Start by marking “Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Moonlight on the Millpond

Lori Wick

Moonlight on the Millpond

(Tucker Mills Trilogy #1)

Welcome to 1839 Tucker Mills, Massachusetts! Can Jace simultaneosly manage a new job, romance---and his interfering sister? As indentured servant Reese works toward her liberty, should she keep her heart free? And when widowed Dannan takes over his uncle's medical practice, will single fatherhood be too big a pill to swallow? 3-Volume Set includes: Moonlight on the Millpon ...more
Audiobook, Abridged
Published March 15th 2005 by Oasis Audio (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight on the Millpond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight on the Millpond

Start your review of Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills, #1)
Mayda
Not nearly as good as some Lori Wick’s other works, this novel is predictable and trite at times. Because it is Christian fiction, some references to the Bible and religious beliefs are to be expected. But Ms. Wick went beyond the pure religious aspect and added in her own beliefs in theology. Long dialogues about the ineffectiveness of infant baptism in God’s eyes offended me. Thinly disguised disgust of the evils of drinking and the evils of controlling women were unneeded and over done. Shall ...more
Beth
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who are already convinced that alcohol is super wrong and, like, sinful and stuff
Recommended to Beth by: Sheila
The beginning of this book was confusing.

For the most part, the entire book is written in short segments that range from a couple of paragraphs in length up to an entire page. Occasionally some would clock in at 1.5 to 3 pages in length before switching to the next group of characters and/or settings which was distinguished with a curlicue-thing. In fact it wasn't uncommon for 2-4 curlicues to appear on each double page spread. That's a heck of a lot of head hopping.

There were 8 key characters.
Diane
Jul 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I am a fan of christian historical romance fiction, this was a very good, quick read for me. It is facinating to "watch" as people find out how good their lives can be when they invite God to be the center of their lives. This journey for Jace and Maddie, and even Jace's sister Eden, to find God and to discover on their own a faith in Him, is wonderful. The storyline has had a few twists that even I was not ready for, so it was a great surprise and a joy to read.
Shantelle
A sweet Lori Wick book to help me out of my reading slump! Moonlight on the Millpond was a rather quick and easy read, with endearing characters and a meaningful theme. I usually enjoy this author's work, and I certainly did this time. Set in the 1830s, it focuses on a few different couples, but mainly on Jace Randall and Maddie Shepard. Young love, betrayal, new beginnings, a hunger for truth, and just life - Lori Wick's books have a special, charming, realistic touch to them. They usually leav ...more
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Way too much Christians judging other Christians as going to hell because they have different beliefs. blech

The main characters weren't terribly likeable either, especially Maddie. And come one, two glasses of champagne is not going to make anyone black out and forget what they did that night. Has the author ever drank alcohol or did she just want to write something that would serve as a warning to its evils? Ridiculous!

Didn't like this one at all.
Melissa
Jan 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting Wick book to read...different than her others in that both of the main characters were not 'saved' as they usually are in her books. It made for a little deeper characters, more growth through the book.
Malia Saldaña
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet book. Tucker Mills sounds like a fun town. 3.5 stars
Dora Wagner
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the desire to revisit some old friends. There is nothing like reminiscing with great characters and a wonderful town full memories. Lori Wick is an author create stories that always have me returning from time to time to revisit those friends I make between the pages or in my case, through out the audio "pages". Trust you will love a trip to Tucker Mills.
Barbara
This Christian historical fiction novel is set in the 1800's, and is the first of a trilogy. Jace and Maddie are both questioning many things about faith, and that part I enjoyed because it seemed very real, although it wasn't fully resolved in this book. Then there were a couple of scenes involving alcohol that just didn't quite seem believable. Eden, Jace's sister, changed so much during the course of the book that she was a character I changed my mind about. I wouldn't mind finding out what h ...more
Joanie Bruce
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Lori Wick’s books, and this one was no exception. However, I don’t believe this is one of my favorites

What I liked: I loved the small town setting and the insight into what life was like in the “western days.” I also liked the natural questions Maddie asked about spiritual things. She had never been taught that heaven existed or how to prepare for death, and her pastor talked around the answers, never satisfying her hunger. The natural progression of her doubts were believable and
Andrea
Sep 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't very impressed with the author's ability to keep things clear at the beginning of the story. There are several people/families that the story is switching back and forth between. There wasn't enough lead up or information on the characters initially. I kept wondering who was who.

After I got past that, I enjoyed the overall story. A romance that highlights the importance communication plays in relationships. Nice reminder about how easy it can be to misunderstand, and how we need to kee
Kayrene Smither
Whew! I haven't read Lori Wick in several years, and this was not a good choice to jump back in. I never could get into the secondary stories about the other families. I was confused as to who they were. Then the main characters; Jace and Maddie; the story just got so dysfunctional, and near the end I just wanted to finish the book. Very strange, about the memory loss, etc., and sad. Was there some kind of underlying message to be told about alcohol? Then Jace, just a little creepy. I thought th ...more
Judy
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a love story between Jace and Maddie. Unfortunately, his sister tries to break them apart as she feels she knows what is best for her brother. After a time Jace has a visit from his sister, and she is very different. She shares an amazing testimony about the L-rd and how she experienced His love and love from other believers. Great book for everyone, especially those questioning if G-d is real.

This book kept my interest and touched my heart in a way a book hasn't in awhile. Looking
Anna Marie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen White
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His Uncle requested that Jace comes to Millpond, and learn the business. He wanted someone that would take over his business, and hoped his health would give him time to teach him. With the planting, and then the cutting of the boards was a lot of work.
Doyle was told to rest his heart, for a time. Kathy his wife couldn’t do it all, with the customers they had daily. Sending for their niece that they had raise to come and help out.
Soon it was evident that Jace and Maddy had eyes for one another.
Kelly
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tucker Mills book 1

I have read quite a few of Lori ick’s books and this one was quite different from some of her others. If there were to be a movie made of the book, I think I could guess 2 of the songs that would be on the soundtrack; Married to a Waitress (or something like that) by Alan Jackson, and the song Just As I Am. It was a little different, but still the message is the same. Maddie had lots of questions. I believe that God draws us to Himself and sometimes that drawing includes us ha
Joy Birky
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novel in 1800’s

This story evolves around life in Tucker’s Mill in the 1800’ s.

Jace’s sister Eden’s protective & controlling nature toward Jace lead to major problems between them. Then her conversion changes her focus.

Maddie’s many questions about death cause big differences between she and Jace in how to find satisfying answers.

Rev. Muldoon shares his explanations based on the Bible, but accepting them is hard.
Michele
This was a nice enough book but it didn't grab my attention all that much. It is a two-fold love story. First, there is the love story between Jace & Maddie -- how they meet & how their relationship falters/develops. It is also, though, a love story between people and God. How God changes people. How He seeks them out. How those same people respond or not. ...more
Stephanie Salyer
Good fun easy light reading with an emphasis on the many paths that people walk on while looking for peace in this world. Peace that's available and easily given when we believe and invite Jesus to be the Lord in our lives. Many of these characters just believed and thus were lacking peace. Looking forward to book 2 to see what happens with the newlyweds :)
Anita
Easy read regarding life in 1830’s New England focused on the lives of a quaint town called Tucker Mills and particularly one young couple as they court, marry and search for the meaning of their Christian journey.
Jan St Clair
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good historical. Christian fiction romance

I liked this book a lot. Lori Wick is an author that draws you into the story making you feel like you are a part of it. I am looking forward to the second book!
Kris
Jul 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how I made it through to the end of this one. It's poorly written, the characters are shallow and unlikeable and the story mundane. The author threw in some petty religious disagreements for some unknown reason.
Mary
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story of Jace Randall and Maddie Shepard is happy, sad, suspenseful, tearful and so on. It is a delightful book. Once I started reading it I could not stop. I highly recommend this book.
Rena Glubay
Enjoyed the story and have already started book 2.
Crystal Ellyson
This book was confusing and hard to stay into. I didn't enjoy it.
Jeanie Kidd
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book enjoying reading it a good story line .
Tracy Smith
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
My first book by Lori Wick and very enjoyable. Will be looking into her different series. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Tammy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Great book, loved and will want to re-read it in the future.
Phylisha Stone
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love story set in the 1800's between a very insecure young woman who had a bad relationship experience and never got over it.
Audrey
picked up at a church book sale.. the church would of been happy
« previous 1 3 next »

• Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers, #1)
  • No Other Will Do (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #1)
  • A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1)
  • A Tailor-Made Bride
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • Beloved Hope (Heart of the Frontier Book #2)
  • Head in the Clouds
  • The Healer (O'Malley #5)
  • The Protector (O'Malley, #4)
  • Heart on the Line (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #2)
  • The Rescuer (O'Malley #6)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • To Win Her Heart
  • Intrigue a la Mode (Harvey House Brides,)
  • Grand Encounters (Harvey House Brides)
  • More Than a Pretty Face (Patchwork Family #2.5)
  • Nowhere to Turn (Hidden Identity, #2)
  • Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle, #1)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."

Tucker Mills Trilogy (3 books)
  • Just Above a Whisper (Tucker Mills, #2)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills, #3)