Start by marking “Home Sweet Home” as Want to Read:
Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
His parents said it would be lots of fun. Two weeks in the mountains with nice Mr. Walker. A perfect vacation for a little boy. But Timmy didn't think it was fun. The closer they got to the cabin, the less friendly Mr. Walker's smile became. The scarier the sound of his voice. The more evil the light in the depths of his eyes. Timmy was surprised to find other children at ...more
Published April 1st 1985 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Home Sweet Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Sweet Home

Zakary McGaha
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is classic "cozy" horror by a writer who wasn't particularly pretentious...but she was one thing: passionate. I've read many of her Zebra titles, and it's clear she enjoys writing these simple stories of kids in distress. What sets her apart from, say, a YA horror writer? Simple: the danger in these stories is real, and it's a trademark for her to kill off MAIN characters (most of whom are kids). Of all her books I've read, this is my fav. It's perfect. It moves at a great pace. Ruby truly ...more
Jeremy Verdi
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is a free bin book. This story is basically Psycho with a little bit of latent paedophilia thrown in for good measure. Very silly and illogical, but it help me catch some Z's after scouring my bookshelves late one night for something I hadn't read yet, which is the exact reason I keep a cache of free bin books. I would probably read another Ruby Jean Jensen book if I found one, but then again I love horrible 80's slasher films so take that as you will.
David
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it
After reading this book, I was surprised to find that while this story was indeed a horrifying one, it really didn't deal with the supernatural horror that many of her books do. Instead, we deal with the gut wrenching fear of having our child turned over to the hands of a maniac and the fear that both the child and parents have to deal with. I have enjoyed others by Ruby more, but this was a very enjoyable and quick read and I would recommend it. (originally posted on Amazon.com)
Kimberly
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love anything by Ruby Jean Jensen. This book was even autographed. Though the author has passed away, her legacy of being the Queen of horror novels lives on! Mostly her books are about dolls or toys coming back to life or evil and strange children doing ugly things. Loved this book and all the others.
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, horror, thriller
With the same kind of insidious and foreboding atmosphere as Kubrick's film The Shining, this 1980's paperback is nothing short of unspeakably eerie and intense.
Rissy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: other
One word.. Interesting. I like to step out of my normal reading zone and pick up different authors occasionally to see if I can find a new favorite. This book, Home Sweet Home, drew me in by the little back cover preface. I wasn't disappointed by the read.

I could certainly see this one overlooked by most people, but I'd recommend it if you are into books or movies about people with *Spoiler* Multiple personalities or child predators. The first of which, is pretty apparent but the second a lit
Cameron Roubique
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite book covers of all time! I saw this on a shelf in my neighbor's house when I was a little kid, and found it on amazon twenty years later. I thought it was a pretty solid book. Definitely creepy and subtle but it kept my interest the whole time. I'm definitely going to check out more stuff by Ruby Jean Jensen.
Robin Bean
Kathleen Hollingshead
Nov 01, 2014
Peacha
Nov 10, 2016
Ruby Jean Jensen was born and raised in southwest Missouri. Most of her life has been spent in Missouri or nearby in northwest Arkansas, where she currently makes her home. In addition to writing, Ruby has always been an animal lover, and spends most of her time now caring for her pets. Ruby began her writing career in the 1970's by writing Gothic romance novels with a strong paranormal story line ...more