Start by marking “My Bundjalung People” as Want to Read:
My Bundjalung People

Ruby Langford Ginibi

My Bundjalung People

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
When Ruby Langford Ginibi was eight years old her father collected his daughters from the Box Ridge mission and drove them to safety, out of reach of the white authorities and the policy of removing Aboriginal children from their families. Today an established author and Aboriginal activist, she travels back to her home in Bundjalung country, to trace and record the histor ...more
Published December 1st 1994 by University of Queensland Pr (Australia)

To ask other readers questions about My Bundjalung People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Bundjalung People

Megan
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I wish I had read her other book, Don't Take Your Love To Town, first. Having that back story would have helped me appreciate this second book. While 'My Bundjalung People' was an interesting and easy read, and a good documentation of the Bundjalung people, I found it difficult to keep up with the plethora of people and place names. The odd story thrown in kept my interest, but I felt a bit like I was reading someone's genealogy or family tree. Since the family history was all new to me, it was ...more
Andrew Gills
A great family history of the Bundjalong people. I found this a difficult read because I don't know the people spoken about or their back story so I felt like I was walking into the middle of a conversation in which I didn't belong.

This is probably a book suited to Aboriginal readers who have connection to Bundjalung and want to learn their stories or to readers with more advanced knowledge of culture than I have.

An excellent record of local people, culture and stories.
Andrew
Magdalena  Bey
Jan 22, 2018
EJ
Apr 09, 2018
Ruby Langford, a Bunjalung aborigine, was born at the Box Ridge Mission, Coraki on the NSW north coast, grew up at Bonalbo and went to high school in Casino.