Start by marking “2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month” as Want to Read:
2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month

2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month

Melissa “Liss” Burnell has provided an extensive frugal living resource online for over a decade and presents a 2012 Grocery guide for struggling students and families of all sizes and income ranges.
The average family of 4 in the United States spends more than $700 a month on groceries alone. In the “2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month" the author outlines ho
Published 2012 by Budget101.com

To ask other readers questions about 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month

Start your review of 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month
Su
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
A quick read that I got free on Kindle. If this is your first time delving into the world of grocery shopping on a budget, then there's probably something here for you. Otherwise, it's a lot of the same stuff that everybody says. It does seem to be a summary of, or possibly an introduction to, the associated website. If you want to pick up quick tips in a hurry, then it's worth checking out, but only if you can get it free or borrow it-- I read it in 20 minutes on the bus, and the information is ...more
Shannon
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I got this for free through BookBub but I would pay a buck or two for it. If you are fresh out of college or your parents, I would recommend you read this book. Learn it. Keep it.
If, like me, you've been at it awhile, there are a few new things to be learned and I did like how the author offers options for meal planning, shopping, etc. Finally someone recognizes that it's not a one-size-fits-all dilemma!
I will say that I liked the DIY mixes ideas and recipes and I have already started following
Maryfran
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a very practical read that gives the consumer some very clear and concise ideas to save money during grocery shopping. I found many of the ideas to be basic knowledge, things that anyone that has half a brain, or has contemplated saving money in groceries would already know. However, there were some nuggets of useful information that can be gleaned. The best find for me, were the links to the numerous recipes that offers the consumer to make many of the convenience products that we shou ...more
Laura Cushing
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quick read of some grocery budget tips - borrowed last night from the Kindle Lending Library, and read in about an hour. Not worth the price - a borrower only.

Tips are useful, if basic. Plan on checking out the website associated with it.
Melinda Hammontree
Feb 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm glad this book is free because it isn't worth anything. The tips are basic, and the only grocery purchases and menu in the book was for dinners for 5 days. I could spend just $50 a week if I only fed my family 1 meal a day for only 5 days. We should probably fast the rest of the time.
Rachel
This was an okay little book. Glad I got it free, as it really didn't have anything
new in it. If you are new to trying to save money it would probably be of some help,
but if you've been working at it for a while....save your time(and money if you can't
get it free)and give it a bypass.
Sabina Kelly
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
A good reminder on what to do... Got it free.
Daniel
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: finance
A little short, with some already known tips (for me), and a bunch of recipes. It is ok if you get it for free or for a low price.
Nicole
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was read in my "clean up my kindle" phase. Some good ideas - only a couple that were new to me. The formatting of the ebook was terrible.
April Spaugh
Sep 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Full of ideas that I already knew. Also, the numbers (as far as meal planning) didn't add up. A few so-so recipes in the back.
Jasmine
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Some of the information was helpful, but this was nothing I have not read in other money saving books or articles. Not too original.
Amy
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Not as helpful as I thought/hoped it would be.
Crystal
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Has good ideas/ recipes.
DeAnna Troupe
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timeless tips for frugal shoppers.

Even though this is an older book, there are great tips for every frugal shopper. A must read to get that grocery budget under control.
Susan
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Family Guide to Groceries Under $250 a month by Melissa Burnell was a book I had high hopes for providing me with new ways to cut my grocery bill down. I already do mostly everything mentioned in the book including the coupons, vacuum sealing, and my own recipes. I also am aware of the packaging deception, placement of items on store shelves, and the club stores bulk buying. There really was nothing in the book that I found new or useful except some of the recipes which I can just substitute fro ...more
Lori McKellar
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!!! Quick easy recipes!!!

Quick easy recipes, including recipes for common daily mixes, like taco seasoning, gravy mix, ect....and many good tips to help keep your grocery bill down.
Susan Edmondson
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was good

It was a good beginner's guide to saving money. I will try some of the recipes for dry mixes. If you are a good couponer some of the tips offered you will be already using.
Katya
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although there was nothing earth-shattering in this little book, I still jotted down a few notes while reading it. It was more motivating than anything else. Hope it inspires you too :)
Starr Cliff
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Quick read with some good reminders.
Kay
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good tips

I enjoyed the ideas. Wish someone would write a similar book for single folks. Along with pantry ideas or list.
Darinda
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
Free Kindle ebook. Useful info.
Julie
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
This book even though written for 2012 didn't seem to take in affect of the rising food prices of today. Had a couple of good hints but most I already new.
Nancy  Jackson
Jul 06, 2014
Beverly L
Dec 27, 2014
Dessire
rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2018
Rashidat
May 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • The No-Spend Challenge Guide: How to Stop Spending Money Impulsively, Pay off Debt Fast, & Make Your Finances Fit Your Dreams
  • Shadows of the Workhouse
  • The Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times
  • You Who? Why You Matter and How to Deal With It
  • Trees Tall as Mountains (The Journey Mama Writings #1)
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Bitter Roots (Bitter Root Mysteries, #1)
  • A Beginner's Guide To Paracord: How To Make 4 Easy Survival Bracelet Styles
  • 25 items that sell out on ebay and Amazon FBA Thrift Store Profits Yard Sale Gold: Make money This weekend
  • The Elephants and the Chocolate Cake
  • Gunboat Number 14
  • Miss Anna's Frigate
  • The Missing
  • Stealing Flowers
  • John Wayne: The Life and Legend
  • 925 Ideas to Help You Save Money, Get Out of Debt and Retire a Millionaire So You Can Leave Your Mark on the World!

News & Interviews