV’s she has! In his annoyance Henry winds up his brother about his meeting with royalty only to confuse him when the real meet and greet happens. In his determination to ask the Queen his dying question, in typical Henry fashion he finds a way to get noticed, i ...more
Zeenat
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is part of the very famous series of Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon. Henry is always up to no good and is getting into trouble by his parents and teachers. He also has a younger brother called Perfect Peter who is the total opposite to Henry. Henry does not like Peter being praised for everything he does and therefore annoys him.

In this particular story Perfect Peter has been given the opportunity to meet the queen at school which Henry dislikes. He also wants to meet the queen and a
Shereil
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was really quite relevant as I read it as part of my narrative topic coming up to the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Henry is angry that Perfect Peter will meet the Queen instead of him and tricks him into doing lots of silly things like pulling rude faces and gestures. The children were really engrossed by this story and loved the imagery used. They were excited about the mention of the Queen and were happy to correct the actions of Henry if they should meet the Queen themselves. I thought t ...more
Tracey
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Horrid Henry does it again - I just love these stories about Henry. The queen is coming to the school and Perfect Peter has been given the task of greeting the queen and giving her flowers. Henry does not like this idea and claiming to assist Peter with this honour - goes about confusing Peter with some hilarious results. I am glad that I am not the queen or the teachers at the school with what Henry gets up to. The kids in my class loved this story and were horrified that Henry could be so disr ...more
Adrian Buck
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
My 8yo was delighted this celebration of bad(dish) behavior, but I was disappointed with the tremendously poor value for money this book represented. A slim volume for six quid, containing four stories, each consisting of so few words so widely spaced I thought it might have been intended as a early-readers text. The narrative was so thin it often read more like a screenplay than a story.

I was also a bit disconcerted about the abuse Queenie gets: Rotten Johnny a predecessor of Horrid Henry?
Rumena Khatun
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is perfect for the Jubilee celebrations. In the story, The Queen is about to visit Henry's school and as usual perfect Peter is chosen to welcome the Queen. But whenever Henry's around there is bound to be trouble. Henry is a lovable rogue who children can relate to who has fun and outrageous adventures.
Krishan Nanda
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is nice beacse it has many jokes that he makes keeps on asking the queen how many tv sets she has and give him one.
Francesca Simon
Mariam Abood
If I'm not mistaken, I think this was the first book I ever bought independently. A very funny read, and I have a lot of fond memories associated with this book. Possibly my favourite Horrid Henry book, but it's definitely in my top three. It's a contender, a wonderful book for all ages.
Charlie
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because each chapter is easier to think about than other stories. EACH STORY DESERVES 5 SOLID STARS!

This is one of the best books ever!

Title: Horrid Henry Meets the Queen
Author: Francesca Simon
Seungmin
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
short but fun
Aimee
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Horrid henry gets chosen to give the queen flowers and has to show some maners..... Good luck henry
Anessa
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Ursula
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Oh my goodness! I died laughing reading this back! I understand why I loved these so much and why they are so popular, I will never get rid of my books!
Elizabeth
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
We love Horrid Henry!
Maitha
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My daughter read it. Although she found it funny but she still thinks it deserves three stars. (whispering: maybe because it's a book about a boy) But I think the book is fabulously written.
Kate B
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Thank you, Francesca Simon, for getting my son through the library reading challenge when he was seven.
Max R.
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
very funny!!!I can't really remember what happened as I read it ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David Andrew
Jun 14, 2013
Julie
rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2013
Andrew Cummins
rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2017
Georgia Mor
Oct 29, 2016
  • My Dad's Got An Alligator
  • Beware Of The Storybook Wolves
  • Muro the Rat Monster (Beast Quest, #32)
  • Wrapped-Up FoxTrot: A Treasury with the Final Daily Strips
  • That's Not My Tractor
  • Bloomin' Rainforests (Horrible Geography S.)
  • Hairy Maclary's Rumpus at the Vet
  • William the Outlaw (Just William, #7)
  • Hayley The Rain Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #14; Weather Fairies, #7)
  • Pigs Might Fly
  • The Angel Of Nitshill Road
  • Villains (Horrible Histories Handbooks)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
Francesca Simon grew up in California and attended both Yale and Oxford Universities, where she specialised in Medieval Studies. How this prepared her to write children’s books she cannot imagine, but it did give her a thorough grounding in alliteration.

She then threw away a lucrative career as a medievalist and worked as a freelance journalist, writing for the Sunday Times, Guardian, Mail on Sund

Horrid Henry Early Reader (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Don't Be Horrid, Henry! (Picture Book)
  • Horrid Henry's Birthday Party