Start by marking “Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)

Me Before You

(Me Before You #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  989,267 ratings  ·  79,330 reviews
Discover the love story that captured over 20 million hearts in Me Before You, After You, and Still Me.

They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose . . .

Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job w
Published December 31st 2012 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking

·  989,267 ratings  ·  79,330 reviews

Start your review of Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
Emily May
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2014
As much as I like a good love story, I wouldn't call myself a romantic. Not by a long shot. In fact, I can be pretty cold-hearted when it comes to romance books, remaining emotionless in the face of tragic heartbreak and loss. The Fault in Our Stars didn't move me. Eleanor & Park was cute, but still an average read for me.

There's just certain things that I don't like. Emotionally manipulative books that feel as if the author set out with an agenda to tug at my heart strings - that would be up there
CaroB
I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book. I know I should probably let my emotions settle before reviewing but I want to get all the feelings down...

Firstly I want to say that the cover does not do this book justice. It gives the impression of a bland and fluffy read when in reality this is a heartbreaking story, with subject matter that may be difficult for a lot of readers.

The characters begin as likeable, yet maddeningly realistic in all the
Lynge Munch
Being a male reader on a booksite you kind of expect to be outnumbered when it comes to the sexes. But that doesn't keep alarm bells from blaring like a convoy of reversing trucks when practically every reviewer of a book is of the female gender. And when the author in addition is touted as the winner of multiple romance novel awards your primal male instinct is to run like your being chased by some primordial predator.

So it was really against my instinct and better judgement that I
Emily
Oct 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did anyone else notice that the ultimate message of this book is that a disabled life is not worth living, even despite a caring family, endless wealth, the best medical care, and (by the end of the book) a devoted, loving romantic partner? For a while I was enjoying the story, but by the end I was deeply distressed about the moral and ethical implications of the book's ending. The book juxtaposes an adventurous, athletic, and sexually active lifestyle with life in a wheelchair - and decides tha ...more
Zoë
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My video review & discussion on this incredible book! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbgM4...

This was one of the best books I have ever read. So good that it makes me want to lower the ratings of all of the other books I have read just so that this (and maybe Clockwork Princess) is the only book with a 5-star rating. I can't properly describe right now how exactly this book moved me and made me analyze my own thoughts, as I am still currently crying, but just know that it did. Absolutely wonderful.
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fiction
Despite being a bit predictable, I adored this book. I love the characters, and I sort of want to pick it back up and read it again. I could have easily flown through this book in a day (if I'd had time), but I'm glad I took my time with it. I really got to know the characters, and I really liked the ending, and how it contrasted the beginning of the story. SO BEAUTIFUL.
Sasha Alsberg
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book showed love and it's beautiful nature but also the harsh reality of life.
Totally sobbed at the end...thinking about filming a review because I have a lot to say about this book.
Very well done, heartbreakingly so
Ela
Sep 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I had a hard time rating this book one star, because up until the end I really liked it. But the end is the most important part of every book because it's what stays with you and after that I just can't bring myself to rate it anything but "did not like it".

I am honestly shocked after reading all those 5* reviews. Not because people liked the book, but because people somehow manage to get something "inspirational" and romantic out of it... Seriously? I don't want to judge people for
Hannah
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Lola
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

There goes my heart.

Hold on. I need a few seconds to make sense of what happened.

I can’t believe it. I was warned it would come as a shock, and even the author gently glided our thoughts toward that idea, but I still felt that PANG in my chest when reading the ending.

That’s all I’m going to say about that, for fear of spoiling anything for you.

Louisa is a simple girl. She works. She cares for her family. She does what she has to do. She doesn’t take risks or ever act recklessly. It’s not who she is; her responsibilities come first.

Will’s
Emma Giordano
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Update 9/22/2018 - Lowering this once again to 3 stars. 4 stars is too generous based on the harm this book caused to individuals with disabilities.

Update 2/20/17 - Lowering my rating from 4.99 stars to 4 because while I really enjoyed this romance, after hearing how harmful this book is to individuals with disabilities, I don't feel comfortable placing a higher rating on this book. The story was great, I loved Will & Louisa's relationship, but with the problems in medical inform
Angela
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Going to start this review off by saying that if you don't want to have your heart torn from your chest and crushed into a tiny little pieces then don't pick up this book. I kept seeing people say "Now this is a book", and figured it was a lot of hype. NO, NO it wasn't just a lot of hype. If you follow me on goodreads than you know all this month I've only (well mainly only) been reading books suggested to me from friends on here. Me Before Y"Now
Christy
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished my re-read and all I have to say is everyone should read this book... EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!! Still cried like a baby, but I love it!

photo eb06b2ca-63f7-41aa-be11-6426489ac868_zpscbb8a849.jpg

Before you start this book... be prepared to cry. You will cry happy tears and sad tears. You will smile, laugh, be devastated, ugly cry, and if your like me- you will love the journey this book took you on.

This is a story of two people who meet each other by chance, and change each others lives forever.

LOU

photo eb06b2ca-63f7-41aa-be11-6426489ac868_zpscbb8a849.jpg

LOU
 photo Mebeforeyou4_zpsdd208967.jpg

WILL
 photo 9fa40325-d0dc-4c84-9e2f-7a30560640d7_zpsbc292ef3.jpg

Will used to be active. He used to be successful. He used to be a lot of things. Two years ago, everything changed for him. Now, he is stuck in a wheel chair. He is a quadriplegic with no real hope at recovery. He feels trapped. He just wants a way out.

Lou just lost her job as a waitress and is looking for work. She lives at home with her parents, grandpa, sister, and nephew, and they count on her. After a few failed attempts at random jobs, she gets placed as a carer. Will’s mother is looking for someone to lift Will’s spirits. She thinks Lou is right for the job. She gets hired to help Will out and be his companion for six months.

The first few weeks of Lou working for Will, it is difficult. He doesn’t make it easy on her. But eventually, they click. Lou is starting to really like Will, and is pretty happy with her job. Until she overhears a conversation. She finds out that (view spoiler). Lou is not happy with this information. She wants to quit, but instead, decides to do something about it...

photo 6debe3af-fb5c-44a9-bf94-41ebfd6af69a_zps3dea6d3b.jpg

Lou tries all kinds of activities to cheer Will up and make him come to life. Some are successful, some are not. I loved this. Lou put her heart and soul into helping Will. She planned all kinds of trips and things for them to do. The horse racing had me laughing, I loved all her ideas and enthusiasm. It seemed like it was starting to help. She even got Will to go to a concert.
‘I just . . . want to be a man who has been to a concert with a girl in a red dress. Just for a few minutes more.’

And to a wedding... (view spoiler)
Will and Lou even got tattoo’s together.
 photo b193652d-06e4-46d1-8e2d-397efbd5dc58_zps0849e970.jpg

Lou’s feelings towards Will started to grow. Will cares for Lou. He is always encouraging her to step out of her comfort zone, to live. As there six months was coming to an end, Will got sick. A bad case of pneumonia put their last big adventure off. But Lou came up with a new plan. She and Will and his other care giver went to the ocean. There, she decided to tell Will her true feelings for him.

“All I can say is that you make me...you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful.I would rather be with you- even the you that you seem to think is diminished- than with anyone else in the world.”

photo e18396ba-55bc-4fbe-bf68-34f6a5fb5655_zps0d09ca7b.jpg

“I thought, briefly, that I would never feel as intensely connected to the world, to another human being, as I did at that moment.”

Lou is falling in love with Will. But is it enough....Will’s response to this broke my heart...
(view spoiler)

"It has been, the best six months of my entire life."
"Funnily enough, Clark, mine too."

Okay... I can’t say enough how much I loved this book! It made me think, it made me question things, it made me feel.

There were points towards the end where I was like...
 photo G20_zpsa0a615d6.gif
and when it’s all over...
 photo GIF12_zpsb1e23e7e.gif

But I have spent the whole day thinking about this one, and I have to say, as much as I didn’t love the ending while reading, I get it. (view spoiler)

Both of these main characters will touch your heart. This is one of those books that will stay with me. One of the most emotional stories I have ever read, but it was also one of the most beautiful. Would reccommend this one to everyone!!!

photo e0c1e7c3-81dd-4741-99ca-f0df0aa2a790_zpsab84a5b6.jpg
Katerina
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pages stained with tears. Used tissues. And my bruised, bleeding heart lying on the floor. I don't know how long I'll survive with a huge hole in my chest.

I thought that I would never feel as intensely connected to a book as I did while reading Me Before You. I finished it a few hours ago but I'm still crying. It feels like I've shed an ocean of tears, fat, ugly droplets of li/>
Nat
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
'Hey, Clark,’ he said. ‘Tell me something good.’

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I decided to read this book right after watching the trailer and crying, partly because Mr. Bates from Downton Abbey was there (every single time he shows up- tears start streaming down my face) and partly because the story was so moving.
But I honestly did not expect this book to impact me this emotionally.

I thought Me Bef
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
I did really enjoy this but not as much as I'd expected to. I think too many people were telling me how much I was going to love it and how emotional it was and that kind of set me up for failure. It was sad, but I wasn't moved to tears and while I really did like it, I didn't love it.

Update: Just watched the movie trailer for the first time and I got chills. Honestly I think this is one of those cases where I'm going to like the movie better than the book. I just had a lot of trouble connectin
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

LIVE BOLDLY. PUSH YOURSELF. DON'T SETTLE.

***RE-READ ON 8TH SEPTEMBER 2013 WITH LA-LIONEE & ANA RITA, THANKS LADIES FOR MAKING ME RE-READ ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES***

------------ORIGINAL REVIEW--------------

This book, holly hell this book! I finished this yesterday and thought it was great but I can not express what I felt this morningbook,
xrysa
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to write a proper review about this book . I dont want to spoil anything for you. Just read it,you wont regret it.

Oh my god this book was so mind blowing but mostly heartbreaking.

Will
Best before : 19 March 2007

Lou

Lou has to work for Will and in the beginning things are very difficult for both of them . Giclass="gr-hostedUserImg">

Best
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Rereading!
I just finished my re-read of this book. Sometimes a second trip into a book doesn't end well for me. I see things that I did not pick up the first time and I end up not liking the book anymore.
That didn't happen with this book.
Because guess what I'm doing?
I'm sobbing. Not crying. Big ugly snot running tears.
It takes a lot for a book to do this to me.
Chicago commercial photographers

There is no reason to go into what this book is about. Most everyone knows or has he
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty awesome, but the ending kinda killed me😶😕
Candace
It is rare to find a book that has the ability to make the reader look at life through a different lens, forcing us to re-examine our values, prejudices, morals and ethics. This book, is such a book. 'Me Before You' is a book that will touch your soul and may change your life.

As a Registered Nurse that has dedicated my career to working with individuals with spinal cord injuries/disorders, the subject matter is particularly near and dear to my heart. I didn't know what this book was
Ahmad Sharabiani
Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
Me Before You is a romance novel written by Jojo Moyes. The book was first published on 5 January 2012 in the United Kingdom. A sequel titled After You was released 29 September 2015 through Pamela Dorman Books. A second sequel, Still Me, was published in January 2018.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز یازدهم ماه جولای سال 2016 میلادی
عنوان: من پیش از تو؛ نویسنده: جوجو مویس (مویز)؛ مترجم: مریم فتاحی؛ تهران، آموت، 1393؛ در 536 ص؛ شابک: 9786006605425؛ موضوع: داستانها
Jessica
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full review (with GIFs :P) on my blog at www.priceiswong.com
Megan Johnson
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
Oh goodness heartbreak.

I'm one of those people that as soon as I hear a book is being made into a movie, I decide I should read it. But honestly with this one, I have no clue why I waited so long. I have heard over and over about how much others have enjoyed it and yet held off myself. Lesson learned.

Me Before You is the story of a young girl who finds herself the caretaker of a quadriplegic man who is both charming and brash depending on the mood. And yet, there's something about him that she
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
SO. I know that practically the whole world loves this book, and I'm not trying to undermine the majority. Truly, I'm not. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the biggest (only?) downside to training yourself to read books critically for review, is that you can't turn it off. I may never be able to devour a book, paying zero attention to anything but how it makes me feel, and enjoying it without any kind of expectations ever again.

That probably sounds awful to a lot a people, but I don't mind. I might ev()
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

“Hey Clark', he said.'Tell me something good'. I stared out of the window at the bright-blue Swiss sky and I told him a story of two people. Two people who shouldn't have met, and who didn't like each other much when they did, but who found they were the only two people in the world who could possibly have understood each other."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Life is a wonderful thing, but then again, it can also be horrible and merciless. We have beenstars
Lindsey Rey
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I need a hug. In fact, can someone just hold me for a week? I think I am just gonna curl up in a ball and keep sobbing now.
Maureen
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just RIP MY HEART OUT WHY DON'T YOU.

I really loved this story and these characters a lot. A lot a lot.

A really fantastic read.

Can't write more right now because CANNOT PROCESS.
Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
Oh My Gosh...
I recommend this book to 'ALL' my friends!

This really 'is' a "CAN'T-PUT-DOWN-BOOK". My guess, is most people who start this book will keep reading until they finish-(one or two days tops)!

Once you begin this book, you'll only STOP reading if you 'must' do something else in life. You'll pass on a favorite TV show. You'll pass on a walk. You'll pass on going to the movies or out to see a friend....
UNTIL....
You've finished reading "ME BEFORE YOU"
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
description

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book.Reading about the six months Louisa Clark and Will Trayner spent together made me laugh and cry.I have not stopped thinking about this book since I put it down!!It will stay with me for a very long time.....

description

Will Traynor lived an adventurous life until it was cut short one day. Will is a quadriplegic who nee
Book Vs. Movie 39 424 Nov 04, 2019 12:57PM
Play Book Tag: Me Before You By Jojo Moyes 4stars 3 20 May 08, 2019 01:15PM
How to Promote YouTube Videos | Buy YouTube Subscribers Cheap 1 5 Mar 10, 2019 11:04PM

• The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
  • P.S. I Love You (P.S. I Love You, #1)
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Eleanor & Park
  • The Girl on the Train
  • Dear John
  • The Devil Wears Prada (The Devil Wears Prada, #1)
  • If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Gone Girl
  • Paper Towns
  • Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1)
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

Sh

Me Before You (3 books)
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)
  • Still Me (Me Before You, #3)
“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” 3464 likes
“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.” 2360 likes