Start by marking “Horrid Henry And The Abominable Snowman” as Want to Read:
Horrid Henry And The Abominable Snowman

Horrid Henry And The Abominable Snowman

(Horrid Henry #16)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  490 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
This is a collection of four Horrid Henry tales - Horrid Henry and the abominable snowman, Horrid Henry's rainy day, Moody Margaret's makeover, and Horrid Henry's author visit.
Paperback
Published October 1st 2007 by Orion Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Horrid Henry And The Abominable Snowman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrid Henry And The Abominable Snowman

Maxym
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aisj-library
I like this book because Henry sneaks back into his classroom. Miss Lovely actually said he can go to Miss Battle-Axe's class. Miss Battle-Axe fell for Horrid Henry's trick that he was on his good behavior and she let him in.
Mark Rasem
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Horrid Henry and the Abominable Snowman by Francesca Simon
One of the highly acclaimed “Horrid Henry” series, this edition features the aforementioned “Abominable Snowman” as one of four short stories within the book.
Being my first experience of reading a “Horrid Henry” and with little prior knowledge, my only inkling as to what to expect was that the book was likely to centre around the goings on of a mischievous central character and his humorous misadventures.
What I discovered was four genuine
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chi-comedy
Henry is horrid and his neighbor is Moody Margaret and poor, poor little brother Peter. Good for begining readers who like a little naughty to chew on.
Siddharth Chakravarthy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I would never recommend this book to any of the kids/children. Horrid Henry sets a very bad example and I hate the fact that he makes cruel and nasty jokes on his family & friends, hurting their feelings in the process.

Portraying such naughty acts as funny and cool isn't a good thing.

The character and attitude of children are shaped by what they read,see and hear. I don't think they would learn any good values from the Horrid Henry book series. They might try to imitate Henry in real life
Faisal II
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: below 10
I read this book with the intention of understanding every single word. I learnt one new word = indignantly.
The book was a classic horrid henry book, I laughed at some of the things henry says , pretty funny.
Chelsea Fletcher
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid kid's book. My cousin (7 years old) loved it.
Eloise Sunshine
I just can't believe how the book ended - it is impossible, but Henry was actually nice :P. Oh, well, him waking up feeling excited and happy was already strange enough :D
Cindy Hudson
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Horrid Henry is back and he’s up to mischief again. This time he’s trying to win a year’s worth of treats from a local ice cream parlor, getting into trouble on a boring rainy day, giving makeovers, and listening to his favorite author in Horrid Henry and the Abominable Snowman.

Author Francesca Simon and illustrator Tony Ross have again brought Henry to life with all his impish ways and devilish plots that somehow don’t work out the way he planned. Once again, young readers should delight in thi
Alena
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We didn't like the cover story (the first one) very much.

2. Grázlik Gabo a daždivý deň - keď sa nedá byť na počítači ani pozerať telka, najlepšie je potrápiť mladšieho brata... "Prezývky, ktoré nemám rád"

3. Škola krásy Náladovej Nade - this is quite weak story and, repeating in ideas

4. Grázlik Gabo a návšteva v škole "Grázlik Gabo sa zobudil. Cítil sa zvláštne.... Tešil sa." - a skoro mu to nevyšlo. Toto bolo napínavé, vynaliezavé. Spisovateľka Bublina (ten preklad je senzačný. Ako klaviristka s
Ietrio
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
Silly does not automatically mean funny. Low quality stories with low quality drawings abusing the little children who don't know stuff like the snowman on top would have melted first as it was more exposed to the light. And the parents end up giving bad example to their own children: the unpleasant boy is hit over and over by everybody turning him more into a bully, but hey, god wanted people to have free will, right?
Beth
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
As a prospective primary education teacher, I am always looking into the children's books and seeing what would be good in a classroom and what is not.

Horrid Henry always goes down well in the classroom, there are obvious morals to the Horrid Henry: manners and the rules of life are common traits throughout these books.

This one is no exception, it is a delightful book for young children and makes the adults smile as well.
Kristina
Mar 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't enjoy it at all. Some stories felt like there was no ending and I really could not like Henry. Roald Dahl and David Walliams are doing a much better job writing children books.
I decided to give the author a chance because I thought she'd be similar to David Walliams but boy how wrong I was.
Maybe my 6 year old self would have found a way to like this book.
Connor Mcgregor
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The horrid henry series has been really funny and interesting, especially this book. I is about a boy called henry, he always pranks people and annoyed his little brother. this book is about him trying to win a snowman competition to win a years serply of ice cream.
LeeAnn
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really liked this book -- except the last chapter/story. The snowman story is original, funny, and creative. The rainy day story is fine. The makeover story has a great twist ending. But the last one fell flat. So, two stars for this book.
Artemis Ash
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anna
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked it because Henry and Margaret try to play tricks with the snowman.
Simone
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because cuz Horrid Henrey kept calling his brother Perfect Peter, the duke of poop!
Lynelle
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
My daughter downloaded (checked out) this book on my Nook from our local library. She read it in one evening and laughed out loud at different parts.
Jess Harris
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Class Loved this on - even more scamp type activity than usual
Charlie
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the first Horrid Henry I read. I didn't like as much as the other ones because I hadn't got to know the books very well.
Sian Taylor
what a little terror
Merlijn
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Een goed boekje om te beginnen met Engels lezen.
Kathy Chung
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
poor henry. he just doesn't have the luck. love his cleverness but can't help pity his luck thouh he was horrid.
Max R.
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
very funny!!!I can't really remember what happened as I read it ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aidan
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book. Horrid Henry wants to win the snowman competition but his snowman melts!
Sherri
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
I think I'm getting annoyed with these books. And they are getting less funny. But my 6 year old still loves them/
Ursula
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Francesca Simon is such a great writer- she never failed to make me laugh in each story! I love these books
Rachel McRae
Dec 25, 2015
Lisa
rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Phillip
Jun 17, 2012
  • The Japanese Ninja Surprise (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #3)
  • Mr. Christmas
  • My Dad's Got An Alligator
  • The Somebodies
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • The Slightly True Story of Cedar B. Hartley, Who Planned to Live an Unusual Life
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Jacob Two-Two-'s First Spy Case
  • Hailey Twitch Is Not a Snitch (Hailey Twitch, #1)
  • Aliens Love Panta Claus
  • But Gentlemen Marry Brunettes: The Illuminating Diary of a Professional Lady (20th-century Classics)
  • Snow is My Favorite and My Best (Charlie and Lola)
  • The Remembered Visit
  • That's Not My Truck
  • Camp Creepy (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #26)
  • Витя Малеев в школе и дома
  • Gooney the Fabulous
Francesca Simon grew up in California and attended both Yale and Oxford Universities, where she specialised in Medieval Studies. How this prepared her to write children’s books she cannot imagine, but it did give her a thorough grounding in alliteration.

She then threw away a lucrative career as a medievalist and worked as a freelance journalist, writing for the Sunday Times, Guardian, Mail on Sund

Horrid Henry (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Horrid Henry
  • Horrid Henry and the Secret Club
  • Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy
  • Horrid Henry's Nits
  • Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick
  • Horrid Henry's Haunted House
  • Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse
  • Horrid Henry's Revenge
  • Horrid Henry And The Bogey Babysitter (Horrid Henry)
  • Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb