Start by marking “On Becoming His” as Want to Read:
On Becoming His

Read Excerpt

On Becoming His

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Jezebel Waters, Jessie to her friends, had everything in her life that she could ever want. From a successful career as a top-level executive, a hefty salary and fabulous friends, she had the world in the palm of her hand – except for the right man in her life. In the back of her mind she knew she was missing something and the realization was almost terrifying. She craved ...more
Published May 14th 2012 by Cassandre Dayne

To ask other readers questions about On Becoming His, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Becoming His

Michel Prince
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
On becoming his follows the emotion choice of Jessie to become a submissive. She'd considered this before but until she met Luke she never trusted anyone to dominate over her. Trust being the first and most important word in this book shows that entering the lifestyle is not for a weak person on either end. Both Dom and sub have to be people of strength and in this book you have an opportunity to peek into not only the bedroom but the day to day lifestyle and all it entails. The Hollywoodization ...more
Michael Dunellen
Jessie ... I mean, Jezebel ... I mean, Jessie is entering a BDSM and Domestic Discipline relationship with her boyfriend, Luke, who is 10 years older than her (she is a 45 year old executive) and a somewhat experienced Dom. Essentially we are in her head through out the beginning stages of the relationship.

Honestly I hope he knows what he is getting into. Jessie is extremely needy and I do mean extreme. She also had a tendency to Top from Below. He was enthusiastic but she was something else.

On
Savannah
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A truly beautiful journey between the characters of Jessie and Luke. I was fascinated and sat reading, unable to tear myself away from the pages of this book. Author Cassandre Dayne wrote a wonderful book filled with struggles, fears, wants and discovery of what one truly yearns for.
Shanyn Hosier
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: explicit, bdsm
This book is a fictional account of the thoughts, journal entries, and poetry of Jezebel, a woman contemplating a "head of household" D/s relationship with her current boyfriend of a few months, Luke. The tone of the book is very reflective, focusing on inner thoughts to the near exclusion of plot. Jezebel's decision dominates the entire arc of the story, and any scenes of action depicted are either memories or fleeting moments.

I liked the poems interspersed throughout the narrative. They were i
Cassandre Dayne
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-releases
A learning and self discovery book for anyone wanting to enter into the D/s relationship. Very emotional piece.
Liana
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very insightful story for me. Wonderfully written. The characters Jessie and Luke were made for eachother. I love it up to and including the ending. I cannot wait for Luke's story.
Dawn
Cassandre Dayne delivers a powerful, eloquent story of a woman who finally finds what she has longed for and it is one story that isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s a heartfelt story & it’s tender. It’s sexy. It’s also a journey for two people that the reader just can not help but fall in love with. This isn’t your typical D/s story at all. When you first meet Jessie and Luke, you can see the powerful attraction between them. It literally had me wondering if my e-reader was going to blow up ...more
Bluwaterprincezz
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bluwaterprincezz by: Benjamin Russell
I found myself being drawn into this story right away Jessie and Luke are captivating together. I was absolutely taken by the fact yes this maybe erotica, but it showed the feelings that went much deeper than just the sexual aspect of the story. There are so many levels you have to reach to be completely devotional to another person. Trust is a very difficult thing to have in people, and to find a person that appreciates your trust is amazing. But what Jessie craved was the feeling of making Luk ...more
Crystal
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
I thought this book was more of 2.5 rating. If there was such a thing as a boring BDSM book, this is it.

Now, in all fairness, the poetry sections in the book were really good. Really good. I think if the same passion and energy was applied to the rest of the book, I would've appreciated it a lot more.

I found the characters to be a bit bland. Jessie, or Jezebel, is described as this in-charge woman but you never see her in that role at the office or even with her girlfriends. There wasn't reall
Jade
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-bdsm
"...sensual, emotional and utterly breathtaking" -Dawn Roberto

I couldn't agree more on this review. I just finished reading "On Becoming His" this morning and I have never read a book and related to a character such as I did with Jessie. I truly felt as if I was reading my own journal. "On Becoming His" has touched me to my very core. That being said, Jessie and Luke's story was an emotional one for me on a very personal level. I look forward to following them on their journey.

This has been quit
Tory Michaels
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Really, I'd give this a 2.5, but that's more my personal taste because of all the space that was (IMO) wasted on the poetry. Yes, I get that the poetry was summarizing the m/c's journey into becoming Luke's submissive, but I skipped all but the first couple and don't feel like I really lost much. I don't like poetry though, so if that's more your cup of tea, then you might like this book better than I did.
Christine
Aug 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I am finally done. It took me two days to read this story between Jezebel (Jessie) and Luke. There was a few sections that were good but the rest of the story dragged on for me. I am not sure if all the poems were needed to show that Jessie wrote them. I am conflicted if the second book will be any better than the first.
Doris O'Connor
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. There are parts I loved, and parts I really didn't connect with, but I felt compelled to carry on reading anyway. An intensely personal account of one woman's journey into submission and as such an interesting insight into the lifestyle.
Heather Wildman
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
While an interesting take on a lifestyle choice, this story left me wanting. If I want to read a book of poetry, I will read a book of poetry. I would have enjoyed the story much more without the verses.
Elizabeth
Aug 28, 2012
Annie South
Nov 22, 2012
Cristina
rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2012
Cassandre writes highly erotic romance stories and novels in the contemporary, science fiction and paranormal flavors. Currently she has over sixty erotic romance novels published with Rebel Ink Press and several more under contract. Her recent titles include Unleashed, Rustling Danger, Extreme Position, Ride and Wild Pony, Dirty Little Lunches Collection and several m/m pieces including Game Over ...more
More about Cassandre Dayne...